Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 IV: We Still Have Allen York. Sorry, Everyone!

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
    Quick. Name the only team in all of NCAA D1 that has not given up a shorthanded goal all season.

And significant portions of that was done while using a 4-1 PP. I'm not too concerned about our power play. Especially since we're clicking at 19%. That's quite the difference from 8.7, just two short years ago.
    That stat of no short handed goals given up stands out and should be celebrated. I have noticed it for some time but did not want to mention it for fear of being a jinx. The PP stat of 19% is OK but could still be better especially with the talent we can put out there with Polacek, Bailen, Bergin, Helfrich, etc. I have this premonition that I cannot explain that the power play will be our forte in the next few years with the boys we have coming in.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
      Hurting Stewart`s wallet will make him hate Appert/ RPI Less? OK
      What's the alternative, allow him to get away with unacceptable behavior.
      Last edited by AspyDad; 02-15-2011, 05:56 PM.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        What exactly did the boss say to you the last time you had a discussion in his/her office?
        That I was spending too much time on RPI Hockey thread
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          What exactly did the boss say to you the last time you had a discussion in his/her office? Don't want to put it in the public domain? Good, neither would I, and neither do they.

The exact nature of how the ECAC deals with this sort of situation really is an internal issue, and I'm shocked that Mr. Hagwell even made a post-discussion comment. Given the lash-out was brought to the public domain by two reporters each of an independent source, I think it was necessary to note that the matter would be internally handled involving all ECAC employees involved.
          Wow you need to buy a size bigger underwear !!!!!
          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
            ecachockey.com confirms the fine.
            Note to Adam Wodon:Hmmmmmm it appears Jason Klump was on the right side of that story or at least Steve Hagwell thinks so !
            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              Tiger's been poked, cage has been rattled. Look out squeaky wheel, here comes the grease!
              Nothing to worry about Paul Stewart and Steve Hagwell deny if nothing else by their silence that there are any grudges or favortism where officiating is concerned lets see if they are men of their word.I expect "Excellent" officiating (Paul Stewarts words to Jason Klump not mine)the rest of the way.If there isn't I suspect hard hitting in depth reporters such as Adam Woden will smoke it out...Of course then he would have to fire himself...but hey no price to high to pay for the truth even if it hurts ! Just ask Jason Klump !

Comment

Let me get this straight. A reporter does his job, reports the truth, gets laid into by the guilty party, and he is the one that gets fired.
                Great work CHN.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

I think he should have been fired. In light of the events it is far from unreasonable for RPI to feel there is a bias against them and at the same time I can Imagine opposing coaches will be ultra concerned that the correction pendulum will swing too far the other way to over compensate. As I said a few pages back,Stewart & Hagwell created this mess 2 years ago when they prostrated themselves for Mike Schaefer after schaefer bashed the refs in the media and the next night they called the most lopsided game anyone can remember in Cornells favor. I Guess they taught all the league coaches a lesson that night that hasn`t been forgotten...
                  Last edited by jstadts; 02-15-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                    In light of the events it is far from unreasonable for RPI to feel there is a bias against them and at the same time I can Imagine opposing coaches will be ultra concerned that the correction pendulum will swing too far the other way to over compensate. As I said a few pages back,Stewart & Hagwell created this mess 2 years ago when they prostrated themselves for Mike Schaefer after schaefer bashed the refs in the media and the next night they called the most lopsided game anyone can remember in Cornells favor. I Guess they taught all the league coaches a lesson that night that hasn`t been forgotten...
                    Well said

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      Let me get this straight. A reporter does his job, reports the truth, gets laid into by the guilty party, and he is the one that gets fired.
                      Great work CHN.
                      Also well said.

Comment

Just a few quick numbers that I was wondering about, to see which team is the most penalized and least. MPG= penalty minutes per game ECAC only

League average for 2010-2011 13.61 mpg

1- Cornell- 22.88 mpg
                        2- Clarkson- 17.00 mpg
                        3- Brown- 15.29 mpg
                        4- RPI 13.60 mpg
                        5- Colgate- 13.22 mpg
                        6- Princeton- 12.94 mpg
                        7- Yale- 12.77 mpg
                        8- Dartmouth- 12.38 mpg
                        9- Harvard- 11.64 mpg
                        10- SLU- 11.55 mpg
                        11- Union- 11.44 mpg
                        12- QU-8.7 mpg

Not sure what is up with Cornell and QU they are way above and below the norm.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                          ...Thats all I want to see in life for people is to achieve that.
                          Good. Can we all sing Kumbaya now and talk hockey?
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                            Just a few quick numbers that I was wondering about, to see which team is the most penalized and least. MPG= penalty minutes per game ECAC only

League average for 2010-2011 13.61 mpg

1- Cornell- 22.88 mpg
                            2- Clarkson- 17.00 mpg
                            3- Brown- 15.29 mpg
                            4- RPI 13.60 mpg
                            5- Colgate- 13.22 mpg
                            6- Princeton- 12.94 mpg
                            7- Yale- 12.77 mpg
                            8- Dartmouth- 12.38 mpg
                            9- Harvard- 11.64 mpg
                            10- SLU- 11.55 mpg
                            11- Union- 11.44 mpg
                            12- QU-8.7 mpg

Not sure what is up with Cornell and QU they are way above and below the norm.
                            We touched on this a couple days ago but I never went any further with it - I decided to look at the numbers for Cornell if you drop out the majors, misconducts, and DQs. Their average mpg drops from ~21 (I came up with a little different number than you) to a much more meager 12.33mpg. The Big Red have taken 155 minutes of majors, misconducts, and DQs, 145 of which have come in their past seven games.
                            APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Good. Can we all sing Kumbaya now and talk hockey?
                              I posed a question about hockey last night that Doc answered for me. Ive got nothing tonight, quiet day on the York and Bergin injury front I assume.
                              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                                (I came up with a little different number than you)
                                I just took the number of pm and divided by games played according to the ECAC stats page. Did you throw out everyones majors?
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X