Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Everyone.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
    York said on the bceagles.com broadcast that Kreider broke his jaw in two places; surgery tomorrow or early next week. Out 4-6 weeks. "He'll be back healthy next year." .. if he's back at all.
    If he said 4-6 weeks, then there is still a chance he gets back if we make it to the Frozen Four. I'll hold out hope.
    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

Sorry for having Jerry York, are ya. ???

Hey, I heard he's got a 2nd career lined up. Diving coach.
      No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

• Originally posted by Slash01 View Post

can't be anywhere near as good as the kid who launched himself into the boards headfirst like he'd been shot tonight. thank god dumo only got 2 min, but that was an Oscar worthy performance

Comment

Originally posted by Slash01 View Post

Honestly have no idea where this is coming from....have another beverage.

Anyway, check out some of the USCHO sidebars. Belichick addressed the team on Tuesday and York's quotes after tonight's game shows that the RS title means something to these guys.

A few weeks back I projected BC to play UMass in the 2/7 matchup. Got part of it right

With 41 points, BC ties 2007-2008 UNH for most points in the 10 team HE era. Also, BC becomes first team in this era to win 20 league games.

Only thing that could have looked better on the HE scoreboard tonight would have been Maine beating UMass and giving BC Providence instead. Look at how UMass has played BU, Merrimack, BC and Maine recently. No wins, but I believe every game has been decided by one goal or tie.

Comment

u mad?
            I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

• Originally posted by Slash01 View Post

What the???

Comment

Keep it classy, dude.
                Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Coming from a Souix fan? Good one toolbag.
                  BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                  Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Honestly have no idea where this is coming from....have another beverage.

Anyway, check out some of the USCHO sidebars. Belichick addressed the team on Tuesday and York's quotes after tonight's game shows that the RS title means something to these guys.

A few weeks back I projected BC to play UMass in the 2/7 matchup. Got part of it right

With 41 points, BC ties 2007-2008 UNH for most points in the 10 team HE era. Also, BC becomes first team in this era to win 20 league games.

Only thing that could have looked better on the HE scoreboard tonight would have been Maine beating UMass and giving BC Providence instead. Look at how UMass has played BU, Merrimack, BC and Maine recently. No wins, but I believe every game has been decided by one goal or tie.
                    I prefer the tougher game against UMass. Gets them ready for the HE Semis and further. A quick easy win over Providence just leads to bad habits.

Jerry will have them ready and not overlooking UMass. Should be a hard fought few games.

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                      I prefer the tougher game against UMass. Gets them ready for the HE Semis and further. A quick easy win over Providence just leads to bad habits.

Jerry will have them ready and not overlooking UMass. Should be a hard fought few games.
                      i agree and with the two close games just played last week vs U Mass still fresh in their minds Jerry won't have to dig deep in his bag of tricks to get 'em ready.................Mullane 1st star last night , great sign with the Kreider injury. Jimmy Hayes-Carey-Mullane were on the ice for both third period goals though it is Almeida that was moved into Kreider's spot i guess
                      Last edited by sterlippo1; 03-06-2011, 06:12 AM.

Comment

You lost to Yale*
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

i just watched Arnold's goal friday night about 5 times. just so typical of what we have seen from the start with him out working everyone to make a great play...........12th shorthanded goal of the year for BC (#1,tied with Irish)

Comment

Get yours asses to Walter Brown Arena at 1pm to watch the BC women win their first ever Hockey East championship.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

As much as I hate to see Kreider out of the lineup, I really believe that BC will be fine. Our lower lines are filled with some very highly touted players, such as Steve Whitney (who at one time was a top 5 national recruit), Almeida (who led the EJHL in scoring), Kevin Hayes (1st rd draft pick) and Bill Arnold (51 pt scorer on U-18 team) and there is no reason these guys cannot help pick up the slack along with the likes of Mullane and Carey. Quite frankly, even without Kreider, this team has a lot more firepower than anyone else in HE, and probably anyone else in the country other than maybe Nodak. Throw in an experienced, battle tested, very talented defense and post season phenom John Muse and you can see where we are still in very good shape. My only real worry now is that we are an injury or two away from that 2001-2002 fiasco.

Regarding Kreider's injury, I also remember players coming back earlier than York predicted in past seasons, so if they are saying 4-6 weeks, am hoping he'll be back for the FF. The fact that he was at the game last night talking up a storm tells me he doesn't have a severe break or displaced fracture, which is good.

Comment

The women's team won their first ever Hockey East tournament championship today!!

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                                HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                                HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X