Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Everyone.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

    Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
    Not that it really matters given the first three teams, but do you know who the 4th is?
    What was it this year? Wisconsin, BU, ND, and HC? If it follows a similar pattern, I would guess an Atlantic Hockey/ECAC rep. A cupcake for UND Well, unless it's Yale...

    Comment


    • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

      Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      Is it time to move Bill Arnold up to the 2nd line in place of Pat Mullane? I like Mullane, but I think Arnold has more talent/upside and deserves a shot.
      JMO, but I say no. Don't think they need to mess with anything right now.

      BTW, given that BC is 10-1 in their last 11, not sure there's any team in the country on a better roll. And even then, I think most would agree that BC hasn't even played their best hockey yet.

      Question: of the teams ranked ahead of BC in PWR, who would you most like to be matched up with in a regional?

      Yale in Bridgeport
      Denver
      North Dakota
      Minnesota-Duluth

      Comment


      • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

        Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        What was it this year? Wisconsin, BU, ND, and HC? If it follows a similar pattern, I would guess an Atlantic Hockey/ECAC rep. A cupcake for UND Well, unless it's Yale...
        It's going to be Air Force
        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

        Comment


        • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

          Arnold has really picked it up. 5 of his 6 goals this year have come in the last 13 games.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

          Comment


          • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

            Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            JMO, but I say no. Don't think they need to mess with anything right now.

            BTW, given that BC is 10-1 in their last 11, not sure there's any team in the country on a better roll. And even then, I think most would agree that BC hasn't even played their best hockey yet.

            Question: of the teams ranked ahead of BC in PWR, who would you most like to be matched up with in a regional?

            Yale in Bridgeport
            Denver
            North Dakota
            Minnesota-Duluth
            Yale* in a heartbeat.

            North Dakota is always scary but in the NCAAs they need to change their game or risk getting thumped by any team with a good PP unit. Because that team is a bunch of thugs, I've seen a lot of their games now and they are absolutely filthy dirty. Over the course of the season they can play that game but they would be fortunate to get away with that in a one and done format.

            Denver... we know we can beat them but do we want to try to beat them 3 times in one season? Tough call.

            UMD is a high-flying team that I think we could also beat. I'd take them 2nd after Yale* out of those 4 teams.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

            Comment


            • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

              Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              Yale* in a heartbeat.

              North Dakota is always scary but in the NCAAs they need to change their game or risk getting thumped by any team with a good PP unit. Because that team is a bunch of thugs, I've seen a lot of their games now and they are absolutely filthy dirty. Over the course of the season they can play that game but they would be fortunate to get away with that in a one and done format.

              Denver... we know we can beat them but do we want to try to beat them 3 times in one season? Tough call.

              UMD is a high-flying team that I think we could also beat. I'd take them 2nd after Yale* out of those 4 teams.
              One thing that doesn't concern me about either Yale or UND is their goaltending. Don't really know anything about UMD's goaltending, but I think I'd like to face them over the other three.

              Comment


              • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                Is it time to move Bill Arnold up to the 2nd line in place of Pat Mullane? I like Mullane, but I think Arnold has more talent/upside and deserves a shot.
                Don't know about moving up, but I'd still like to see Kreider/Carey together and the 2 Hayes together. Something like...

                Hayes Mullane Hayes (these 3 played very well offensively together at Dartmouth).
                Kreider Arnold Carey

                Or switch Mullane and Arnold.

                Almeida - T. Atkinson - S. Whitney
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

                Comment


                • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                  I hate to in any way put the kid down, but I still see Tatkinson as kind of the weak link on the team. Don't think he's on par with last years' grinders like Price, Almeida and Lombardi.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    JMO, but I say no. Don't think they need to mess with anything right now.

                    BTW, given that BC is 10-1 in their last 11, not sure there's any team in the country on a better roll. And even then, I think most would agree that BC hasn't even played their best hockey yet.

                    Question: of the teams ranked ahead of BC in PWR, who would you most like to be matched up with in a regional?

                    Yale in Bridgeport
                    Denver
                    North Dakota
                    Minnesota-Duluth
                    A-Yale in Bridgeport
                    I'm all set with UND and DU until the FF, if we get there .......don't know a whole lot about UMD except that they are real good apparently..........oh, yeah, and i can drive to Bridgeport
                    Last edited by sterlippo1; 01-30-2011, 02:15 PM.
                    *****

                    Comment


                    • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                      Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      A-Yale in Bridgeport
                      I'm all set with UND and DU until the FF, if we get there .......don't know a whole lot about UMD except that they are real good apparently..........oh, yeah, and i can drive to Bridgeport
                      UMD's not so good. By that, I mean I think they're a good team... but not AS good as their ranking suggests, they're kind of like Yale of the WCHA. Good record, weak schedule outside of conference play. Goaltending is the weak link. It's definitely behind UND and DU's goaltending. They're a good offensive team though, so they can be successful if they score more than they give up. I think they kind of rely on their powerplay to provide offense and good penalty-killing teams can thwart that and then UMD's in trouble IMO.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                        Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
                        UMD's not so good. By that, I mean I think they're a good team... but not AS good as their ranking suggests, they're kind of like Yale of the WCHA. Good record, weak schedule outside of conference play..
                        The competition within conference in the ECAC is night/day compared to that in the WCHA (obviously). I would think that if UMD can hang with UND, DU, CC, etc, that they are pretty **** good. Yale* is a joke and Ive been saying it all year. Any quality team should knock themselves over to play Yale* in the NCAAs. Drawing them in your bracket is like a free pass to St. Paul.
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

                        Comment


                        • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                          *****http://www.gifsoup.com/view3/1858170/bc-owns-millan-o.gif******

                          This was my favorite goal of the year I think.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14


                          Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

                          Comment


                          • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                            Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                            I hate to in any way put the kid down, but I still see Tatkinson as kind of the weak link on the team. Don't think he's on par with last years' grinders like Price, Almeida and Lombardi.
                            I agree that T. Atkinson is the "weak link", but someone has to be. Yes, BC's 4th line last year was better than this year's version, but that was a special group of forwards in that there was so much versatility. Everyone had a role and executed it well. At the same time, if BC loses, it's not gonna be because of T. Atkinson. Interesting that he seems to have earned a spot over Brown (unless there's an injury I don't know about). There's really not a big difference between the two right now IMO. I do worry when I see Atkinson go to hit somebody for fear he'll end up in the box.

                            Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                            The competition within conference in the ECAC is night/day compared to that in the WCHA (obviously). I would think that if UMD can hang with UND, DU, CC, etc, that they are pretty **** good. Yale* is a joke and Ive been saying it all year. Any quality team should knock themselves over to play Yale* in the NCAAs. Drawing them in your bracket is like a free pass to St. Paul.
                            Come on man, it's fair to say Yale very well might be overrated...but a joke?

                            Comment


                            • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                              Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
                              they can be successful if they score more than they give up.
                              This is John Madden-level genius right here.
                              ...At life. And Goaltending. BC '11

                              Tried to draft Jerry York in the first round of fantasy hockey.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

                                Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                *****http://www.gifsoup.com/view3/1858170/bc-owns-millan-o.gif******

                                This was my favorite goal of the year I think.
                                or any year
                                *****

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X