Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarkson & St. Lawrence @ RPI & Union (1/7, 1/8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Clarkson & St. Lawrence @ RPI & Union (1/7, 1/8)

Originally posted by StayPuftMMcu View Post
    This is my favorite USCHO thread ever.
    So what do you play? LW, flute or trombone?

Comment

All low brass but french horn (if you count that as low brass... I don't). Usually threads that get into band discussion tend to devolve into a ****ing contest between me and RPI bandies, but this time you guys have done it for me and it's been fun to read. Mostly because I remember having these same exact discussions in person with fellow Clarkson band members/alums and it is nice to see it isn't just Clarkson having to make tough decisions about when to go where to play for which team. At least we only have two major teams to worry about. Toss in football and it would just get too insane for my taste.

Hockey note: I'm extremely scared of this weekend. I don't expect us to win or even split, but anything more than 2 points would be a great statement for Clarkson after a tough two outings against UMD. It will be interesting to see what lineup the coach decides to *Roll* out (::rimshot: and I'm looking forward to seeing RPI for the first time. I watched the Yale/Union game when it was on TV and was extremely impressed by Union, even though they got smoked. Fast, skilled, scary.
      Last edited by StayPuftMMcu; 01-07-2011, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StayPuftMMcu View Post
        All low brass but french horn (if you count that as low brass... I don't).
        Cool a tuba player - would that include souzaphone BTW? As you probably already read, I've already expressed my concern regarding your potential health tonight. Let me amend that to wish you good physical health mixed with a dose of mental anguish.

Comment

Tuba and sousaphone are the same horns, just shaped differently for marching purposes.

Comment

Bringin' a newbie to the Clarkson game tonight...not a hockey fan at all, so this should be interesting. Here's to hoping the boys avoid playing down to their opponent and play like they can!

Comment

Union line charts v. SLU

http://unionhockey.tumblr.com/

Comment

Clarkson vs. RPI is up on RPI TV:
                http://www.rpitv.org/productions/353...ey-vs-clarkson

Small crew, some technical difficulties, but we pushed through with the broadcast. We'll also be broadcasting today's game against St. Lawrence on America One, and we'll be posting the whole game afterward as always.

Both RPI Women's games will be up in single camera HD format (similar to the US Junior game) in a couple days as well.
                RPI Class of 2012
                Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

I am loathe to wade in on issues like the band matter because I did not attend RPI (although there is talk in Shirley Lee's circles of me receiving an Honorary Degree for my work in cold fusion) but two quick thoughts. One, it is good to to have Red Cloud engaged again. The moral clarity that he brings to the discussion cannot be underestimated. Props to GR for taking the bull by the horns and putting together a contingent of the band. GR, great effort and leadership
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                    Clarkson vs. RPI is up on RPI TV:
                    http://www.rpitv.org/productions/353...ey-vs-clarkson

Small crew, some technical difficulties, but we pushed through with the broadcast. We'll also be broadcasting today's game against St. Lawrence on America One, and we'll be posting the whole game afterward as always.

Both RPI Women's games will be up in single camera HD format (similar to the US Junior game) in a couple days as well.
                    The game on America One went through without a hitch last night. The quality is still suspect, but not having to wait for buffering is an improvement. If that was because of you and your crew, I would like to thank you.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

There was a great crowd at the HFH last night...3,600 I think. Without most of the students, thats pretty impressive. SLU gave U all they could handle last night, outshooting them 27-26. The teams were a combined 0-9 on the PP. RPI had best shake out the cobwebs and get it going.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

The SLU / U game was a great battle. Both teams went at it hammer and tong from the first drop of the puck. The game could have gone either way, and the goalie gods were smiling on Keith Kinkaid when SLU clanged one off the post in the third. Zajac's goal was a beauty and Pallos' was a bit fortuitous but the product of some real hustle by the fourth line. Union PK was nothing short of excellent. SLU's effort was all out all night, but they couldn't get anything going on the PP. I thought there were some typically bad and missed calls, but fortunately for Union at least, they didn't effect the outcome. Props also to Adam Presizniuk who with his Zajac helper became U's leading all time point scorer and assist leader. He is playing with a casted thumb but was his typical self. I've never seen a Dutchman who was any tougher to get off his skates or to separate from the puck. Also, Joe Marsh was his usual classy self with his post game remarks. He is definitely a class act in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                          The SLU / U game was a great battle. Both teams went at it hammer and tong from the first drop of the puck. The game could have gone either way, and the goalie gods were smiling on Keith Kinkaid when SLU clanged one off the post in the third. Zajac's goal was a beauty and Pallos' was a bit fortuitous but the product of some real hustle by the fourth line. Union PK was nothing short of excellent. SLU's effort was all out all night, but they couldn't get anything going on the PP. I thought there were some typically bad and missed calls, but fortunately for Union at least, they didn't effect the outcome. Props also to Adam Presizniuk who with his Zajac helper became U's leading all time point scorer and assist leader. He is playing with a casted thumb but was his typical self. I've never seen a Dutchman who was any tougher to get off his skates or to separate from the puck. Also, Joe Marsh was his usual classy self with his post game remarks. He is definitely a class act in my book.
                          Sounds like it was a classic battle -- which is what draws me to the college game. Marsh is indeed a heckuva coach and a gentleman.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            Sounds like it was a classic battle -- which is what draws me to the college game. Marsh is indeed a heckuva coach and a gentleman.
                            And he seems exceptionally good at coaching against us. Often times he has made changes between periods that have completely turned games around.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

RPI Lines
                              Lee-Polacek-O'Grady
                              Cullen-Malchuk-Helfrich
                              Rabbani-Brutlag-Burgdoerfer
                              AAG-Rogic- ?

Bergin-Foss
                              Bailen-Dolan
                              Koudys-JFK-LeBoeuf

Comment

Working...
                              X