Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

    Every school is a party school if you make it one.

    Boom Boom Room is good if you like rap. If you are more of a techno dance fan, move to the Pub in the Carpet. Waitress dancing on the bar, loud, repeating music, people almost having intercourse on the dance floor. Great club scene!

    Those house parties were amazing. Pink Taco, Green Acres...they threw some awesome parties...
    Basil McRae: "This is Gordon Bombay. This guy used to RULE in pee-wees."
    Mike Modano: "Oh yeah, I heard you were a farmer."

    I am cipher, cipher....wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce...

    Comment


    • #77
      Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

      Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      First time you said something smart.
      And it'll be a long time before he does it again...

      Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      Plan is to make it up Saturday, anybody else gonna be there?
      Yes. Looking forward to being mean to you in person. And taunting you for your fantasy team. "Gopens" is kicking the **** out of the rest of us though...

      I am terrified of the idea of shortbus as a lawyer.

      Skeets, am I going to see you too??
      Don't you wish your blogger was hot like me?

      "I'd rather be in a porn with DHG than DG." --Dirty

      "I'm not a sex offender, I'm a sex... defender." --Biddco

      Comment


      • #78
        Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

        I see how you guys have your party reputation!

        If you guys don't have that then you are just another Mankato with suitcase students going home every weekend.

        BTW how much are tickets? I'm disappointed I won't see many students at the games, should make for a quieter experience.
        tUMD Hockey

        "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

        Comment


        • #79
          Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

          Originally posted by BigPieps View Post
          Mike Lee's stats are very impressive...but how did he look? I've not seen him.
          I saw him Saturday. He looked very good... technical. He didn't come out of net very far, instead using his size to fill it up. He closes the five hole well. The only goal he gave up he had no chance at. He doesn't flop and he doesn't give up very many rebounds... which is probably the kind of goalie you want when your defense can't clear out the opposition offense. If he was the kind of goalie that flops to the ice and makes spectacular stick or kick saves, with our defense, the rebound is definately going in the net. So, absent a shootout, he probably won't make many highlight films... which is fine with me.

          He doesn't come out of net to handle the puck much (anti-Stalock), but when he does he handles it well.

          Not that UMD would change anything to accomplish this, but just like against every other goaltender, the backdoor shot will work best as Mike will be concentrating on the shooter like he's supposed to be (and SCSU's defense doesn't know how to close the backdoor). The screened shots will work too, of course, but Lee will stop more of those than most goaltenders (on average).
          scsuhockey.com
          CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

          Comment


          • #80
            Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

            Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
            Yes. Looking forward to being mean to you in person. And taunting you for your fantasy team. "Gopens" is kicking the **** out of the rest of us though...
            One week in, and I officially have 0 points.

            So I found footage of the goals last week against Union on Youtube, but that obviously didn't show me a ton on Lee, so we'll see if he's in on Saturday and I get a better look up close than I did for his one period against Lethbridge.
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

            Best USCHO quotes to date:

            "UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

            "It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

            "I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

            Comment


            • #81
              Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

              Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
              I saw him Saturday. He looked very good... technical. He didn't come out of net very far, instead using his size to fill it up. He closes the five hole well. The only goal he gave up he had no chance at. He doesn't flop and he doesn't give up very many rebounds... which is probably the kind of goalie you want when your defense can't clear out the opposition offense. If he was the kind of goalie that flops to the ice and makes spectacular stick or kick saves, with our defense, the rebound is definately going in the net. So, absent a shootout, he probably won't make many highlight films... which is fine with me.

              He doesn't come out of net to handle the puck much (anti-Stalock), but when he does he handles it well.

              Not that UMD would change anything to accomplish this, but just like against every other goaltender, the backdoor shot will work best as Mike will be concentrating on the shooter like he's supposed to be (and SCSU's defense doesn't know how to close the backdoor). The screened shots will work too, of course, but Lee will stop more of those than most goaltenders (on average).
              Exiled one.... FINALLY.... after 4 pages of mindless drivel we finally get a post that talks about the friggin series. Holy crap.

              UMD has some talent up front with two strong forward lines, and two that can bang... and have some scoring potential. They are quick and make some unbelievable plays. It will be interesting to see them on the big sheet to see how their speed and puck skills work in that environment.

              Hjelle played well last weekend against a decent Mankato squad. The Defenseman for UMD didn't give up much either, but again, in close quarters they were able to close early. On big ice... more space and time.... we'll see what they can do. They are very young though. Scare the crap out of me sometimes.

