Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shillelagh Tournament Thread (BU, Brown, Notre Dame, Minnesota St)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shillelagh Tournament Thread (BU, Brown, Notre Dame, Minnesota St)

Whats up with the shootout?

Comment

ND won the shootout, ericredaxe.
      Never waste your money on b2live games. The only thing worse than their product is their service.

Comment

Thanks... I guess I should have asked... why the shootout? I didn't realize college hockey was doing those this year? Is that something unique to the Shilleagh tournament?

Comment

Yeah, I think it was tournament specific. I think it was just to determine 3rd place. According to the Boston Hockey blog guys, the shootout loss won't count against BU's pairwise replacement (PWR) calculation, but I might have that wrong.
          Never waste your money on b2live games. The only thing worse than their product is their service.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnTheBoats View Post
            Yeah, I think it was tournament specific. I think it was just to determine 3rd place. According to the Boston Hockey blog guys, the shootout loss won't count against BU's pairwise replacement (PWR) calculation, but I might have that wrong.
            Shootouts never count nationally, even in conference games that use a shootout. This shootout was only for 3rd place seeding.

BU won't have to worry about PWR anyway. That ship has sailed (and been burned).
            Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 01-02-2011, 08:44 PM.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

If BU keeps playing this way, they will not have to worry about the PWR.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                Shootouts never count nationally, even in conference games that use a shootout. This shootout was only for 3rd place seeding.

BU won't have to worry about PWR anyway. That ship has sailed (and been burned).
                I like that you quoted BurnTheBoats and talked about a boat burning. That's neat.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Haha. There's a lot of season left. We're down but not out.

Yet.

Comment

I forgot that the last 2-2.5 months of the season were left out of the PWR, thank you for enlightening me.
                    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      I like that you quoted BurnTheBoats and talked about a boat burning. That's neat.
                      Uh, yeah. Neat....
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                        I forgot that the last 2-2.5 months of the season were left out of the PWR, thank you for enlightening me.
                        No, they are very included. That's BU's problem.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

No, they are very included. That's BU's problem.
                          you're a smart one.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                            Nice job vs. Oklahoma last night.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                              Nice job vs. Oklahoma last night.
                              even worse day today.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACyadlq7X3c

Comment

Working...
                                X