Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will UNO get Hak'd or UND get Blaised? Sioux v Mavs Jan 19-20 @ tRalph.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will UNO get Hak'd or UND get Blaised? Sioux v Mavs Jan 19-20 @ tRalph.

UNO wins 8-4. Good work Mavs

Comment

Originally posted by MavRick View Post
      UNO's doomed this weekend. Since last we met in November, UND has gotten scary good, and UNO has, you know, not. I don't need to tell this crowd that Blais can still make something out of these boys, and to a large extent he already has, but it won't be this weekend.
      I'll bet you're surprised
      UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

I am surprised, pleasantly of course.

That said, I think UND charging back in the 3rd says a great deal about them. Lesser teams wouldn't have had me pacing by the radio in a six-goal game.

I expect UND's breezers will be en fuego tomorrow.

Comment

Wow. Just wow. I'm with you MavRick. I was nervous as hell, even when it was still 7-2. Maybe this sends UNO on a tear. Great home slate in February. Its definately Go Time! GO MAVS!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            Apologize for where I'm posting this but can't seem to find the UNO season thread:

If someone's coming down to Omaha to watch a series, where would you recommend for a hotel? Don't wanna pay a ton but am willing to pay a little more so we're close enough to the rink to walk or if there's a shuttle bus to the rink so we can pregame.
            Heya, the Hilton Omaha is connected to the Qwest Center by a skywalk but I couldnt tell ya the rates. Also nearby are a Holiday Inn, Fairfield Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, Hilton Garden Inn, Doubletree & Homewood Suites.

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
              Also apoligize for posting on this thread but don't see a UNO thread. How high up is the Mezzanine level? Would if be similar to the Club level at the Xcel Center? Looking to make the trip and options for first level were about row 6 in the corners or Mezz Level Row A or B at center ice. Usually I prefer to be a little bit higher up for a better view. I assume the home team shots toward the student section twice?

Thanks
              The mezzanine sits just below the suite level. Youll be able to see just fine from there and yes the student section is located at the UNO attack twice end.

Comment

Two straight absolutely awful 2nd periods. Blah.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  Two straight absolutely awful 2nd periods. Blah.
                  You mean Blaise bro?
                  DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                  sigpic
                  WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                    You mean Blaise bro?
                    Everyone is your "bro" when you're drunk huh?

Comment

Forgive me for bring it up here again, if there is a UNO season thread and I'm missing it, feel free to point me in the right direction, but for the St. Cloud series, how readily are the tickets gonna be available? If we can wait until the day of and drive down and still get decent tickets for a group of 6 to 8 we'd like to buy them in person and avoid the TicketBastard fees. But if its gonna potentially cause us to have crappier seats, we'll all pay the extra cash.
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                        You forgot PuckSwami. Scooby and PuckSwami are allowed to worry about their teams' fortunes.
                        Having watched this league for 30 years, the one thing I know for sure is that this time of year almost every year, the WCHA race tends to tighten like a sphincter. The margin for error is razor thin, and your best players must play that way. The 'sandbagging' is a by-product of watching your own team choke. And every WCHA team has as many choke stories as they do greatness stories.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          Forgive me for bring it up here again, if there is a UNO season thread and I'm missing it, feel free to point me in the right direction, but for the St. Cloud series, how readily are the tickets gonna be available? If we can wait until the day of and drive down and still get decent tickets for a group of 6 to 8 we'd like to buy them in person and avoid the TicketBastard fees. But if its gonna potentially cause us to have crappier seats, we'll all pay the extra cash.
                          In the past, I would say yes you would have no trouble getting seats in the lower bowl the day of the game but times seem to be a changing down here finally. Last saturday night I couldnt buy 3 together in the lower bowl. I'm 90% sure you wouldnt find 6-8 together the day of. The earlier you made it down here on gameday, the better odds you have of maybe finding what you need. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                            Having watched this league for 30 years, the one thing I know for sure is that this time of year almost every year, the WCHA race tends to tighten like a sphincter. The margin for error is razor thin, and your best players must play that way. The 'sandbagging' is a by-product of watching your own team choke. And every WCHA team has as many choke stories as they do greatness stories.
                            I concur. The Swami has spoken. Dean Blais knows how to motivate men. The difference between him and Hakstol is that Blais has always made great "in game" adjustments....
                            'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Every team has total meltdown nights over the course of a season. And it takes nearly every bad bounce to make that happen. Take Martin's last goal for example. On a real night, Genoway gloves the puck, drops it on his stick and no play occurs, and UND is still in position to make an epic comeback. (Even a six-goal lead isn't safe at the Ralph). On Cloud Cuckoo Night, it tips off of his glove and lands on Martin's stick five feet behind everybody else. Score, end of rally, end of game.

I'm not pooh-poohing UNO's win - they played hard and needed it. But both sides would be wise to treat the score as an anomaly. And UNO had best understand that championship teams, in which category I certainly place UND, have the confidence and the record to put such anomalies in perspective.

And SCSU - you'll have no problem getting tickets. The season thread for UNO takes place at mavpuck.com.

Comment

First off, great game by the Mavs. We could not stop you on your powerplay. It's not very often that a team comes into REA and slaps the Sioux around.

For UND, Dell did not play very well (nor did Eidsness when he came in) and our blueliners didn't have a good game in front of him. Our forwards didn't really start generating chances until it was a 7-1 game in the third. It was probably the worst game I've seen us play this season, and it was very disappointing. Saying that, I like how we responded in the third, and while it was never really close enough to make it a game, if a bounce or two goes our way that could have been 7-5 or 7-6 with a few minutes left. Hopefully we come out tonight with the same intensity that we started the third and turn the tables tonight.

Before last weekend I was really hoping to win 4 of 6 against UMN, UNO and CC. In order to hit that number we have to win three in a row. We are capable of doing that, but we have to play like we want it, and for the first two periods last night it was like we didn't care.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X