Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Everyone.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

    Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Soooooooooo excited to head to PC tomorrow.

    Bought my tickets in advance and managed to get the seats I sit in when the place is empty for a women's hockey game. I imagine this one won't be too crowded... heh
    the only other thing necessary is pizza at Caserta's prior to this evenings tilt
    *****

    Comment


    • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

      Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      Why is this a surprise? The last few years the place is always a madhouse when the students are gone on break.

      i know this is the case in november, but have the january games always been this popular? i know they are against bu a lot of the time - so it is probably hard to judge
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

      Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

      Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

      Comment


      • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

        Another solid win, now 9 out of the last 10. Could this team be starting their run a month ahead of schedule?
        ...At life. And Goaltending. BC '11

        Tried to draft Jerry York in the first round of fantasy hockey.

        Comment


        • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

          Originally posted by eetzasqueed View Post
          Could this team be starting their run a month ahead of schedule?
          I hope not.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

          Comment


          • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

            Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
            I hope not.
            this
            *****

            Comment


            • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

              It's not exciting, but it's 4 points. PC is a tough place to play for the Eagles, so taking care of business is a good sign. Love the balanced scoring demonstrated this weekend. Don't love the 0-8 on the powerplay. They need to get that thing going if they want to sustain this winning streak. BC has way too much skill to be 0-8 on the powerplay.

              Comment


              • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                this
                Hey, I certainly wouldn't object if they wanted to turn it into an extended run Best start since 2005-2006. Doesn't mean much, just puts them in better shape right now. Even where they are now, it's not like they've reached their peak.

                The injuries and WJC have been GOOD things for this team's development. Getting Milner in last night? Another good thing. Saw on EA that Patch Alber *could* play at Maine, but they're gonna play it safe and shoot for the BU game. Knock on wood, but if that's the case, BC will be at full strength for the first time in a long time.

                Comment


                • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                  Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Hey, I certainly wouldn't object if they wanted to turn it into an extended run Best start since 2005-2006. Doesn't mean much, just puts them in better shape right now. Even where they are now, it's not like they've reached their peak.

                  The injuries and WJC have been GOOD things for this team's development. Getting Milner in last night? Another good thing. Saw on EA that Patch Alber *could* play at Maine, but they're gonna play it safe and shoot for the BU game. Knock on wood, but if that's the case, BC will be at full strength for the first time in a long time.
                  sure, the thing is they played great in spurts friday night but it was uneven, for use of a better word and there is a lot Jerry can work on. what we may be seeing is that the talent level is such that even when they are not nearly at their peak, it's still quite a high level .......
                  *****

                  Comment


                  • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Hey, I certainly wouldn't object if they wanted to turn it into an extended run Best start since 2005-2006. Doesn't mean much, just puts them in better shape right now. Even where they are now, it's not like they've reached their peak.
                    I agree, this team is not playing their best hockey right now. Have seen 3 of the last 4, and with 4 key guys out of the Ledyard tourney, we won on pure talent and John Muse keeping us in it. And we can play a lot better than we did against PC on Friday. We're not playing our best hockey and we're winning. That doesn't suck.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

                    Comment


                    • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                      Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                      PC is a tough place to play for the Eagles
                      Eh?
                      Don't love the 0-8 on the powerplay. They need to get that thing going if they want to sustain this winning streak. BC has way too much skill to be 0-8 on the powerplay.
                      The stat was a bit misleading. I think 6 of those were 10 second abbreviated power plays.
                      Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      the only other thing necessary is pizza at Caserta's prior to this evenings tilt
                      Eh hem. BCWH superfan Joe and I went there on your recommendation, and found that the pizza was meh. I think that's just not our style of pie though.

                      The weirdest thing about that place was it was some bizarre congregation of a billion different sports allegiances. Interesting experience.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14


                      Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

                      Comment


                      • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                        If there's any further line tweaking coming up... here's a few suggestions.

                        Current lines are:
                        J. Whitney - Gibbons - Atkinson
                        Kreider - K. Hayes - J. Hayes
                        Carey - Mullane - S. Whitney
                        Almeida - Arnold - Brown/T. Atkinson

                        Here's some combos I'd like to see...
                        J. Whitney - Gibbons - Atkinson
                        K. Hayes - Mullane - J. Hayes
                        Kreider - Arnold - Carey
                        Almeida - Brown/T. Atinson/Dyroff - S. Whitney

                        K. Hayes - Mullane - J. Hayes... they played real well together at the Ledyard tourney. Not that Kreider doesn't play well with these guys, but this would get a natural center with 2 very good wingers.

                        Kreider - Arnold - Carey... Arnold is ready to step up and do some damage. Good hands. Kreider could benefit and get some open ice. Can Carey play RW? I think he can play anywhere. This line can motor.

                        Well, that's my wish list. Gives us 3 explosive scoring lines. Thoughts?
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

                        Comment


                        • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                          This doesn't have much to do with your line combos but something about Arnold. It has been great seeing his progression this year. I can definitely see him having the same career projection as Ben Smith. Will never be the best player on the team but will be an excellent 4 year, 2 way player .

                          Comment


                          • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                            Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            If there's any further line tweaking coming up... here's a few suggestions.

                            Current lines are:
                            J. Whitney - Gibbons - Atkinson
                            Kreider - K. Hayes - J. Hayes
                            Carey - Mullane - S. Whitney
                            Almeida - Arnold - Brown/T. Atkinson

                            Here's some combos I'd like to see...
                            J. Whitney - Gibbons - Atkinson
                            K. Hayes - Mullane - J. Hayes
                            Kreider - Arnold - Carey
                            Almeida - Brown/T. Atinson/Dyroff - S. Whitney

                            K. Hayes - Mullane - J. Hayes... they played real well together at the Ledyard tourney. Not that Kreider doesn't play well with these guys, but this would get a natural center with 2 very good wingers.

                            Kreider - Arnold - Carey... Arnold is ready to step up and do some damage. Good hands. Kreider could benefit and get some open ice. Can Carey play RW? I think he can play anywhere. This line can motor.

                            Well, that's my wish list. Gives us 3 explosive scoring lines. Thoughts?
                            Right before Friday's game I was wondering if we'd see Carey stay with Gibbons/Atkinson and if we'd see Mullane with Kreider/J. Hayes or if they'd go back to Kevin Hayes. What I like is that there are a lot of options to play with. The one thing you simply can't break up is Gibbons/Atkinson.

                            I do like your Kreider-Arnold-Carey line

                            Comment


                            • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                              Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Eh?



                              Eh hem. BCWH superfan Joe and I went there on your recommendation, and found that the pizza was meh. I think that's just not our style of pie though.

                              The weirdest thing about that place was it was some bizarre congregation of a billion different sports allegiances. Interesting experience.
                              It is quintessential Federal Hill but to each his own,the pie is a cross between NY style and sicilian and you can't beat the sauce........maybe then Al Forno might be your style..............Caserta's gets high marks in any ranking of pizzerias in the Bos-Prov area though, i digress
                              *****

                              Comment


                              • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                                Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                Caserta's gets high marks in any ranking of pizzerias in the Bos-Prov area though, i digress
                                That's like winning the Big East in football

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X