Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Anchorage Vs Denver Jan 21-22

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Yup, I did. Today. Hardly a headline however. I hear something is in the works for a future article on UAA.
    they will start writing it late saturday night.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
      UAA should pack a few brooms!
      Luckily UAA has a few brooms left over from sweeping CC's weak azz team last weekend.
      Last edited by dggoddard; 01-20-2011, 12:28 AM.

Comment

They don't get many headlines here at the USCHO.....
        Boy, ain't that the truth!!!

Comment

Theresa Spisak did give UAA kudos on this write up:

http://www.uscho.com/wcha-blog/2011/...-of-jan-14-15/
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
            Luckily UAA has a few brooms left over from sweeping CC's weak azz team last weekend.
            Eat a puck hommie…
            Originally posted by vizoroo
            Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
            Originally posted by duper
            I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
            Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
            Originally posted by dggoddard
            Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

IT IS GAME DAY

GO DU!!!!!

*****http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/TKb32MZE3JI/AAAAAAAAJa8/oOQr58maYiA/s1600/ImageyoxIi9p42FITKnVcJMrduQ%3D%3D%5B1%5D.jpg******
              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Traditionally a tough series and don't expect anything less than that this weekend.

DU's team has shown strong character and resilience. Now we need to come out strong in the 1st period and keep it up! Pios play 60 minutes with the same intensity they've shown in the 3rd.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  Traditionally a tough series and don't expect anything less than that this weekend.

DU's team has shown strong character and resilience. Now we need to come out strong in the 1st period and keep it up! Pios play 60 minutes with the same intensity they've shown in the 3rd.
                  Ummm, what Viz said, except insert UAA for DU.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Go seawolves!!!
                    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Pioneers Sweep!
                      DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                      sigpic
                      WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami
                        The Pioneers have been playing with fire lately, with bad starts and mediocre goaltending being bailed out by superb third period drive and production to win games late. I don't think that pattern can continue for DU to be successful.

All that said, UAA is playing great hockey right now, and I think the DU's 6 game undefeated streak is likely coming to an end this weekend. I think a split is likely.
                        Curious if the recent pattern of Denver pitch-poling against UAA will continue. Always a pleasure to see Cap’n Swami having to reassuring the lubbers of the ultimate stability and condition of the pumps on the scow with the manically grinning Booney under the bowsprit.

The last of the 3rd period and OT of the 2nd 2009 game in Denver and the 7-3 swamping in Anchorage last year float to the surface of my memory. I thought that UAA played a rather poor 3rd period on Friday this December in DU’s comeback in Anchorage, as their passing and puck handling markedly deteriorated. The Pio’s can make others pay. Much of the rest of the series seemed rather even, up to the end of Saturday’s game when the ice started listing towards Denver’s blue line a bit, and continued sinking through the OT that was played in DU’s end, where a net coming off as the wolves found twine salvaged a point for the coonskin capped crew.

CC started last week with a very aggressive PK against the ’Wolves, and got burned 4 straight times. They backed-off a bit and were more successful. Almost all teams have tried to double man and chase the puck against Anchorage with good success for years. This last December, Denver was the exception and UAA converted on 2 of 6 in a series where neither team spent much time in the brig. Special teams and net minding have been UAA’s ship worms for a good stretch of years (special teams since shortly after Noah was a sailor).

Like all teams the deal is to play 60 or 65 solid minutes, and UAA is upping their percentage this season, although they are still subject to lapses. They’re usually not going to score by the boatload when their opposition plays a period or game like they've just had a double grog issue, but need to continue to repel boarders, keep the shot totals even and few, and hope Gunderson maintains his watch on the net.
                        Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain. - Lily Tomlin

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                          Pioneers Sweep!
                          If they lose tonight better wear your Green and Gold saturday night.
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Go Seawolves!!!

Comment

Ummm, what Viz said, except insert UAA for DU.
                              Have you noticed that if you start posting on these threads regularly, you begin channeling with the other regulars?
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                                Have you noticed that if you start posting on these threads regularly, you begin channeling with the other regulars?
                                Fast, cheap, good. Pick 2.
                                Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain. - Lily Tomlin

Comment

Working...
                                X