Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTU Jersey Talk

Originally posted by Wyattus Magnus View Post
    Piano Dog was rolled out in the early 1990s (around 93 or 94) and replaced the historic Huskies script.
    Yes, that is correct. Piano Dog first appeared on the home jerseys only for the 1993-94 season. (The road jerseys retained the "Huskies" script.) However for some reason, these home jerseys with a multi-color neck were only used for one season. I have never seen one of these jerseys since the left the ice after the final game. In 1994-95 they were replaced with another set of home Piano Dog jerseys along with the debut of the road Piano Dog jerseys. Both of these sets were again replaced with new jerseys for the 1995-96 season. I guess money grew on trees back then because after that the team got into the habit of only replacing one set each year.

A few years ago I spoke to Jamie about shaking up the jerseys a bit or at the very least adding a new alternate (I even sent them a proposed "vintage" alternate with the MCM logo on the shoulders), but at the time Jamie stated that they had put in a quite a bit of work to get all of the designs switched over to OT Sports and they would be keeping them as is for a while. Really all that has changed recently was the addition of "MICHIGAN TECH" inside the tail of the "Huskies" script so he has stood by his word. I'm sure on a list of 1000 things to make the team better, a new jerseys design is somewhere around 984 where #1 is the most important. Trust me, I don't think anyone would be more interested in seeing some new designs than me.
    :-)

Ryan J

1993-94 The original Piano Dog (Huskies Hankie not shown)
    *****http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hockey/mtu/mtu00_94h_f.jpg******
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Re: MTU Jersey Talk

pathetic

Jamie's postgame thoughts:
      One area we talked about, win battles in front of our net, we were not very good at
      We had some good chances in 1st period, Dell had some good saves
      We didn't take care of the area in front of our net, they capitalized
      Both teams went hard to the net, they just won the battles, that was the difference
      Frattin was amazing tonight, fast, strong, great shot
      Gregoire amazing as well
      They got a few good bounces, but our coverage could've been better in front of the net
      We had a few good PP chances, a couple good savesby Dell
      We had some guys that were banged up that couldn't shoot the puck
      We are going to talk about taking care in front of the net now, tonight, tomorrow, and then again right before the game

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

the Seawolves are where Tech ought to be.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: We Cannot Have Nice Things: Michigan Tech 2010-2011 Season Thread: Part Tre

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
          the Seawolves are where Tech ought to be.
          The Holiday Inn at seven corners?

Great night of hockey for me. Watched the greatest hockey tournament in the world, and going back fir the finals tomorrow night.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Well looking at these games so far, it's hard to expect the team to do very well. I think they just have to get as much out of it as they can from a learning perspective.

Hard to listen to let alone watch.I really feel that next year we could be winning a lot more games, but yeah, I'm an optimist. Fade, you do a superb job keeping your cool.

I am still hoping our favorite recruit chooses Tech.I think it's every bit as good a place for his hockey as michigan and in some ways better. Good luck to calumet this weekend.
            Those games are 3 miles from my house and there is a traffic jam every day getting in and out.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              Clay Wilson puts the biscut in the basket for the Panthers tonight for his first lamp lighter of the season in the NHL (on a really weak shot mind you, but we need good news so we'll take it.
              Clay Wilson continues to promote Michigan Tech for Ian. Another goal in his last game and is now riding a two-game goal scoring streak. Or if you want more impressive sounding stats, Clay has scored goals in 40% of his games in the NHL this season. He also currently ranks 11th in the NHL in shooting percentage at 25%!

Go Tech!
              Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                pathetic

Jamie's postgame thoughts:
                One area we talked about, win battles in front of our net, we were not very good at
                We had some good chances in 1st period, Dell had some good saves
                We didn't take care of the area in front of our net, they capitalized
                Both teams went hard to the net, they just won the battles, that was the difference
                Frattin was amazing tonight, fast, strong, great shot
                Gregoire amazing as well
                They got a few good bounces, but our coverage could've been better in front of the net
                We had a few good PP chances, a couple good savesby Dell
                We had some guys that were banged up that couldn't shoot the puck
                We are going to talk about taking care in front of the net now, tonight, tomorrow, and then again right before the game
                I watched the game on TV and they were beat in every aspect of the game not just
                coverage in front of the net.
                A local Tech Alumnus walked right up to Suzanne at the Girls BB game last night and asked her "What are you going to do about Coach Russell". Her response was he is one of the lowest paid coaches in the League and we can't afford to do anything different right now. If that is true ( which I don't believe ) they should shut down the program immediately. I feel a better guess is Coach Russell & Asst Mikesch will be offered a buy out for next year. The National Search starts next week for a New Coaching Staff !
                This is just a hunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Houghton77 View Post
                  I watched the game on TV and they were beat in every aspect of the game not just
                  coverage in front of the net.
                  A local Tech Alumnus walked right up to Suzanne at the Girls BB game last night and asked her "What are you going to do about Coach Russell". Her response was he is one of the lowest paid coaches in the League and we can't afford to do anything different right now. If that is true ( which I don't believe ) they should shut down the program immediately. I feel a better guess is Coach Russell & Asst Mikesch will be offered a buy out for next year. The National Search starts next week for a New Coaching Staff !
                  This is just a hunch.
                  what don't you believe? that he is one of the lowest paid? that they can't afford to do something different? or that she responded to the question?
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                    what don't you believe? that he is one of the lowest paid? that they can't afford to do something different? or that she responded to the question?
                    I'm guessing the middle response.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Suzanne's a pretty honest person. If they don't have the money, they don't have the money. At this point, we just have to hope that some benefactor steps up and offers to donate enough to buy the staff out. It's a longshot, but I think that's the only way it's happening this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Houghton77 View Post
                        A local Tech Alumnus walked right up to Suzanne at the Girls BB game last night and asked her "What are you going to do about Coach Russell". Her response was he is one of the lowest paid coaches in the League and we can't afford to do anything different right now. If that is true ( which I don't believe ) they should shut down the program immediately.
                        Wow.

If that is true, then one of two things is must be true as well. Either she's been told that she won't be part of the solution going forward and gave the alum a 'blow-off' answer or she is numb to the losing and isn't engaging. The answer I want to hear is "We can't afford NOT to do anything different right now."

Boys, she's in over her head on the problems with hockey. No question about it. Despite all the wishful thinking and optimism about next year's team, problems left ignored today will be with us next year too. With all the intelligent people running around Houghton, you'd think they would figure that out.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Commissioner View Post
                          Wow.

If that is true, then one of two things is must be true as well. Either she's been told that she won't be part of the solution going forward and gave the alum a 'blow-off' answer or she is numb to the losing and isn't engaging. The answer I want to hear is "We can't afford NOT to do anything different right now."

Boys, she's in over her head on the problems with hockey. No question about it. Despite all the wishful thinking and optimism about next year's team, problems left ignored today will be with us next year too. With all the intelligent people running around Houghton, you'd think they would figure that out.
                          What is so difficult to understand here? We are not U of M(i or n), we are not UW, we are not DU. We're a public D2 school, with a D2 budget, playing up in one sport. If the money isn't there, then the money isn't there unless someone donates it.

Comment

I fail to see the problem with not having the money. Just do it anyways and spend money you don't have. Put it on a credit card or something. That's the American way!
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              I fail to see the problem with not having the money. Just do it anyways and spend money you don't have. Put it on a credit card or something. That's the American way!
                              Thanks for the input, Barack.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                What about Iraq?
                                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Working...
                                X