Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Everyone.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

    ok, just sitting here giving up the big screen so the wife and daughter can watch social network i compiled this:

    Game Opponent Attendance Date Comment
    1 Mack 6715 Fri Oct 29th season opener-banner night, should have sold out IMO
    2 UML 3322 Tues Nov 2nd are you kidding me? tues nite?
    3 UNH 6473 Fri Nov 5th was surprised not a sell out but football still on i guess
    4 Maine 7126 Fri Nov 19th see above but a lot of Mainahs in the house
    5 Maine 5765 Sun Nov 21st good crowd considering the date and time (NFL)
    6 UVM 4909 Sun Nov 28th 5 pm sunday afternoon, i never get to this game
    7 BU 7884 (sell out) Sat Dec 4th no comment necessary
    8 Prov 7884 (sell out) Fri Jan 7th Huh?? I started to think something is different
    9 UML 7623 Sat Jan 22nd I actually thought this game was sold out
    10 UMass 6821 Fri Feb 4th Great crowd considering opponent's standing this year
    11 Northeastern 7884 (sellout) Fri Feb 18th considering the last 4 games and the Beanpot, i expected this, plus NU always sends students (thanks!)
    12 UMass 7884 (sellout) Sat Feb 25th seriously? i expected a good crowd but not this good
    13 UNH 7884 Fri Mar 4th just about a done deal
    Congrats to all especially the students!
    Last edited by sterlippo1; 02-28-2011, 06:28 PM.
    *****

    Comment


    • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

      nov 2nd was also election day
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

      Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

      Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

      Comment


      • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

        Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        just got an email from the athletic dept saying there are only about 500 tickets left for friday night so it looks like yet another sellout
        I should hope so for Senior Night and needing three pts to win the RS title.

        BTW is it me or have we seen this movie before? Seems like BC goes into the final weekend with UNH needing three pts every year.
        Last edited by Zudnic; 02-28-2011, 08:38 PM.
        Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

        Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

        sigpic

        "I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

        Comment


        • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

          BC is actually gaining ground on UNH. Last year, BC needed 4 points, this year only 3!

          Comment


          • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

            Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            BC is actually gaining ground on UNH. Last year, BC needed 4 points, this year only 3!
            i'm a little apprehensive about this weekend after another so-so set of games quality wise............ on another note ,anyone think HE should mix up the schedule? it seems we play the same teams at the same time every year. i think in 2009 we had NU last but wasn't it UNH the other times over the past 3-4 years? BU always early Dec, Vermont always in November etc
            *****

            Comment


            • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

              Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              i'm a little apprehensive about this weekend after another so-so set of games quality wise............ on another note ,anyone think HE should mix up the schedule? it seems we play the same teams at the same time every year. i think in 2009 we had NU last but wasn't it UNH the other times over the past 3-4 years? BU always early Dec, Vermont always in November etc
              The schedule seems to be working, so why eff with it? One could argue that playing UNH the last weekend is great preparation for the playoffs. Whoever they play in the first round will not be as skilled or as fast as UNH, so having them the last game raises BC's level of play.

              Just get a point this weekend and finish in 1st or 2nd place in the league. We all know the 1st place HE regular season trophy is meaningless. Would it be nice, sure, but the goal is to position themselves for the HE playoffs.

              Comment


              • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                I am going away this weekend, so I won't be at Conte. I was excited about being able to see the game on NESN (on the dish), then I see an ad last night that the Red Sox game is going to be on and the BC-UNH game is being moved to "NESN Plus." Any chance that's on the dish? If not, I will have to wait until the tape delay starts at 10:15 pm.

                Comment


                • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                  Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  i'm a little apprehensive about this weekend after another so-so set of games quality wise............ on another note ,anyone think HE should mix up the schedule? it seems we play the same teams at the same time every year. i think in 2009 we had NU last but wasn't it UNH the other times over the past 3-4 years? BU always early Dec, Vermont always in November etc
                  I remember BC/Maine and BU/UNH ending the regular season against each other for a couple years...2004-2005 maybe? Not sure how it's determined, but I do think the circumstances around BC/UNH meeting the last couple years is pretty cool.

