Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Everyone.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    i had thought that this would be the weekend that UNH would play one of those two games in hand they have on us but they actually will pick up another. they have their annual game with Dartmouth and no HE games this weekend and we have the one at Maine. huge game for the boys as we dont want to just stay even with UNH and them have 3 games in hand..........gotta get this one sunday but you know they'll be ready for us as they always are up there
    I think BC is in good shape, seeing as Maine is their only game this weekend. I don't think the Black Bears can overlook Providence on Friday night. Providence certainly plays a much different game than BC.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

I am much more concerned about Maine from a PWR (TUC) point of view than the HE standings.
      Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

the ezac eggheads have all gone silent, but i noticed that doormat colgate lost a 2-1 game to juggernaut union last night. i remember when BC eeked out a one goal win over the raiders (despite being without 4 key players) it was practically still an upset for team toothpaste.
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
          I am much more concerned about Maine from a PWR (TUC) point of view than the HE standings.
          BC holds a 3-1 lead over Maine right now in the comparision. Maine hasnt reached the TUC cliff yet but their record in those games is dreadful so far. A win for BC would pretty much seal the deal; but a loss wouldnt really change much. clearly, overall rpi/tuc/coop would be affected - which is possibly what you meant.

Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012

Comment

Michael Matheson to BC

For the fall of 2012. Chose BC over BU and UVM. Top notch offensive d-man with top notch skating. Projected as a 2012 1st round pick.

Now, the question is, will he actually come here? When's the last time BC had a kid from Quebec on the roster?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Michael Matheson to BC

For the fall of 2012. Chose BC over BU and UVM. Top notch offensive d-man with top notch skating. Projected as a 2012 1st round pick.

Now, the question is, will he actually come here? When's the last time BC had a kid from Quebec on the roster?
              I'm most interested in the fact that it is reportedly for 2012. A kid like that you'd like to get on campus as soon as possible because you never know how long he'll last and BC had reportedly put the offer out for as early as 2011. I still have to wonder if he's going to change to 2011 or if he heads to Dubuque.
              Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 01-15-2011, 05:46 PM.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                I'm most interested in the fact that it is reportedly for 2012. A kid like that you'd like to get on campus as soon as possible because you never know how long he'll last and BC had reportedly put the offer out for as early as 2011. I still have to wonder if he's going to change to 2011 or if he heads to Dubuque.
                that would obviously depend on departures. they have no D recruits for next year - and technically expect to return all 7 guys. so if cross or dumoulin bolts, i would imagine they would explore accelerating him.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                  that would obviously depend on departures. they have no D recruits for next year - and technically expect to return all 7 guys. so if cross or dumoulin bolts, i would imagine they would explore accelerating him.
                  Hard to guess with tommy's injury deal. Would the bruins rush to sign him? Or would they tell him "play injury free, get your degree, then we'll take care of things.". Though when he was recruited the 'college degree' push by Jerry was a selling point. Domoulin, who knows?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'd be shocked if the B's signed Cross after this season; way too many injury issues to rush him. With all the likely early departures at forward, am guessing that Alber will be switched to forward next year, which leaves us with only 6 D-men, and 5 if Domoulin leaves. Personally I'd push for this kid to come next year as he's probably not going to stay long so you might as well get as many years as possible out of him.

Comment

The other guys who I'm wondering about whether they come in 2011 or 2012 are Straight and Sit, both forwards with early 93 birthdates. If Atkinson, Kreider and JHayes all leave early as expected, I'm guessing at least one will come next year, with Straight likely being more ready coming from the BCHL vs Sit playing MN HS. While we are likely to lose a lot of talent up front, we should still be able to cobble together a couple decent scoring lines with guys like KHayes, Arnold, Carey, Mullane, SWhitney, Almeida, Tiefenwerth & Straight.

Comment

BC has a kid named "Sit" and another kid named "Straight"? LOL.
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                          I don't see a BC recruit thread on here, but I've heard reports that Edina High School (MN) forward Michael Sit has committed to BC.
                          http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/roster_pl...ubseason=27330
                          I had no problem with the link. Does anyone know for sure if BC has offered a scholarship to this kid? By the comments at the following link, http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_arti...errer_id=32770 , it looks like he may be a walk-on.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Michael Matheson to BC

This articles makes it seem like he is extremely committed to the college game due to the few number of games and more practice/weightlifting/working on his body time.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-Matheson.html

Rated as the top prospect available for the Quebec League draft this past summer, Matheson visited both Baie-Comeau and Halifax (the teams with the first two picks), but also made it clear to everyone when the time came that he had made a decision to follow the NCAA route.

“I didn’t make a decision until two weeks before the draft,” Matheson said. “We didn’t hide anything. They knew for sure I wasn’t coming, every team knew.”

Which is why Matheson ended up as Shawinigan’s second round pick, 27th overall. Not that he was swayed. The young blueliner has narrowed his choice of schools down to four suitors – Boston College, Boston University, Northeastern and Vermont. Geographically, the three Boston schools and UVM all keep him fairly close to home, while offering a top-notch program where he can hone his game.

“Hockey-wise, it takes longer for defensemen to develop,” Matheson said. “With college there’s fewer games, more practice time, more time for sure in the gym to develop my body and give it time to mature.”

At 6-foot-1 and 169 pounds, Matheson has a great frame to build on and the reigning Quebec midget AAA rookie of the year is proving he can put up numbers on a consistent basis. The Lions stalwart is leading the league in scoring by a defenseman with nine goals and 26 points in 19 games. But once again, his success isn’t limited to sublime skill.
                            Last edited by Eaglefan06; 01-16-2011, 11:31 PM.
                            BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                            National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                            Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Sooo perhaps people were too crushed by the Pats losing to comment on the game tonight...

Not gonna get all worked up about this one...it happens. Just wasn't BC's night.

Actually thought BC looked pretty good early on. Maine had a great PP last year with all their guys coming back, so I don't care what the numbers might say. That's a dangerous PP. While I don't like the way they call open ice hitting from behind at the collegiate level, Joe Whitney has to know by now to refrain from those types of hits. On the ensuing PP, Carey went off on a bad change...he should have stayed with the play. Him going off really created a virtual 5-on-3 and Maine capitalized before the guy off the bench could get back in the play.

2nd Maine goal: last minute of the period--killer. 4th line on the ice, Tommy Atkinson falls asleep and doesn't tie up House.

3rd Maine goal: first minute of a period--another killer. Think maybe Dumoulin could have been a little more aggressive in going at Flynn. Instead, he was a little indecisive and I believe screened Muse in the process.

4th Maine goal: Cross loses his stick, eventually preventing him from getting to a loose puck. Not sure if Muse was screened, but it looked like the shot either hit something or was a bit of a knuckleball.

Timeout, goalie change. Starman a little inconsistent saying Muse had no chance on the 3rd goal and then saying that's one he'd like back. Either way, BC appeared to get a little rattled in this game. Obviously giving up the late goal in the first and the early goal in the second put this game away. The game just got away from them a little bit. It happens, even to good teams.

Props to Milner for coming in and playing very well. Not a bad wakeup call tonight for BC. Maine is simply a better team than their record/play indicates. They are more talented than BU and I think a win like this for them will carry them on a run.

Certainly some things for the coaches to go over, not a bad thing. With the loss, however, sets up an even bigger game with BU on Friday.

Comment

^^ very big game friday and BU has been playing a lot better since that weekend vs us...........

Comment

Working...
                                X