Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Everyone.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    What the heck is it then? I'm easy to please when it comes to pizza, but when I lived in Allston...Bravo was #1.
    i've never been, but reading their menu - crust, grated romano, olive oil, fresh garlic, oregano. sounds interesting.

http://www.pepespizzeria.com/menus.php
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part II - We Still Have Jerry York. Sorry, Every

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
      Pepe's white clam and garlic might be the most incredible pizza I've ever had.
      I've never had it, but I've heard that it might be the best pizza in the world, believe it or not.

As far as Pepe's/Sally's: Be prepared for an extremely long wait both before and after you are seated. It depends on the hour of the day but you can be waiting an hour or so to be seated and then another hour or so to get your pizza. But I assure you, it's worth it.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

To each their own, but white clam pizza sounds absolutely disgusting
        I thought the same thing until my brother-in-law talked me into trying it. OMG, I needed a cigarette afterwards, and I don't smoke!
        When my daughter was as QU, we'd make a trip. Tried Sally's one time, meh.

Hey, does us MC fans a favor, and take care of ME this weekend.
        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I don't see a BC recruit thread on here, but I've heard reports that Edina High School (MN) forward Michael Sit has committed to BC.
          http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/roster_pl...ubseason=27330
          "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
            Look it up, they have had quite a few tie's, losses and one goal wins the past few years at PC. It's never an easy place to play for BC.

Also, they were 0-5 on the PP Friday night, so misleading or not, they failed to score a power play goal in 13 tries against Providence College. Needs to improve to sustain this winning streak.
            doesn't it appear that our teams aren't exactly road warriors anymore. they struggle at PC, they struggle at UVM, they struggle at maine, they struggle at UNH. is this the nba or what?? i guess i shouldnt be surprised because the recent teams rarely had any wowing regular seasons - so the losses must come somewhere.

i guess thank god we own agganis!
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
              doesn't it appear that our teams aren't exactly road warriors anymore. they struggle at PC, they struggle at UVM, they struggle at maine, they struggle at UNH. is this the nba or what?? i guess i shouldnt be surprised because the recent teams rarely had any wowing regular seasons - so the losses must come somewhere.

i guess thank god we own agganis!
              and you're right of course. the last 5 years have produced these road records:
              05-06 7-7-1
              06-07 10-6-1
              07-08 8-3-4*
              08-09 5-7-5
              09-10 7-6-3*
              * National Champions
              strange that the best road record percentage wise in that stretch was the 07-08 team that racked up most of their losses at home with the unfathomable (for a National Championship team) 4-7-3 HE home record and 6-7-4 overall home record. so you're right on. the last 5 years have produced 3 mediocre road records and 2 pretty good ones.........not really deserving of the title "Road Warriors" but i like the final results though

Comment

was it '08-'09 where they found every way possible to lose at home?

Comment

I remember that as the year of the ties

Comment

more than a couple losses/ties came right at the end of games IIRC (UML and NU come to mind)

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      more than a couple losses/ties came right at the end of games IIRC (UML and NU come to mind)
                      That UML game stuck with me the Petrecki penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                        That UML game stuck with me the Petrecki penalty.
                        Don't get me started on that call...

Comment

I remember that crap game at UVM when they tied it with like a second to go. That one sticks in my head.

Comment

Hobey Baker fan voting has started. BC nominees are Brian Gibbons, Cam Atkinson & John Muse - vote early, vote often: http://bit.ly/voteBC

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                            HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                            HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                              Hobey Baker fan voting has started. BC nominees are Brian Gibbons, Cam Atkinson & John Muse - vote early, vote often: http://bit.ly/voteBC
                              .......when Nathan Gerbe didn't win in it 2008, i was completely done with this award, it is meaningless to me now, not to mention the fact that the next winner wasn't even the best player on his team, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                .......when Nathan Gerbe didn't win in it 2008, i was completely done with this award, it is meaningless to me now, not to mention the fact that the next winner wasn't even the best player on his team, IMO
                                he wasn't the 'most talented', if that's what you are getting at. but he was, without question, the best HOCKEY PLAYER on the team. highest level of combined talent, leadership, patience, and moxie.

literally (), a man amongst boys.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X