Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused...please give some advice

Hello Guys,
    I havn't been on the boards for over a year now. And just getting back home is allowing me to catch up on somethings. Being from NH I did not expect to see UNH number 2, what a great suprise (im sure the whit has been rocking).

Anyhow my question is...How is Yale above UNH ( i know its early, but looking at Quality wins, i believe its not close. (Again i havn't seen much hockey or have been able to read about hockey. But looking at ranks of the teams they beat it looks pretty convincing UNH has alot more Quality wins)

Beating
    Miami, BC, BU, Maine, tied Michigan, and beat ECAC teams...they even Beat merrimack which is actually ranked higher than Colorado College...im boggled by this...

Yale has Beaten CC

Not looking for a flare...im sure yale fans will take this the wrong way, i am not taking anything away from there squad!

Thanks

Re: Confused...please give some advice

Please refer to every thread started by Yale fans about how awesome their team allegedly is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pet_Donkee View Post
      Anyhow my question is...How is Yale above UNH ( i know its early, but looking at Quality wins, i believe its not close.
      Some things are unexplainable. BU was #1 a few weeks ago so take that for what it's worth after a stretch against a nice schedule (they did have some good early wins in the Icebreaker).

For whatever reason, people that vote are more worried about who you haven't lost to rather than who you've beaten. To them it's about proving you aren't worthy rather than proving you are. That's why the PWR is good and the polls are dumb.

You know how Maine was considered a juggernaut coming into this season because of a loss to BC last year in the playoffs? Well, guess what? So was Yale. Neither have proven goaltenders... but Maine has played a good schedule and not done so well. I think you'd see the same thing from Yale if they played a similar schedule. Luckily for them they are hiding in the EZAC playing schools like Andover School of Trucking, Perkins School for the Blind, etc. But come March, they can run but they can't hide.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I understand because of past experiences when I was pumped UNH was number 1 back in the haydar days...but it doesnt matter till the end of the yr because everyone comes after you... I understand there fans are happy and pumped...but they havnt beaten anyone!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pet_Donkee View Post
          I understand because of past experiences when I was pumped UNH was number 1 back in the haydar days...but it doesnt matter till the end of the yr because everyone comes after you... I understand there fans are happy and pumped...but they havnt beaten anyone!!!
          Texas Christian hadn't beaten anyone either. They proved today they belong. I'm a Hockey East fan, but I believe Yale has significantly more talent than some of the good St. Lawrence and Cornell teams that are the last two ECAC programs to advance to the Frozen Four. I know Yale can score with anyone. Their goaltending was suspect last year, but Rondeau has stepped up this season.

I've always been a big Umile fan, although I am not a UNH fan. I have met him and he even spoke to the student-athletes at my high school as a guest/motivational speaker when I was in high school. Seemed like a great man. I would love to see them win it all if my team cannot. He has done a great job at UNH. He has won a lot of games, made a lot of NCAA Tournaments, etc.

Everyone always complains he cannot win the big ones, but besides DU, Maine, BC, BU, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Michigan and North Dakota, no other team has won a NCAA Championship since 1994. Does that mean all other 50 or so programs should fire their coach? Sorry for the rant. I've seen UNH play and believe they have a great team this year. They'll do well, but Yale is better than people want to say because their fans have been obnoxious.

Comment

And they don't use word wrap.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I strongly now believe that UHN will win it all this year. Write it down. You heard it here first.
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                Texas Christian hadn't beaten anyone either. They proved today they belong.
                Tell me you're joking.

TCU beat Oregon State by 11 points (and Utah by 40 later in the season for good measure).

but I believe Yale has significantly more talent than some of the good St. Lawrence and Cornell teams that are the last two ECAC programs to advance to the Frozen Four.
                2000 St. Lawrence I might agree with - or at least this year's Yale team might be on par with them (although again, huge goaltending edge for the SLU team as of right now with Gustafson, who was fantastic). 2003 Cornell with Murray, Vesce, Paolini, Moulson and Leneveu... not a chance.

I've always been a big Umile fan...Everyone always complains he cannot win the big ones, but besides DU, Maine, BC, BU, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Michigan and North Dakota, no other team has won a NCAA Championship since 1994.
                So in other words, since 1994, 16 national titles have been won and Umile hasn't won any of them. I don't care whether they fire him or not, but his monumental chokes in the postseason are amazing. Certainly makes you wonder why he can get a team to either play way over their heads for so long without continuing to do so in the postseason or why his teams tank so badly in postseason.
                Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 01-01-2011, 08:40 PM.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  Tell me you're joking.

TCU beat Oregon State by 11 points (and Utah by 40 later in the season for good measure).
                  Did you see how Utah looked against ND and Boise? They were proven to not be as good as the past few years. Oregon State lost to Washington State and ended up not being bowl eligible. Yale has defeated two ranked opponents and UVM. If you want to use your logic, UVM is a good victory because they were a good opponent a few years ago. Utah and Oregon State did not have good years.

Comment

Tell me you're joking.

Yeah, but the rest of the schedule was cupcakes. I certainly thought they had the abilities to win the Rose Bowl, but many people did not, and I don't blame them. They weren't given the chance to prove themselves during the season because they had a super easy schedule due to their weak conference.

However, they proved today beyond doubt that they belong with the big boys.

Comment

So in other words, since 1994, 16 national titles have been won and Umile hasn't won any of them. I don't care whether they fire him or not, but his monumental chokes in the postseason are amazing. Certainly makes you wonder why he can get a team to either play way over their heads for so long without continuing to do so in the postseason or why his teams tank so badly in postseason.
                      Or, in other words, Parker, York, Walsh, Berenson, Comley, Lucia, Gwozdecky, Eaves, and Blais have won national titles in that time. I guess the other 50 coaches should just be fired. Umile has choked, but at least he has put his team in position to win. All I'm saying is unless you can guarantee getting a coach who will certainly win a national title, it is pathetic the UNH fans who cry for his termination.

Yes, you are a BC fan who has won three titles in that time and have the BEST coach in the land. BC also has a lot more resources than UNH and has more notoriety in other sports than UNH.

Comment

here's some advice from another Wildcat fan:
                        I'm surprised, even with their record, that UNH is ranked as high as number two. The polls are meaningless. I'd rather see a team like Yale atop the poll and UNH stay under the radar and see if they can make some noise in the post season where it matters. Nothing is determined by the polls either now or come tournament selection time. The Yale chest thumping is good for a laugh.

If you're going to bring into the big wins, you can also look at the losses. UNH has lost two games, one at Miami and one at BU both of which I think were ranked in the top 2 or 3 at the time of the loss, while Yale lost to Air Force...

Comment

ok...and tcu was never ranked above teams with a more quality wins...did u read any of my post...im not doubting yale can beat anyone....im doubting there reason for being number 1 now...when a team on there *** has beaten atleast 6 or 7 ranked teams....im bogled

Comment

i agree shawn

Comment

Does anyone here watch hockey besides the team they cheer for?

Comment

Working...
                              X