Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vermont @ St. Lawrence 7 pm...Predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vermont @ St. Lawrence 7 pm...Predictions?

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
    yes! shoot much more! I love seeing stacey all over the scoring sheet. He's been the one consistent factor this year. Him and Stalberg. I'm guessing Madore was just a bit rusty coming in midgame. I'm hoping he has a strong third period and the cats can light it up and take this game. Who knows though. They first need to focus on tying the game
    Stalberg is coming around, he was pretty quiet at the start of the season... I was wondering if his end of season surger was a bit of a fluke. I am wondering the same thing about Burrows. And in all honestly, I am thinking with the way the D is playing Sneddon may do well to send Burrows back to the blue line for real. Burrows is a solid player, but that offensive spark from last year seem to have died out, there are some players that may benefit from that ice time. Albertson has been solid in the limited ice time he has had, and Brooks Herrington was a scoring stud albiet at prep school but he is spending most of his time on the bench... and again D is not looking all that solid.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      Stalberg is coming around, he was pretty quiet at the start of the season... I was wondering if his end of season surger was a bit of a fluke. I am wondering the same thing about Burrows. And in all honestly, I am thinking with the way the D is playing Sneddon may do well to send Burrows back to the blue line for real. Burrows is a solid player, but that offensive spark from last year seem to have died out, there are some players that may benefit from that ice time. Albertson has been solid in the limited ice time he has had, and Brooks Herrington was a scoring stud albiet at prep school but he is spending most of his time on the bench... and again D is not looking all that solid.
      3rd period prediction, Burrows is in a goal to record a point.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        Seems like you know more about Herrington than I do. I do feel like Burrows did well at the blue line. The defense often looks slow and discombobulated. The open style of hockey they're playing is pretty exciting, but this team is NOT EVEN CLOSE to defensively sound. What's been up with Lawson this year? Ever since his season during the frozen four appearance, he hasnt been the same.

Comment

Seems like you know more about Herrington than I do. I do feel like Burrows did well at the blue line. The defense often looks slow and discombobulated. The open style of hockey they're playing is pretty exciting, but this team is NOT EVEN CLOSE to defensively sound. What's been up with Lawson this year? Ever since his season during the frozen four appearance, he hasnt been the same.
          well Positive note for Lawson, he has 3 points compared to 6 all of last season, so he should surpass last seasons total, but he still should be far short of 2008-2009 campaign. I don't know what his deal is, with him I think it is trying to shoot too much, seems like a lot of his shots aren't on net. Not sure if he is just pulling the trigger with out waiting for a lane to open up or what the deal is...

Regarding Herrington, he did well at Gunnery but again it's not the USHL or anything. That said his play against DU didn't look spectacular, and at this point he needs to put on some weight and muscle. I think he just needs a year to work on strength and conditioning. Then hopefully he can turn it up.

Comment

Definitly should have left Vazzano in. And what in the world is with all the penalities. I have a feeling looking at all the tripping and holding calls UVM is getting very badly outskated. They need to move their feet. Other option is the refs are having a horrid game....

Comment

When you can't beat a team as bad as SLU, might as well look forward to next year. UVM stinks too though. Kudos to SLU for beating a horrid vermont squad.

Comment

When you can't beat a team as bad as SLU, might as well look forward to next year. UVM stinks too though. Kudos to SLU for beating a horrid vermont squad.
                Not sure what the deal is with the Cats but yeah they are just outright horrible. Something needs to happen. McCarthy isn't producing, Sneddon ought to sit McCarthy, Lawson, and Madore against OSU. Move Burrows back to D, let Vazzano play and give the kid a chance, and make the team really hate to lose..... Positive note, is they scored 4 or more goals to games in a row and chased the starting netminder two games in a row. Negitive, they gave up waaaaayyyy to many goals and are not playing good defensive hockey, which should be strong point. Something needs to drastically change on Defense.

Comment

Fortunately next year is less than 15 days from now. Unfortunately, with team in disarray, it won't matter. I know you probably meant like next season....when the goal scoring kids arrive.
                  Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Working...
                  X