                  Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                  Just get a point this weekend and finish in 1st or 2nd place in the league. We all know the 1st place HE regular season trophy is meaningless. Would it be nice, sure, but the goal is to position themselves for the HE playoffs.
                  While I don't think the RS title is meaningless, I pretty much agree with the rest of this. It's not like York is gonna rush Carey back in order to win the RS title. As you said, finishing at least 2nd is more important than winning the title.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                    Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                    The schedule seems to be working, so why eff with it? One could argue that playing UNH the last weekend is great preparation for the playoffs. Whoever they play in the first round will not be as skilled or as fast as UNH, so having them the last game raises BC's level of play.
                    good point on UNH being last as a good prep for the playoffs
                    *****

                    Comment


                    • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                      Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      I remember BC/Maine and BU/UNH ending the regular season against each other for a couple years...2004-2005 maybe? Not sure how it's determined, but I do think the circumstances around BC/UNH meeting the last couple years is pretty cool.



                      While I don't think the RS title is meaningless, I pretty much agree with the rest of this. It's not like York is gonna rush Carey back in order to win the RS title. As you said, finishing at least 2nd is more important than winning the title.
                      yeah, he wouldn't rush him for that but i wonder about what someone here or EA said about Milner if Muse wins friday night. if it were last years version of Milner i would say it's possible, this year? no way
                      *****

                      Comment


                      • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                        An outsider's opinion only...but if senior night is not a sellout after all they've accomplished and are probably yet to accomplish in their four years there, it would be a CRIME.
                        Hockeyenthusiast

                        Colgate Class of '03

                        -I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                          Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          yeah, he wouldn't rush him for that but i wonder about what someone here or EA said about Milner if Muse wins friday night. if it were last years version of Milner i would say it's possible, this year? no way
                          I think you would agree that Milner did in fact play up at UNH last year because of his play on the ice. I'd be stunned if we see Milner this weekend. Reason being is, if BC wins Friday...they're playing for the RS title Saturday night. If they lose Friday, they're still playing for playoff positioning.

                          Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                          An outsider's opinion only...but if senior night is not a sellout after all they've accomplished and are probably yet to accomplish in their four years there, it would be a CRIME.
                          I think the game is already sold out as is BC's allotment for Saturday's game in Durham.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                            Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            I think you would agree that Milner did in fact play up at UNH last year because of his play on the ice. I'd be stunned if we see Milner this weekend. Reason being is, if BC wins Friday...they're playing for the RS title Saturday night. If they lose Friday, they're still playing for playoff positioning..
                            absolutely agree, we have already seen him the last time this year


                            i hope this year is a catalyst for the future as far as fan interest is concerned. i have heard some say that it is partly because of football and b ball in a downward trend. i'd like to believe that due to it's success the people/students are coming out to support the hockey team and they like what they see not only on the ice but in conte itself. it is really fun to go to the games, the atmosphere is great..........
                            Last edited by sterlippo1; 03-01-2011, 12:10 PM.
                            *****

                            Comment


                            • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                              Both games are sold out. I managed to get tickets at conte right before they sold out in VV. I had to go on stubhub and buy the only tickets for sale at the Whitt. This weekend is gonna have HUGE implications.

                              As a student, I can say the atmosphere has definitely improved and that it seems like people are more connected to this team than they are to football and especially basketball. Football and basketball both are in down trends, but they are both still winning teams. Students seem to be buying into the team because they win a lot, which makes games more fun, which makes more people go, which makes it even more fun, which makes more people go, etc. The process is fueling itself. This team also just seems so easy to like

                              Comment


                              • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                                Originally posted by tomwarns View Post
                                Both games are sold out. I managed to get tickets at conte right before they sold out in VV. I had to go on stubhub and buy the only tickets for sale at the Whitt. This weekend is gonna have HUGE implications.

                                As a student, I can say the atmosphere has definitely improved and that it seems like people are more connected to this team than they are to football and especially basketball. Football and basketball both are in down trends, but they are both still winning teams. Students seem to be buying into the team because they win a lot, which makes games more fun, which makes more people go, which makes it even more fun, which makes more people go, etc. The process is fueling itself. This team also just seems so easy to like
                                it's good to get a student's take on it, maybe we can get more of their opinions
                                *****

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X