• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andrewj063
    replied
    Re: tUMD vs SCSU Oct 23/24

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    I watched the tape and UMD should've been called for at least 10 more penalties than they were.
    Where do you have this tape? I was at the Wild game yesterday and didn't see anything.

Leave a comment:

• Skeeterman
    replied

I take back some of the things I've said and thought about Mosey. He played well last night.

Lee had a good game.

Dunn gets #1 star, maybe he'll see more ice time.

Refs were weird.

Huskies won.

Heather Locklear: Did you lose my phone number?

Leave a comment:

• jazzam
    replied

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    Euro, I don't know why I'm nice to you now, because you really are an idiot. The refs were terrible last night. TERRIBLE. So what if UMD got 1 fewer penalty than St. Cloud? The refs called a penalty on Justin Fontaine for interference when HE had the puck and TWO huskies threw him to the ice. Was that the "ticky tack" call? UMD got called for offsides without bringing the puck back into the zone! Brady Lamb got an "instigating" penalty? Seriously? You can't tell me that was deserved because there's no way you were in position to make that judgement, unless you are actually a player. Were they so focused on him that they didn't even look at Hano and Olsen, who were wrapped up together but basically harmless, and HARDLY deserved their five minutes?

Like I said in the game thread, we had St. Cloud fans near us who didn't understand why a call was made... on UMD! Contrary to what most people believe, good officiating is not 1. when one's team gets more penalties than the other team, 2. when one's team wins a game, 3. when one's team is successful on special teams or 4. when the penalties are even. And bad officiating is not the converse. UMD lost and it wasn't because of the referees, it was because they played poorly. But that doesn't mean the officiating was not embarrassingly awful.

I don't think you'd know what a real penalty was if I slashed you across the knees.

Also, Garrett Raboin's dad should behave more like a grown up. His son is that captain and he is a guest of St. Cloud State.
    That's the second time I have heard Garrett Raboin's dad called out at a game, must be a classy guy.

That Fontaine penalty looked like he tried to "jump" through the SCSU defenders and got his arm on a shoulder and he dragged one down, It looked like a legit penalty to me. Wish I had replay to go back and check because that was my initial thought, Fontaine for interference. Also I knew right away Roe should have been called for a slash and the Duluth guy would get an elbow, I kept telling my buddy he isn't getting an embellishment (though Roe did do a good job of that) but the called slash instead (it was quite the tomahawk).

Overall most of the penalties were legit (Dunn flop in first when he barely got touched was lame), but the refs took over the game until the third were the magically stopped calling all the penalties they would have earlier in the game. There wasn't a 2 minute stretch of 5x5 hockey until the third period. Refs were getting in the way of the puck and breaking up many plays last night too.

Both these teams need to start playing the body better and not using their sticks.

And whats up with UMD's lines? Connely and Fontaine were out there I swear every other shift, are folks hurt or does UMD role just a couple lines?
    Last edited by jazzam; 10-25-2009, 11:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

I watched the tape and UMD should've been called for at least 10 more penalties than they were.

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    I think you need to watch a tape of the game. UMD deserved most the penatlies they got last night and so did the Huskies.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

No. I had a great view of the game last night and I saw a disgrace by the officials. UMD had some penalties they deserved. But the Lamb instigating call? The Fontaine interference call? Delisle's penalty right as Lasch ran our goalie and got away with it?

Do you St. Cloud fans even know what a penalty is anymore? I don't think so.

I just heard from someone who DID watch the tape and still has the same opinion as me. Did YOU watch the tape?

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    Euro, I don't know why I'm nice to you now, because you really are an idiot. The refs were terrible last night. TERRIBLE. So what if UMD got 1 fewer penalty than St. Cloud? The refs called a penalty on Justin Fontaine for interference when HE had the puck and TWO huskies threw him to the ice. Was that the "ticky tack" call? UMD got called for offsides without bringing the puck back into the zone! Brady Lamb got an "instigating" penalty? Seriously? You can't tell me that was deserved because there's no way you were in position to make that judgement, unless you are actually a player. Were they so focused on him that they didn't even look at Hano and Olsen, who were wrapped up together but basically harmless, and HARDLY deserved their five minutes?

