Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Everyone.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

i thought it was talked about that they are coming for one and we didnt want the second so someone else has them saturday night......... i am hoping for another big crowd at conte tomorrow night and NU always brings some fans so the atmoshpere should be great again

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      i thought it was talked about that they are coming for one and we didnt want the second so someone else has them saturday night......... i am hoping for another big crowd at conte tomorrow night and NU always brings some fans so the atmoshpere should be great again
      I wonder if a lot of NU fans will come or if they'll just sit this one out in anticipation of hearing it from the BC crowd.

Comment

BC can't come out flat this weekend against NU and expect to win relying on their speed and skill. Coming out flat means lack of physical play, and for whatever the reason MON, most of the fellas got dominated in board battles - most notably in their own end. The much smaller forwards had a difficult time especially against the bigger NU players (perhaps matched-up intentionally that way by Cronin?), but I even saw some of our defensemen get beaten this way more often than I liked - and 5'10 Alber was not one of them, so height wasn't really the cause of this with the defensive corps. I think NU takes a lot of pride in playing physical hockey and especially winning the board battles. It really kept them in the game and set up a lot of their scoring opportunities. Let's hope our boys step up the physical play in the boards and get everyone (this time) contributing to neutralizing this advantage NU had MON. I'd say that's the key to this weekend's matchup.
        BC '97
        Home/Road (yes, even outside Boston ) supporter

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
          I wonder if a lot of NU fans will come or if they'll just sit this one out in anticipation of hearing it from the BC crowd.
          we'll see..........i say they are there in full force. it's always good having them, makes it interesting

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            So all those games are away? Hopefully we at least get Denver here.
            Denver is coming to BC and BU in October for single games, from what I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
              Denver is coming to BC and BU in October for single games, from what I hear.
              if that is true, then our Out of conference schedule next season will be nasty.

Comment

milner tonight anyone? i think so

Comment

Hmm I say Muse

Comment

Interesting with the Cronin thing. I wonder if NU will galvanize or collapse.
                    Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

While Northeastern has played well the last two games...neither this game nor the Beanpot should have been close. The defense has been embarrassingly bad.

I know part of the reason the D looks bad is the fact that NU is playing well, but it has more to do with general sloppy play.
                      I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                        Interesting with the Cronin thing. I wonder if NU will galvanize or collapse.
                        You ain't cheatin you ain't tryin
                        I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

how about both!
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                            how about both!
                            Dmitri! Lobster and cracked crab for everyone!
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I better not see Patch Alber in the lineup tomorrow. He has been just awful since coming back from the jaw injury.
                              BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                              National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                              Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

****, you and Notheastern sure like to put on a show. Wish I could've watched both games.
                                Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Working...
                                X