This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey

Right about now Crawford is probably reminding the listeners that the show is being streamed live on the internet and will have a podcast posted tomorrow morning.
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

What a joke! I wonder what 3dognight is thinking right now?
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
        What a joke! I wonder what 3dognight is thinking right now?
        Momma told me not to come?

Comment

He is too busy covering up. Does any of this surprise you people? This is what your program has sunk to since these two helped lead the coup against Frank Anzalone.

The Truth Is Out There....

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
            He is too busy covering up. Does any of this surprise you people? This is what your program has sunk to since these two helped lead the coup against Frank Anzalone.

Stop. Anzalone was no good for the program his second time back. He tried to re-live past glories, and failed.

Quack, quack.

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
              Right about now Crawford is probably reminding the listeners that the show is being streamed live on the internet and will have a podcast posted tomorrow morning.
              I hope they get their technical difficulties fixed and the rebroadcast up because I want to hear what Coach Roque had to say on the subject of the police report he filed against that linesman and what happened to Dan Barchuk.

If anyone in town that listened on Radio Soo can you report on what was discussed and when Crawfrod asked those questions? I know us out of town fans want to hear Coach tell his side of the story and hear him make his critics eat their words.
              Last edited by Truth Serum; 01-31-2011, 06:03 PM.

Comment

He told the people at the lunchen after the break that he was no longer on the team. I would like to know more about it myself.
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

He told the people at the lunchen after the break that he was no longer on the team. I would like to know more about it myself.
                  I am sure there is a reason and it has been asked before, I just haven't heard the reason. Probably didn't want to play ball with Coach Roque's system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
                    I am sure there is a reason and it has been asked before, I just haven't heard the reason. Probably didn't want to play ball with Coach Roque's system.
                    My wife feels the same way about it.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Barczuk is a good skater and a high energy guy. His downfall was that he had a penchant for taking too many penalties, especially in the offensive zone. There are good penalties and there are bad penalties, and Barczuk just took too many bad penalties. He liked to take runs at opposing players, particularly in the offensive zone. The final straw was the major he took in the 3rd period of the Saturday game at WMU in December. After Lain was going to be called for a fairly weak hooking penalty in the corner to the left of the Western goalie, Barczuk ran the same Western guy that Lain supposedly hooked into the boards. I was at the game and I have to call a spade a spade. It was a boneheaded play and a legitimate major penalty. It's too bad because I think Barczuk could have been a really good player for the Lakers if he played with more discipline. But the bottom line is that he was hurting the team more than helping them. There may be more to the story than just that, but I think that is certainly a big part of the reason for his no longer being on the team.
                      Last edited by Bill; 01-31-2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DB Cooper View Post
                        Say it with me Truth ... punctuation.

I'm with sm2pk. I think the Lakers are good for two more wins prior to the playoffs.
                        DB Cooper,after watching the Lakers Saturday night,I have to cut that down to one more win before the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
                          Do they not care about the out of town listeners? What is being said I want to hear the Coach respond.
                          I am sure that everything is positive about the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by backbencher View Post
                            Unless anybody heard of Roque filing a complaint against the Soo Evening News, we can take it they quoted him properly (and consider that "the truth is there" :-P ).

Beside all what has already been said (alleged unfair calls / unacceptable attitude / prejudice to the school), what do you think Roque's own words say about his self-control (loosing temper and calling the police), his judgment (he feared for his life), his good faith (maintaining his position several days later) for not to mention his ability to admit mistakes and apologize, at least to protect the university (facing up to his responsibilities).

Somebody asked why everything is kept so secret. Could it be there is nothing meaningful to say ?
                            Btw was Dan Barczuk booted because he was bull-headed ?

If he is asked at the radio show (probably already arranged), he will explain the unexplainable in the same smooth way.

It would be good for the debate that those who give some credit to Roque's attitude bring some reassuring words. It looks scary.
                            According to the article, Roque said linesman Mike Poliski threatened him when they were on the ice.

I had to call the police and file a complaint against him, All I wanted to do is ask how they were giving me seven minutes of penalties in the last ten minutes they (officials) wouldn't talk to me. They wouldn't even come over for the shootout. I think that's uncalled for. I got fined $1,000 five years ago for saying something bad about the refs in the paper. The guy can threaten my life and nothing happens to him? I just think that's wrong."

So were any of these questions asked tonight of the head of this administration or was everything kept secret and nothing meaningful was said? Here are the questions that need to be answered if not asked if they haven't already by his good buddy and fellow coup d' etat leader Bill Crawford.

1. Was an actual police report filed by Jim Roque on the linesman?

2. If there was no police report filed by Roque, even though he was quoted as saying he did, was he lying?

3. After 5 1/2 years of lower division finishes, falling attendance and players kicked off the team without explanation, where are the signs of improvement?

4. After embarrassing your little school with your coaches conduct, getting suspended and then reprimanded, what does that say about this man's character and wanting to blame everyone else?

5. Are there no other options at head coach and why is this man so protected, when year after year the same things keep happening and why do you people make excuses for this man?

Maybe these questions were asked by the information minister on the Jim Roque Show and maybe the rebroadcast will let us know, but either way you would never see these kinds of actions from the previous head coach and always remember.....

Last edited by Truth Squad; 01-31-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

He is not a cop in the soo.
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                                Then why is there a shootout if the majority of the coaches voted against it?
                                Because it's not the coaches that vote, it's the AD's.

Comment

Working...
                                X