Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Everyone.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

was hoping we were #4 in the polls

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

That is exactly what it was......we always suck when we are ranked #1
      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

bump.So, we have two with UMass this weekend. They played Mack pretty tough last weekend though saturday's game was close in score only but friday's game could have gone either way. I would have like to see a Maine/Mack game or a UNH/NU game televised but NESN will carry both UVM-BU games. It will be interesting to see how both Maine and NU come out this wekend after both had impressive weeks/weekends. We are on CBS3Now. anyone know if that's ch. 261 friday night on comcast? there are 3 games listed 261-262-263 i think but 261 is cbs.............

Comment

Anything less than a sweep this weekend would be a complete abortion and have a lot of effects on the regular season title (depending on what happens with MC and UNH) and especially the pairwise.

I know they've been on a good run and had a strange week, which I'm ok with... but now it's time to kick it up a few notches. I really would like to see this team absolutely belt UMass in both games and keep pucks out of the net to ease my concerns on the defense. Get the PK units going again to gain some confidence there.

I will be interested to see what the lineup on defense looks like. Who sits? I think right now you put Macleod in there and see what he's got, I have a feeling they might need him in the NCAAs.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

UND to host nation's elite at 2011 Ice Breaker
            http://www.fightingsioux.com//ViewAr...CLID=205102100
            The 15th annual Ice Breaker Tournament will feature four of the most storied programs in NCAA men's hockey, including North Dakota and Boston College, currently the top two ranked teams in the country, as well as Michigan State and Air Force.
            Hopefully some of you BC fans will make the trip to Grand Forks.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post

Tempting. I came when BC played there in 2003. Is the Mike Mottau mural still up in REA?
              Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Anything less than a sweep this weekend would be a complete abortion and have a lot of effects on the regular season title (depending on what happens with MC and UNH) and especially the pairwise.

I know they've been on a good run and had a strange week, which I'm ok with... but now it's time to kick it up a few notches. I really would like to see this team absolutely belt UMass in both games and keep pucks out of the net to ease my concerns on the defense. Get the PK units going again to gain some confidence there.

I will be interested to see what the lineup on defense looks like. Who sits? I think right now you put Macleod in there and see what he's got, I have a feeling they might need him in the NCAAs.
                a continuation of saturday with a few more goals thrown in would do the trick and agree on McLeod. i wonder about Alber though and what's up with him. for so long he was one that we could count on to be steady albeit unspectacular and all of a sudden after the injury, PFFT! it's all gone and he is making errors all over the ice. i was not at the game saturday but am interested in someone who went to say how he looked. i would think that the milner thing is over for this year and we will see Muse in both games this weekend and from here on out. for sure, anything less that a four point weekend is a disaster . i had posted above about the TV thing for friday, i bet FL would know that...............FL??

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post

i am dying to go the REA but would it be safe for Eagle fans?

Comment

Unless plans change I should be out there with BCWH Superfan joe.

I believe we're taking Amtrak, actually. haha
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Unless plans change I should be out there with BCWH Superfan joe.

I believe we're taking Amtrak, actually. haha
                      How long is that?

As for this weekend, I wouldn't call three points a disaster, but ya, four is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        How long is that?
                        Minneapolis was 36 hours... I would get somewhere along the lines of 40-42?

Comment

**** I don't know if I could do that. Does Grand Forks have an airport?

Comment

Yes, GFK. It is expensive to fly in and out of since NW (Delta) is the only carrier there. (I don't count Allegiant) When I went many moons ago prices were north of $500, so I saved up miles. Both Fargo (1hr15) and Winnipeg (2h30) are drivable. (Note: if you go the Winnipeg route, don't expect the Pembina border guards to believe that you came all the way for a hockey game, so make sure they can see your jersey when they peer into the backseat. That turns them instantly friendly.)

Regardless, if you are serious about going start planning early. Costs are high to get in and out of there.
                            Last edited by Zudnic; 02-23-2011, 09:43 PM.
                            Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Taking the train to Minneapolis was incredible. You have to be in the right mindset for it, but if you go into it expecting to just chill, read, listen to your iPod, and watch the world go by in the observation car... I have to say, it's pretty zen. Haha
                              Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                              Yes, GFK. It is expensive to fly in and out of since NW (Delta) is the only carrier there. (I don't count Allegiant) When I went many moons ago prices were north of $500, so I saved up miles. Both Fargo (1hr15) and Winnipeg (2h30) are drivable. (Note: if you go the Winnipeg route, don't expect the Pembina border guards to believe that you came all the way for a hockey game, so make sure they can see your jersey when they peer into the backseat. That turns them instantly friendly.)

Regardless, if you are serious about going start planning early. Costs are high to get in and out of there.
                              I think the cheapest way to get out there other than bus (did that to Minneapolis too... no less interesting but way less fun.) is actually Amtrak. Which is cool.

Comment

i would go nuts taking that long of a train ride but some if not most say i'm already nuts. anyway, for those interested in TV or video (apparently no one besides me) here is what i found on UMass web site

Friday’s game will be televised live from the Mullins Center on CBS3 Now (Comcast 293, Charter 230). Streaming video will also be available on Friday through the UMass All-Access Package.

Comment

Working...
                                X