              Someone give me the rundown on STC.

              Comment


              • #82
                Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

                Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                Not that UMD would change anything to accomplish this, but just like against every other goaltender, the backdoor shot will work best as Mike will be concentrating on the shooter like he's supposed to be (and SCSU's defense doesn't know how to close the backdoor).
                UMD is very, very good at exactly that.

                Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                One week in, and I officially have 0 points.
                Hah! That was really funny. I was looking to see how others were doing, and I was like "ok, so and so had an assist (or whatever)... and, oh, so-and-so was -2" and I laughed. You could just refer to it as "even." We have 17 points. Do you guys update the standings?
                Don't you wish your blogger was hot like me?

                "I'd rather be in a porn with DHG than DG." --Dirty

                "I'm not a sex offender, I'm a sex... defender." --Biddco

                Comment


                • #83
                  Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

                  Yeah I'm more into the up-beat MTV type of clubs..I get bored at DBs, the Press, Dug out, Rox (except when I saw Afroman there), and The Carpet, McRudys is fun if the upstairs is packed..and though I graduated from St. Francis, I grew up in Forest Lake and Andover...but then again, those are in the middle of no where kind of too..

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

                    Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    So you are going to transfer partially because the party scene isn't cool enough for you anymore?
                    And people thought Weslosky had problems with school....
                    Uh, the school had problems with Weslosky.
                    GO DU !!!

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

                      Originally posted by DaTruthinDaluth View Post
                      Exiled one.... FINALLY.... after 4 pages of mindless drivel we finally get a post that talks about the friggin series. Holy crap.
                      In an SCSU-UMD series thread, what'd you expect? Personally, I figured we'd get through at least a dozen pages before someone actually talked hockey.

                      Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                      Yeah I'm more into the up-beat MTV type of clubs..I get bored at DBs, the Press, Dug out, Rox (except when I saw Afroman there), and The Carpet, McRudys is fun if the upstairs is packed..and though I graduated from St. Francis, I grew up in Forest Lake and Andover...but then again, those are in the middle of no where kind of too..
                      I just laugh because you list all these places that "bore" you, yet you admitted you can't get in any of them currently.
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

                      Best USCHO quotes to date:

                      "UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

                      "It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

                      "I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

                        I couldn't find a tUMD season thread so I will put this in here. I came across this article on Alex Stalock playing in Adirondack. Enjoy!

                        http://theahl.com/stalock-conjures-u...risons-p138322
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

                        DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

                        DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

                        MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD


                        Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

                          Originally posted by du78 View Post
                          I couldn't find a tUMD season thread so I will put this in here. I came across this article on Alex Stalock playing in Adirondack. Enjoy!

                          http://theahl.com/stalock-conjures-u...risons-p138322
                          Stalock! Stalock!
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

                            Remember when people were saying Jase was as good if not better than the All-American that is Stalock? Yeah, Stalock is making waves in the AHL and Weslosky is trying to find a hooker to take a class for him so his uneducated rear end can play hockey for one more year. What is it with St. Cloud and stupid goalies?

                            Dogs take 3 points! Does SCSU have a guy on the blue line that can play defense yet?
                            http://www.umdpenaltybox.com



                            2011 NCAA DIVISION 1 CHAMPIONS

                            TITLE COUNT: tUMD = 1, SCSU = 0

                            Chris Benoit:Burn in Hell

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

                              Dear MEg, please go back to only caring about Tech hockey and stop ruining everything that is tUMD.

                              Thanks, the chancellor.
                              http://www.umdpenaltybox.com



                              2011 NCAA DIVISION 1 CHAMPIONS

                              TITLE COUNT: tUMD = 1, SCSU = 0

                              Chris Benoit:Burn in Hell

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

                                Originally posted by Not So Sober Hockey Guy View Post
                                Remember when people were saying Jase was as good if not better than the All-American that is Stalock? Yeah, Stalock is making waves in the AHL and Weslosky is trying to find a hooker to take a class for him so his uneducated rear end can play hockey for one more year. What is it with St. Cloud and stupid goalies?
                                Remember last year when you told me I was stupid for saying Stalock was one of the top goalies in the league?
                                Don't you wish your blogger was hot like me?

                                "I'd rather be in a porn with DHG than DG." --Dirty

                                "I'm not a sex offender, I'm a sex... defender." --Biddco

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X