Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Rinks in college hockey

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    Yale tickets are the bargain of the century @$150 for a season!

For Denver:
    Full Season Tickets (25 games):
    Prices for adults in the 2010-11 season range from $625 for a sideline ice-level season ticket, to $525 for tickets in the corners, behind the goals, and in the corners of the West stands. Upper-level seats behind the North and South goals are $375.
    Hell, even Bemidji State season tix start at $325 (okay, $275 in the family section)...
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Quit whining. Denver is a bargain compared to Minnesota. I'm paying about $700-$750 now. Going up $100 next year. And I'm in a corner.
      I guess I shouldn't b*tch about the $60 that I paid for season tickets this season, eh?

Granted, the HFH is nothing like Magness (a pretty nice arena, from the games I saw there) and Mariucci (which I have not been to). But, it's still better than Messa or Starr.

I really want to make it to Appleton at some point (hopefully when Clarkson is in town) and I'm finally hitting Lynah tomorrow. The Whit, Alfond, Ingalls, and Conte are really the only other 4 arenas at which I really, really want to see a great rivalry game.
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Quit whining. Denver is a bargain compared to Minnesota. I'm paying about $700-$750 now. Going up $100 next year. And I'm in a corner.
        Well I guess I will not complain when I can pay $400 for the season and it will include free beer and wine between periods, and for one hour after the game.
        You guys need to stop playing so many games.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Old Williams arena was great but you could never see unless you were sitting in the first row in the upper deck.
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I hate you all. That being said, I have the least expensive seat in the house. I think the highest priced tickets are going to go for something like $60 a game next year (or more).
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Season tickets were about 60 each at tech when I was a student. Pretty sweet when you consider you get to watch MN, WI, UND, DU, etc for that price. Not that great when you consider that you have to watch tech attempt to play hockey.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                Yale tickets are the bargain of the century @$150 for a season!

For Denver:
                Full Season Tickets (25 games):
                Prices for adults in the 2010-11 season range from $625 for a sideline ice-level season ticket, to $525 for tickets in the corners, behind the goals, and in the corners of the West stands. Upper-level seats behind the North and South goals are $375.
                BC had a season ticket package this year for $150 as well and given the quality of the product, that's quite a bargain too........ BTW, great reads PuckSwami ,as usual

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Great post Swami. I think Yale got it right in the way they renovated Ingalls last year. They basically rehabbed the entire existing structure from roof to lighting to sound and ice, they then took the old spaces under the arena and used them for expanded concessions and hospitality. To attract the new recruits, they created tens of thousands of new space underground around the rink for new locker rooms, training facilities and offices for the coaching staffs. The building still holds it's original charm, while the amenities to both athletes and spectators have been upgraded significantly. BTW, they bought a new traditional four sided score board, no video.

http://yaletomorrow.yale.edu/pdfs/renovatingingalls.pdf

*****http://www.yalebulldogs.com/images/facilities/ingalls_rink/20091006_inside_by_Michael_Marsland.jpg?max_height =365&max_width=550******

*****http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-hockey/2009-10/photos/0010/locker_5DSC_9998.jpg?max_width=800&max_height=600******

*****http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-hockey/2009-10/photos/0010/Ingalls_Night.jpg?max_width=800&max_height=600******
                  Definitely Cardassian.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Maybe there was a chance you had gone to Northford (before TD was built), or if Brown has played SU yet, Tennilly. Both are small as heck and nothing to write home about, but they're quaint little rinks.
                    I never got to Northford Arena before Q quit playing there. From all reports, I didn't miss much.

As for the Tennity Ice Skating Pavilion at Syracuse University -- I've never had the opportunity of watching a game there since Brown and Syracuse have never met in ice hockey. The closest I've been is the ancient (1951) Onondaga War Memorial Auditorium in downtown Syracuse for an edition of the old Syracuse Invitational Tournament back in the mid-70s.
                    LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Originally posted by bruno View Post
                      I never got to Northford Arena before Q quit playing there. From all reports, I didn't miss much.

As for the Tennity Ice Skating Pavilion at Syracuse University -- I've never had the opportunity of watching a game there since Brown and Syracuse have never met in ice hockey. The closest I've been is the ancient (1951) Onondaga War Memorial Auditorium in downtown Syracuse for an edition of the old Syracuse Invitational Tournament back in the mid-70s.
                      You're not missing much with either of the rinks. The War Memorial is a nice place to watch the Crunch play.

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                        I hope to add Amsoil to my list of rinks visited this Friday. I'm quite anxious to see how BSU's Sanford Center compares...
                        ****. Amsoil is sickenly nice. it doesn't have marble concourses or leather seats, but even without, it may be my new favorite...
                        Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                        B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                        CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                        ECAC:
                        HEA: UMass
                        NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                        Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                          ****. Amsoil is sickenly nice. it doesn't have marble concourses or leather seats, but even without, it may be my new favorite...
                          I really like open concourses. The Ralph definately has the nicest things, but I think Mariucci has the best layout of the limited number of college arenas I've attended games at. Amsoil is beautiful as well.
                          SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                          UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                          Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                          Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                          UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                          UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Don't forget about the *cough cough* "donation" in addition to the actual cost of the ticket.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                              Old Williams arena was great but you could never see unless you were sitting in the first row in the upper deck.
                              The incline got steeper about halfway up the lower deck, from roughly this point to where the pillars started to get in the way where pretty good two. About 15 rows or so....

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Don't forget about the *cough cough* "donation" in addition to the actual cost of the ticket.
                                That includes the donation. $750ish plus $100 donation.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X