Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AIC Represent!! 2010-20?? Thread

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It took you 14 posts to get this up?! I'm disappointed.
    Not to mention 4 months.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Want a rumor???

How about the NE-10 having all the schools play in the NE-10???

Think about it and how one can make it work...
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
        Springfield is one New England's ****iest cities. 15 murders this year; it's a blurping cesspool/Petri dish.
        You are right about Springfield not being the safest of cities. That is hurting the attendance for the AHL Springfield Falcons as well. Even though there are hockey arenas in Springfield, AIC plays all of their home games in the next town over: West Springfield, Ma. at the Olympia Ice Center, seating for about 1200.

AIC has been around for a very long time and have never had a lot of success. I am a UMASS fan and live in W. Springfield, and watch A.I.C. when UMASS is not playing. They are a strange team in that they can surprise many teams when they least expect it, even though I must admit it isn't very often.
        This season for example:
        AIC-5 @ USAF-3
        AIC 5 @ Mercyhurst-2
        AIC 3 @ Mercyhurst-0
        RIT-2 @ AIC-6
        AIC-0 @ Minn. State 1

and a couple of yrs. ago at Dartmouth a 3-3 OT-Tie after they gave up the tying goal at the 19:99 mark of the 3rd period.
        Arenas Visited:
        Mullins Center, Umass
        Schneider Arena, Providence
        Tsongas Arena, Ma. Lowell
        Gutterson Field House, Vt.
        Agganis Arena, BU
        [B]Freitas Ice Forum, Uconn[/
        Kohl Center, Wisconsin
        Thompson Arena, Dartmouth
        Whittemore Center, UNH
        Cheel Center, Clarkson
        Appleton Arena, St. Lawrence
        J. Thom Lawler Arena, Merrimack
        TD Bank Sports Ctr., Quinnipiac
        Houston Field House, RPI
        Olympia Ice Center, A.I.C.
        Ingalls Rink, Yale
        [COLOR="#800080"]Hart Ice Center, Holy Cross[/COLOR]

Comment

That sweep of Mercyhurst still confuses me. I can see AIC stealing 1 game of a weekend, but them sweeping was a puzzler.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by umassattack View Post
            You are right about Springfield not being the safest of cities. That is hurting the attendance for the AHL Springfield Falcons as well. Even though there are hockey arenas in Springfield, AIC plays all of their home games in the next town over: West Springfield, Ma. at the Olympia Ice Center, seating for about 1200.

AIC has been around for a very long time and have never had a lot of success. I am a UMASS fan and live in W. Springfield, and watch A.I.C. when UMASS is not playing. They are a strange team in that they can surprise many teams when they least expect it, even though I must admit it isn't very often.
            This season for example:
            AIC-5 @ USAF-3
            AIC 5 @ Mercyhurst-2
            AIC 3 @ Mercyhurst-0
            RIT-2 @ AIC-6
            AIC-0 @ Minn. State 1

and a couple of yrs. ago at Dartmouth a 3-3 OT-Tie after they gave up the tying goal at the 19:99 mark of the 3rd period.
            Last year they were tied with RPI 2-2 well into the 3rd period. RPI needed a late PPG from Jerry D'Amigo to win it, and AIC had some good chances to go ahead in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Last year they were tied with RPI 2-2 well into the 3rd period. RPI needed a late PPG from Jerry D'Amigo to win it, and AIC had some good chances to go ahead in that game.

And AIC beat RIT last year......grrrrrrrrrrr!
              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Want a rumor???

How about the NE-10 having all the schools play in the NE-10???

Think about it and how one can make it work...
                How about never, I like never.
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I didn't know people watched this team. AIC sucks something awful. Should College Hockey realign, I hope they trim out teams like AIC from D1. RIT, RM, NU, I'd welcome to the EZ-AC. Air Force to WCHA. Then let us bid adieu to the perennial basement dwellers.

Comment

Also, AIC chased about 4 goaltenders from the game, if not more. At least one was a first string goalie. Maybe more? Seems like more. The problem was that the backup that day usually shut down AIC the rest of the game.
                    In the Mercyhurst game, Mercyhurst allowed AIC to attack and continue to attack. Once (AIC)they gained confidence, it was like they said to themselves. wow, they're allowing us to skate. Mesdner made so early good saves, they started skating and really controlling the puck and the play, and everything clicked, and Mercyhurst didn't change their game. Mercyhurst's goalie did his bestto hold them in the game, but AIC just broke through with continued pressure. Even some of the home fans commented how AIC dominated the play and deserved to win.

And AIC does have their first recruit.
                    NAHL Jake Williams - D Alaska
                    57 5 42 47 +22 82 1 19 0 4 2 145 .034
                    but he struggled in the playoffs.
                    3 0 2 2 -5 0 0 1 0 0 0 5 .000

Comment

oh, jerseys.... This may be the best time to contact the team. they got new jerseys for the game in Hartford, so their old jerseys may just be for sale???

Comment

Flooding the page. AIC has two games at Michigan Tech in early October! Here is hoping for at least two more OOC games this year. Who has the balls* to play AIC? Only Union has on a consistent basic lately. (props to teams like Minnesota State last year and RPI ho has scheduled two games vs AIC withing the last 10 years)

* - of course I mean not to worry about what it does to your rankings. This is the major bane of college football.

Comment

Looks like AIC will also play Union at an unknown date. I am really really hoping they can get at least two more non conference games! Come on teams! Help out a brother. =]

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                            Flooding the page. AIC has two games at Michigan Tech in early October! Here is hoping for at least two more OOC games this year. Who has the balls* to play AIC? Only Union has on a consistent basic lately. (props to teams like Minnesota State last year and RPI ho has scheduled two games vs AIC withing the last 10 years)

* - of course I mean not to worry about what it does to your rankings. This is the major bane of college football.
                            The last thing Michigan Tech is worried about at this point is hurting their PWR.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Who else is not worried! Schedule some more teams AIC!!!

Comment

Does AIC ever get any home NC games?

Comment

Working...
                                X