Like I said in the game thread, we had St. Cloud fans near us who didn't understand why a call was made... on UMD! Contrary to what most people believe, good officiating is not 1. when one's team gets more penalties than the other team, 2. when one's team wins a game, 3. when one's team is successful on special teams or 4. when the penalties are even. And bad officiating is not the converse. UMD lost and it wasn't because of the referees, it was because they played poorly. But that doesn't mean the officiating was not embarrassingly awful.

I don't think you'd know what a real penalty was if I slashed you across the knees.

Also, Garrett Raboin's dad should behave more like a grown up. His son is that captain and he is a guest of St. Cloud State.
    I think you need to watch a tape of the game. UMD deserved most the penatlies they got last night and so did the Huskies.

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

Last edited by Runninwiththedogs; 10-25-2009, 10:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Originally posted by Husky Fan Roy View Post
    I don't like 7:37 start times (I'm too old ), but if that is what it takes to have the Huskies play a complete game like they did last night I'm all for it!
    Old Man!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Husky Fan Roy
    replied

This was a must win for the huskies and they won.
    This just was added to Common's preposterous statements list!

Leave a comment:

• Husky Fan Roy
    replied

I don't like 7:37 start times (I'm too old ), but if that is what it takes to have the Huskies play a complete game like they did last night I'm all for it!

Leave a comment:

• scsutommyboy
    replied

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    You have an issue with the refs tonight? You got called for 10 penalties, we got called for 11. And SCSU usually takes fewer penalties. There was one called on UMD that I thought was ticky-tacky, I'd say the rest were well deserved.

And Mosey may be improving, but he's still not there tb. He blew so many opportunities tonight, both on shots and opportunities to move the puck on to someone else.

Tonight's win wasn't anything to blow anyone's skirt up, but two points are two points... now they gotta get 4 in Houghton.
    I know it is sad but compared to his usual lazy self Mosey was awesome tonight.

This was a must win for the huskies and they won. They would have swept if Lee doesn't sieve out friday night. I agree they need 4 points next weekend especially if they want to be a top tier WCHA team this year. Let's hope this weekend was a good stepping stone to good things ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Weldie
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    On the other hand shaved Bufallos were very disapointing. Not as strong as I thought. The hairy Buffalo as my first drink in St Cloud was STRONG! But the rest were not. I was drunk from them however, to give them credit of course. but lame!
    That's why you go with a Buffalo on the Rag! Delicious!!

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Lets be honest. The bulldogs handed the the Huskies the game on a silver platter. And when the were not doing this the refs were calling every single call on them. Very frustrating.
    You have an issue with the refs tonight? You got called for 10 penalties, we got called for 11. And SCSU usually takes fewer penalties. There was one called on UMD that I thought was ticky-tacky, I'd say the rest were well deserved.

And Mosey may be improving, but he's still not there tb. He blew so many opportunities tonight, both on shots and opportunities to move the puck on to someone else.

Tonight's win wasn't anything to blow anyone's skirt up, but two points are two points... now they gotta get 4 in Houghton.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Lets be honest. The bulldogs handed the the Huskies the game on a silver platter. And when the were not doing this the refs were calling every single call on them. Very frustrating.

On the other hand shaved Bufallos were very disapointing. Not as strong as I thought. The hairy Buffalo as my first drink in St Cloud was STRONG! But the rest were not. I was drunk from them however, to give them credit of course. but lame!

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

Still the worst person on this board...
    Or at least bottom 5.

You can't get a horse shoe up your ***** and win the final five from the play in game every year......

Polls are wothless no matter what time of year it is. The pairwise is the only thing that matters and it is way to early to even be thinking about that.
    Hey, you guys didn't do it! But... I guess it's better to be looked over than over looked...

And agreed on polls. I mean, srsly. What part of meaningless is unclear to people? It's just a bunch of people who have no power voicing an opinion that may or may not have any merit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X