Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will UNO get Hak'd or UND get Blaised? Sioux v Mavs Jan 19-20 @ tRalph.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCalSiouxFan
    replied
    Re: Will UNO get Hak'd or UND get Blaised? Sioux v Mavs Jan 19-20 @ tRalph.

A few comments from Dean Blais on the series:

http://www.unogateway.com/behind-enemy-lines-1.1903035

"When I was with the World Junior Team it was a good reception," Blais said. "But right now I'm the enemy and that's the way most of their fans will look at it. They won't forget what I accomplished there in those years, but it's different now."
    "I felt after 10 years at North Dakota as head coach, nine as assistant coach – 19 years at one school was enough. "I wanted to try the NHL. After three years of being there I thought, ‘eh, not for me.' I wanted to coach this age group."
    "They'll see when they get there," Blais said about his team's first trip to North Dakota. "They'll see that it's the finest facility in the world, nothing is even close. Not even in the NHL can they duplicate what that Engelstad Arena is."
    "We'll respect North Dakota, but we'll try to beat North Dakota," Blais said. "We know what they are but our guys aren't gonna be intimidated."

Leave a comment:

• SoCalSiouxFan
    replied

UND and UNO planning a holiday game in Winnipeg next season.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/190674

UND and Omaha are in the process of finalizing a game that will be played in downtown Winnipeg at the 15,015-seat MTS Centre.

No contract has been signed yet, but the game is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 7, 2012. It will be a single, nonconference game, similar to the one UND played against Minnesota-Duluth on Dec. 30 to open AmsOil Arena.

Leave a comment:

• sfo19
    replied

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Apologize for where I'm posting this but can't seem to find the UNO season thread:

If someone's coming down to Omaha to watch a series, where would you recommend for a hotel? Don't wanna pay a ton but am willing to pay a little more so we're close enough to the rink to walk or if there's a shuttle bus to the rink so we can pregame.
    We stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown. Nice hotel, terrible service at the bar in the hotel. There was a shuttle to the game, but I'm not sure if that was a one weekend thing because UND had their alumni party at the hotel. There's quite a few hotels downtown. I don't think I saw too many within CLOSE walking distance, especially this time of year.

Oh, our hotel was reasonably priced, but it was split between 4 people. So depending on how many are in your party... My group paid about 30 per person.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

Apologize for where I'm posting this but can't seem to find the UNO season thread:

If someone's coming down to Omaha to watch a series, where would you recommend for a hotel? Don't wanna pay a ton but am willing to pay a little more so we're close enough to the rink to walk or if there's a shuttle bus to the rink so we can pregame.

Leave a comment:

• ecbrevik
    replied

I guess this rivalry needs some work.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

UND plays 120 minutes instead of 1:59:59 and easily sweeps. The End.

Leave a comment:

• MAVFANJEFF
    replied

Like I said in another post I'm not looking forward to this series. Unless we get our injured players back Then if will be a free for all.

Leave a comment:

• darker98
    replied

I blame it on Goofer hangover.

Leave a comment:

• Will UNO get Hak'd or UND get Blaised? Sioux v Mavs Jan 19-20 @ tRalph.

No thread yet and it's Wednesday? Big boo.

UND will attempt to avenge the split they were served in Omaha with two solid nights of play and hopefully a stick salute.
Working...
X