Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#16 BU @ #15 Merrimack 1/12/11 (Assuming the bus can make it through the storm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #16 BU @ #15 Merrimack 1/12/11 (Assuming the bus can make it through the storm)

Go Terriers!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Re: #16 BU @ #15 Merrimack 1/12/11 (Assuming the bus can make it through the storm)

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Go Terriers!!!!!!!!
      Bleh...come on Nick

roads were terrible on the way into work today

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        Here's my preview of the game. We'll be live blogging the game, too (assuming it isn't postponed).
        If the 4 inches of snow, one inch of freezing rain, and then more snow forecast is correct then I say postpone it.

It's just not safe on the roads out there.
        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Hearing all systems are a go as of now. I'm sure those involved in the decision-making have everything they need in terms of the forecast and road conditions and whatnot, so I wouldn't bank on anything changing.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

93N is a parking lot due to the weather. Wondering when the team planned to leave or if they're already on the road as they might not make it on time if they wait any longer. My flight has already been delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              93N is a parking lot due to the weather. Wondering when the team planned to leave or if they're already on the road as they might not make it on time if they wait any longer. My flight has already been delayed.
              For what it's worth, I just checked SmarTraveler, which confirms Scarlett's report of the mess on 93N. If it's accurate (and it's a big if), it would be better to take Route 1 up through Saugus and Lynnfield, and then go up 114 to North Andover.

I can't leave till 4:30, so I may out of luck, but will give it a shot.

PS: no guarantees, but SmarTraveler is at:
              http://www.smartraveler.com/scripts/...ityname=Boston

Comment

An option for southbound people is to take Route 1 to 114 N in Peab'dy and take 114 15 miles and it plops you directly at Merrimack. It's a longer way but if that route is rain, it may be easier. 93N is a CF right now north of 128 and it isn't even rush hour.

PS: I work along I-93.
                - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

lol love the CF abbreviations

I miss the days of waltzing over to the rink from Gati or the Can...I can't even watch this game on B2, my legal writing class got moved from 5-6:30 to 6-7:30....I guess I'll follow the live blog on my phone under the desk

I think Cannata is the difference in this one, 4-2 with an empty netter.
                  Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                    For what it's worth, I just checked SmarTraveler, which confirms Scarlett's report of the mess on 93N. If it's accurate (and it's a big if), it would be better to take Route 1 up through Saugus and Lynnfield, and then go up 114 to North Andover.

I can't leave till 4:30, so I may out of luck, but will give it a shot.

PS: no guarantees, but SmarTraveler is at:
                    http://www.smartraveler.com/scripts/...ityname=Boston
                    'cept i heard 1 north in saugus all the way to the light is a mess and 114 west is ALWAYS a mess at that time..............safe to say that there is no easy way tonight. all you guys take it slow and be safe, should be a great game

Comment

Working...
                    X