No announcement yet.

Brown & Yale @ RPI & Union (1/28, 1/29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown & Yale @ RPI & Union (1/28, 1/29)

With Yale losing tonight, we are going to have to be exceptional at the Freakout. They are a very good team and they are not going to want to lose both games this weekend.
    If we give them 36 shots tomorrow, we are not going to win. Have to tighten up our entire game better defense and much better offense.

LETS GO RED!!!!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Brown looked like the better team to me for much of the night tonight. You're not going to win most games managing 9 shots over two periods, but York stood on his head for RPI and we made the most of a couple early opportunities.

I thought some of the after-whistle festivities were over the top but both teams were guilty of it. Fans got riled up in the second when Clemente knocked the net off three plays in a row but to be fair the mooring was barely holding it in place.

Overall I'd say Brown is a better team than their record indicates (or many people give them credit for). The only place this game was 3-0 was on the scoreboard as it didn't look like that kind of game in person. Shots on goal were telling - 36-20 in Brown's favor, and that's more indicative of the play for most of the night.

RPI will need a better effort for Freakout as the shell they rolled up into in the latter half of the game will get picked apart by a PO'ed Yale squad tomorrow.
      APBWiki

Comment

I seem to be in the minority but I didn't think RPI looked outplayed tonight. Brown had more shots but many of them were wristers from the head man coming into the zone which York had fully under control. RPI dumped the puck in more, it seemed, than they took weak shots. There was a short interval at the start of the third where we looked like we were lazy clearing the puck but Brown couldn't seem to organize any kind of offense. Of course Yale will be a much bigger challenge but I was surprised to read so much about how poorly others thought we played. I must be missing something.

Apart from the screeching woman? child? dying cat? in section 15 tonight was a fun time to be at the field house. Can't wait for the packed house tomorrow night.

Comment

I expect Yale* to get swept this weekend and return to hockey mediocrity. Cheaters never win. Brown played a good game and could have/should have won. Bears are a young team with a ton of quality kids coming in so good times are ahead for the program.
          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
            I expect Yale* to get swept this weekend and return to hockey mediocrity. Cheaters never win. Brown played a good game and could have/should have won. Bears are a young team with a ton of quality kids coming in so good times are ahead for the program.
            If you are talking about Brown's game yesterday, they outplayed RPI offensively, but defensively or on the powerplay. If you are talking about last weekend, I can't comment, and it's old news.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by mathkicks View Post
              I seem to be in the minority but I didn't think RPI looked outplayed tonight. Brown had more shots but many of them were wristers from the head man coming into the zone which York had fully under control. RPI dumped the puck in more, it seemed, than they took weak shots. There was a short interval at the start of the third where we looked like we were lazy clearing the puck but Brown couldn't seem to organize any kind of offense. Of course Yale will be a much bigger challenge but I was surprised to read so much about how poorly others thought we played. I must be missing something.

Apart from the screeching woman? child? dying cat? in section 15 tonight was a fun time to be at the field house. Can't wait for the packed house tomorrow night.
              First time seeing the Engineers in Troy in a long time for me and I have to say that I agree with this post. York's quotes in the Record sum it up. Brown had the territorial advantage in the last 2 periods but most shots were perimeter and York only had to make a couple of tough saves. Seemed like we were conserving our energy. I was impressed the most with the poise of two players out there: York and Bergin. They just didn't seem like they were ever pushed and were full of confidence. Bergin was very smooth out there.

Had the pleasure of sitting in Section 17 behind the First Church along with my 3 kids and wife. All the way home I had the pleasure of hearing my kids chant "If it's Brown, flush it down". I was chuckling the entire way but I've got to hope they don't take it to school with them on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                If you are talking about Brown's game yesterday, they outplayed RPI offensively, but defensively or on the powerplay. If you are talking about last weekend, I can't comment, and it's old news.
                Yes, I'm talking about yesterday. Not saying they should have won, but they played well enough that they could have. I'll take it as another building block.

Comment

Yes, I'm talking about yesterday. Not saying they should have won, but they played well enough that they could have. I'll take it as another building block.
                  *****http://conservativeamerican.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/obama-pattern1.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    *****http://conservativeamerican.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/obama-pattern1.jpg******
                    Moron, what are you talking about? For years, Ive seen Brown go on the road to play ranked teams and get smoked. They played very well and could have won with a couple of bounces. I know non-Ivy ECACers aren't very smart, but even you can understand my point.

Comment

• Re: Brown & Yale @ RPI & Union (1/28, 1/29)

Well, I'll start the hockey talk again...

For those who didn't feel like a sardine in Schenectady last night, what a great game! I thought Union executed a great game plan - play physical, keep the game along the boards, and don't get into a track meet. Keith Kinkaid was outstanding, stoning several Yale chances, especially the almost-point blank save on Little with about 6 minutes left. The 3rd period was one of the more tension-filled ones I can remember, even more so than Game 3 vs Quinnipiac last year...you knew Yale wasn't going away.

Some tired players will keep it going tonight. Should be another good one over in Troy.
                      Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                        Well, I'll start the hockey talk again...

For those who didn't feel like a sardine in Schenectady last night, what a great game! I thought Union executed a great game plan - play physical, keep the game along the boards, and don't get into a track meet. Keith Kinkaid was outstanding, stoning several Yale chances, especially the almost-point blank save on Little with about 6 minutes left. The 3rd period was one of the more tension-filled ones I can remember, even more so than Game 3 vs Quinnipiac last year...you knew Yale wasn't going away.

Some tired players will keep it going tonight. Should be another good one over in Troy.
                        You basically described the game plan that works for Union-they are a very tough team to play when they play their game. They did exactly what they had to-they shut down the run and gun offense of yale and did it without taking way too many penalties. The CD teams this year make for a horrible road trip for teams and getting out of here with even 2 points must feel like a victory to opponents.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I just listened to the post game interview. I didn't realize that York has yet to play in the Freakout game. That could be big for us. He is going to want to play his best in front of the big crowd.
                          And his best is good enough to beat anyone in the country.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

These should be 2 great games tonight. I wish I could see them both, but I'll be DVR'ing the RPI game while at U. I think RPI has a great chance tonight with the Freakout and the hotstreak they're on. Polacek is ablaze, 4 straight GWG's or some such, right? Also interesting is that both of these teams seem to own the third period so something's got to give.

The blueline situation for Union is a big concern with Forgaard essentially being benched last night after one shift, and Ingoldsby still injured and the two other available D men having played a combined 1 game this year IIRC. I think there will be lineup changes for Union with Cain, Ikkala and or Boileau to provide some extra size and fresh legs v. Bruno. I doubt if the coaches or team leaders will allow an emotional letdown to occur.

Let's make sure the welcome mat remains missing in the CD.

Comment

agreed . a lot of the Brown sogs were dump ins at least 10 rolling pucks that York stopped and held to stop play. I did not think the game was in jeopardy .

Comment

One extra ticket for Yale/RPI tonight

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...53#post5010353
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X