Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nashville 2015 (Frozen 4)?

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
    One place I could see as a potential sleeper would be Omaha, but I am not sure what there is to do in the area as far as attractions and availability of hotels.
    The slaughterhouses?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think you have to pencil in Boston for 2015 given that they were a surprise that they didn't get selected for 2012, and Pitt and Philly got 2013 and 2014, respectively. St Paul had it in 2002 and 2011, a 9 year difference. Boston last hosted in 2004, so 2015 would be 11 years and would seem logical. I live in the Boston area and attend the FF every year, and really enjoy when I get to go to cities that aren't normally hockey hotbeds. I really enjoyed St. Louis as there was actually a lot of things to see in the area and the arena was beautiful. One place I could see as a potential sleeper would be Omaha, but I am not sure what there is to do in the area as far as attractions and availability of hotels.
      I think that the TD Garden needs to show that they want the FF before they get another one. Some NHL sized rinks are willing to comply with NCAA requirements, but the TD Garden shows no signs that they're one of them.

Like you I live in the Boston area and have enjoyed the non-traditional venues, and going to places that I wouldn't have picked for a vacation, but have found plenty of interesting stuff to do once we're there. I would look forward to Nashville.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
        Why dont they just put the FF at Tropicana Field in Tampa. The Lightning played some games there early in their franchise history.
        that is in st pete, which is a chitbag. stay in tampa at the hockey rink.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
          I think that the TD Garden needs to show that they want the FF before they get another one. Some NHL sized rinks are willing to comply with NCAA requirements, but the TD Garden shows no signs that they're one of them.
          Can you explain this a bit please? The Garden hosts the Beanpot and Hockey East Championship yearly and has hosted the FF in the past twice (as the FleetCenter). The venue also hosted an NCAA basketball regional a few years back.
          Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Can you explain this a bit please? The Garden hosts the Beanpot and Hockey East Championship yearly and has hosted the FF in the past twice (as the FleetCenter). The venue also hosted an NCAA basketball regional a few years back.
            There are differences in the NCAA requirements regarding such things as signage on the boards, rink and in the arena and those for Hockey East and the BeanPot.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              How did you get he was saying Nashville was in Florida?

Also, didn't UAH play a game at Bridgestone this year?
              Technically, UAH played two periods of ice hockey. Merrimack, however, played six and ended up winning two games.

And then I got to sit in a suite for Predators/Blackhawks, which was pretty sweet.
              Last edited by MikeAnderson; 08-23-2011, 10:36 AM. Reason: Had the team wrong
              UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
              2006 Time Person of the Year
              Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
              It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                And yes, I do believe UAH played a game at Bridgestone this past season. I am hoping they do so again because I would love to go watch them play.
                Sorry for the double-post, but the UAH-UNO series on Dec. 2-3 is set for Bridgestone.
                UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                2006 Time Person of the Year
                Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

I can tell you where to find good Barbecue in Nashville!

Comment

In addition to what davyd83 said, there's a biggie -- no beer sales. Remember that TD Garden is owned by a concessionaire. Complying in basketball is a bit easier, since it's not so difficult to deal with the signage on the boards, and they don't have to re-do the ice to remove the signage on the ice surface. That adds another day on either end of the tournament that the venue is unusable.

Comment

Actually UAH played Merrimack this past season in Nashville, wtih UNO coming in this year. The feedback from the Merrimack folks I talked to was that they all enjoyed playing there. It was marketed as the first college hockey showcase in Tennesee and it looks like they want to make it an annual thing, which can only help. Nashville has penty to offer as far as food & entertainment and was a great weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                        Sorry for the double-post, but the UAH-UNO series on Dec. 2-3 is set for Bridgestone.
                        Sweet! Thank you. More than likely I'll be there.

Comment

Has anyone heard any recent news regarding future Frozen Four sites beyond 2014? Either rumors regarding specific potential sites or a timeframe when the NCAA may be announcing future sites.

Comment

Working...
                          X