Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Everyone.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    you have an interesting point of view but i think the opposite way as one who lived through those years. I greatly respect the BU hockey program and they had a pretty fair coach before Parker(I'm intentionally omitting Abbott). I can however understand how you think that way after thinking about it myself. BC was on top for the first decade (I am using Year 1 as the first Beanpot year) then BU basically until York . As far as the arrogance of their fans and students, well i think i've heard people say that about the other Comm ave school, not that I agree one iota of course. The funny thing about arrogance is that you aren't ever perceived as that if you are a loser. It's only the fan bases and or students of teams on top that are considered arrogant, i wonder why THAT is?
    I dont find BU fans arrogant at all, quite the opposite. I find them to have a significant inferiority complex towards BC. You want to test this theory? Walk up to a BU alum/student, pretend to be from out of town and ask him/her if Doug Flutie went to BU. It's actually quite funny...

Comment

Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

Originally posted by slasher7 View Post
      i dont find bu fans arrogant at all, quite the opposite. I find them to have a significant inferiority complex towards bc. You want to test this theory? Walk up to a bu alum/student, pretend to be from out of town and ask him/her if doug flutie went to bu. It's actually quite funny...
      lol!
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
        Actually, Sterlippo, I haven't read anything else from him.
        page 3 post 59 on this, our BC thread

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
          I dont find BU fans arrogant at all, quite the opposite. I find them to have a significant inferiority complex towards BC. You want to test this theory? Walk up to a BU alum/student, pretend to be from out of town and ask him/her if Doug Flutie went to BU. It's actually quite funny...
          You're right. "No, he went to BC" is hilarious. I can't stop laughing.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

well, when i was a recent grad i always said that if BU was playing the Soviet Union, i'd root for the Soviets but respect for their hockey program is, IMO a different matter........anyway, does Milner ever start again for this 2010-2011 Eagles team? and if he does, would Friday night be the night?
            I was thinking Saturday night, but now that I think about it more, playing him at home might make more sense. Either way, I think there's a good chance he gets a game this weekend.

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            Couldn't care less about this argument, just a question for you. Obviously you're a BU reporter, but did you grow up a BU fan? Attend BU?

Comment

[QUOTE=J.D.;4979893]I was thinking Saturday night, but now that I think about it more, playing him at home might make more sense. Either way, I think there's a good chance he gets a game this weekend.

I agree, home makes more sense. i actually thought that he was going to get one of those tourney games last week....

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Couldn't care less about this argument, just a question for you. Obviously you're a BU reporter, but did you grow up a BU fan? Attend BU?
                I'm a senior at BU. Grew up following Hockey East and going to a lot of UML games (I'm from Billerica), but didn't really root for any one team in particular. I kind of always wanted to see UML win just because they were always the underdog against the big 4, which were the games I went to the most, but I liked all the HE teams and rooted for all of them in NCAAs (still do, actually). I had BU season tickets my freshman and sophomore year before getting on the reporting beat last year, so I was definitely a fan for those 2 years. I don't really care if people think I'm biased, but I find it funny that some accuse me of that when I've liked all of HE my whole life and still do.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Give me a break. You BU folks are hysterical. You crave the attention Boston College gets both academically and athletically. There's a reason why you chant negative phrases about BC when your team is playing someone besides BC. Generations pass, but BC remains in the heads of every BU student and alum. Deal with it, fanboy

Comment

I agree, home makes more sense. i actually thought that he was going to get one of those tourney games last week....
                    Had BC not been so shorthanded defensively, I think he would have played against Colgate...although maybe Jerry had flashbacks to the Denver Cup when he started Milner against St. Lawrence

I don't really care if people think I'm biased, but I find it funny that some accuse me of that when I've liked all of HE my whole life and still do.
                    This is confusing. I clearly think you're biased, but for obvious reasons. You go to BU and cover the team. We're all biased in a way, just in different manners I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      This is confusing. I clearly think you're biased, but for obvious reasons. You go to BU and cover the team. We're all biased in a way, just in different manners I guess.
                      Obviously. I'm talking about beyond that- the fanboy/homer accusations. There's a difference between covering a team and rooting for a team. My "job" (it's more fun than work) for the school paper is to cover BU hockey. I'd like to think I do that in an unbiased way by covering both the positive and the negative. When I've covered college hockey for other sources (CHN, Inside Hockey, NESN), my job was/is to cover both teams. I'd like to think I do that in an unbiased way, too, even when it's a BU game.

Comment

Obviously. I'm talking about beyond that- the fanboy/homer accusations. There's a difference between covering a team and rooting for a team. My "job" (it's more fun than work) for the school paper is to cover BU hockey. I'd like to think I do that in an unbiased way by covering both the positive and the negative. When I've covered college hockey for other sources (CHN, Inside Hockey, NESN), my job was/is to cover both teams. I'd like to think I do that in an unbiased way, too, even when it's a BU game.
                        If it makes you feel any better, you're nowhere near the level of Scott Weighart, so you've got that going for you.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

For the most part, I think you do a good job. You just seem to be a little touchy this season in regard to some of us BC fans (Parker/RPI thing, Clendening/WJC). Not saying you can't disagree with us as I fully realize that BC/BU fans will disagree on a lot of things. Don't want to rehash any specifics from other threads, but just a few times I've come away thinking you were being a homer--and that's fine.

Comment

Since Domoulin and Wey have already played 2 games in the past 4 days, am wondering if maybe York will play one tomorrow and the other on Saturday? That way they would each be playing 3 games in 6 days instead of 4. They could keep J Whitney on D and still skate 6 defensemen that way. Maybe they could rest Krieder for the home game and have him suit up at PC. I'm sure these guys could play both nights, but maybe not a bad idea to rest them a bit, especially since it's against not a really strong PC squad.
                            Last edited by carltonbarrett; 01-06-2011, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Story on the Whitney brothers - http://bit.ly/whitneys

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                                Since Domoulin and Wey have already played 2 games in the past 4 days, am wondering if maybe York will play one tomorrow and the other on Saturday? That way they would each be playing 3 games in 6 days instead of 4. They could keep J Whitney on D and still skate 6 defensemen that way. Maybe they could rest Krieder for the home game and have him suit up at PC. I'm sure these guys could play both nights, but maybe not a bad idea to rest them a bit, especially since it's against not a really strong PC squad.
                                Unless they are dinged up, I doubt it. Put the horses out there and play the game.

"...especially since it's against not a really strong PC squad"... I'm sure the coaching staff is doing everything they can to keep the team from thinking this way. One of the reasons all the horses will probably be playing. If they think they just have to show up against a weak PC team, they'll get waxed.

They want to be a champion, play like a champion... tonight, tomorrow night, every night. This team should be dishing out the wax jobs, not the other way around.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X