Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Everyone.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

how sweep it is
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
      how sweep it is
      indeed, now lets sweep the weekend tonight in a packed conte

Comment

Anyone know why Barry Almeida didn't dress last night?

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
          Anyone know why Barry Almeida didn't dress last night?
          York said he got hit against Maine and was feeling lightheaded throughout the week, so they decided to play it safe and rest him. Said there's a chance he could be back tonight.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Looks like Macleod is the odd man out these days. I realize he's a freshman, but you'd think with his talent they'd shake up the lineup somehow to get him on the ice instead of TAtkinson or Brown. Didn't he play forward earlier in the year and I know that Alber has played forward?

Comment

I know it makes no sense so why am i rooting for UNH tonight? also, did anyone look at the box score of the women's loss at PC last night? they out shot the Friars 33-5 in the third period, yes, i said 33-5 in the PERIOD and were out scored in said period 2-0, losing 3-1

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                I know it makes no sense so why am i rooting for UNH tonight? also, did anyone look at the box score of the women's loss at PC last night? they out shot the Friars 33-5 in the third period, yes, i said 33-5 in the PERIOD and were out scored in said period 2-0, losing 3-1
                also rooting for UNH because i dont give a crap about the RS title. that said, if bu manages to win - i will be happy gaining ground on the mildcats. it is a win/win. and that is a wild box score, but to be fair - PC scored 30 secs in and then again on a ENG. but yeah 2 goals on 5 shots vs none on 33 shots is unheard of. reminds me of the time BC outshot bu in the beanpot 51-17 and lost 2-1.

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                Looks like Macleod is the odd man out these days. I realize he's a freshman, but you'd think with his talent they'd shake up the lineup somehow to get him on the ice instead of TAtkinson or Brown. Didn't he play forward earlier in the year and I know that Alber has played forward?
                i think the line combos last night were pretty obvious and as they were expected to be at the beginning of the season (save for atkinson in for almeida). Alber is just too good defensively to move him up to forward. i think the injuries to cross, hayes, and alber had a nice silver lining in that macloed and tom atkinson got extended looks in case the coaches had to go to him later in the year for depth. obviously Macloed will be a big part of the team later on down the road.

As far as having him in at forward instead of brown, i think that is unlikely to happen again because of the size and energy that brown gives you is needed on that line. macloed was listed at forward one game, but i'm 95% sure he didnt take any shifts. In that game, cross got hurt and macloed was available to play defense later in the game. I think York dressed him as the 7th d man but had to list him at forward on the line charts.

i'm excited to see if kevin hayes can get some chemistry going with barry at some point. i was happy to see mullane and arnold promoted because of their respective play as of late. i think the hayes/mullane/krieder line was a necessary move.

Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012

Comment

Sure MacLeod is talented, but you can't play Alber at forward because he is playing so **** well and you can't break up the 4th line just to dress another defensemen. The 4th line even with Tommy Atkinson has been great. Just like last year how the 4th line of Lombardi-Price-Almeida was a huge part in winning the national title.
                  BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                  National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                  Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

I keep seeing this nonsense about how bu was such a young team and it was just good that they were able to skate with such a veteran BC team. Last night bu skated 1 senior, 5 juniors, 7 sophs, and 6 freshman; where as, BC skated 3 seniors, 6 juniors, 7 sophs and 3 freshman. so you are talking 13 vs 10 underclassman - but when you dig a little deeper: macgregor (fr) was only in because ruikka (jr) was hurt. and then you have sophomores ben rosen, justin courntall and ryan santana, who all suck hard, scattered throughout the lineup and could easily be replaced by kevin gilroy (jr) - not to mention the departed andy glass (jr)

so in reality you are talking 10 underclassmen vs 11 or 12. BFD. sounds like an excuse to me.

Comment

I keep seeing this nonsense about how bu was such a young team and it was just good that they were able to skate with such a veteran BC team. Last night bu skated 1 senior, 5 juniors, 7 sophs, and 6 freshman; where as, BC skated 3 seniors, 6 juniors, 7 sophs and 3 freshman. so you are talking 13 vs 10 underclassman - but when you dig a little deeper: macgregor (fr) was only in because ruikka (jr) was hurt. and then you have sophomores ben rosen, justin courntall and ryan santana, who all suck hard, scattered throughout the lineup and could easily be replaced by kevin gilroy (jr) - not to mention the departed andy glass (jr)

so in reality you are talking 10 underclassmen vs 11 or 12. BFD. sounds like an excuse to me.
                      good point ................but we like when they herald these moral victories

Comment

Almeida is back in tonight; Brown is out. Looks like Milner is going to start.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                          Almeida is back in tonight; Brown is out. Looks like Milner is going to start.
                          i'm not surprised about that

Comment

Big weekend. 4 points. Gained two points on UNH and BU. North Dakota lost on Friday so we could move up to #2 in the rankings.
                            BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                            National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                            Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                              Big weekend. 4 points. Gained two points on UNH and BU. North Dakota lost on Friday so we could move up to #2 in the rankings.
                              but we really dont want to move up in the rankings yet............super turnout by the students in a nearly sold out conte,it missed a sellout by a couple hundred .just about the entire upper level on the visitor's side was packed with students . UML is just never an easy out for us and tonight was no different. another instance where you look at the opponent's record and then how they bring their A game against us and wonder why they have won so few times.it was really fun atmosphere there tonight

Comment

Not really concerned with MacLeod out of the lineup right now. I think he got some good experience and didn't look out of place. Nothing flashy or spectacular, but some quality PT. The good thing here is tonight was the first time BC has been at full strength in a long time. York has some options right now. This team has not hit its stride yet and their best hockey is ahead of them.

reminds me of the time BC outshot bu in the beanpot 51-17 and lost 2-1.
                                was that against fields? thought BC ended up winning that pot in OT?

as for this weekend, anytime you get 4 points, it's a great weekend. now, time to look at the film and see what can be corrected for the rematch with UML on Friday.

17-6 (13-5) looks pretty good right now

Comment

Working...
                                X