X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence - 2009-10 In-season Thread

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    No, you fool.

I said Army was not a second tier program and was not a joke, as mentioned by another.

they are though having an off year and a loss to them by RPI in this guys world would be unexpected.

Army is a storried great program and a top notch program Does not mean they dont have off years

You fool, try reading next time instead off flapping your gums.
    Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
    Army has had two winning seasons since 1998.

About as top notch as PC under Coach Army. You state that you have seen PC play 4 games. My question is 4 games this season or under Army in his tenure?

BTW using your number below, RPI has 8 wins. That is better then PC. Is there a parade in Troy?
    Providence College
    National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
      Army has had two winning seasons since 1998.
      Do not bring your facts in here!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
        About as top notch as PC under Coach Army. You state that you have seen PC play 4 games. My question is 4 games this season or under Army in his tenure?

BTW using your number below, RPI has 8 wins. That is better then PC. Is there a parade in Troy?
        Probably not but you never know. PC91 knows what every coach in the countries opinion is on 1 goal losses so stranger things have happened.

losing 10 games by one goal means one thing, you lost.

4 this season
        At Notre Dame(2), Northeastern and Lowell

Comment

If you had stumbled into the PC vs ND game or them vs Northeastern, U Mas Lowell, U Mass etc and were an RPI fan, you would ahve felt the same way about them,
          You continue to be all excited about a group of October hockey games. Looking at those wins now they're not all that "quality" after all. Notre Dame has been a disappointment with a .500 record at 8-8 so that win isn't nearly as "eye opening" as you might've thought at the time. Lowell and Umass are now middle of the pack Hockey East teams and have fallen off a little as well after their starts.

It's my opinion that PC will be doing well within the next year and will be further up the food chain then RPI.
          And you clearly thought that going into this season as well, based on your rah-rah cheerleading after beating Brown and Bowling Green. And now where are they?

You seem to be totally incapable of acknowledging the current state of this program. A last place Hockey East team last year. A last place Hockey East team this year. You are thinking things are going to get THAT much better, based on what? Army?? A coach with no indication, whatsoever, of being able to recruit AND develop the players who are here? What in the world are you basing your faith on?

It's like you are watching a whole different game than everyone else. So what if they lose by a goal and outshot the other team. The team looks lost to me -- not like they're not giving an effort, just clueless in their strategy. You don't lose to Dartmouth and get swept by Maine if you've "turned the corner" so to speak. This team hasn't "turned the corner" at all. BTW Beaudry looked anything like a "stud" Friday night, so I think that kind of praise is a little over the top. He's good, and playing on a struggling team, but he's not an elite goaltender. Not in this conference, not yet...and was terrible Friday. Be honest.

If you want to see progression, win games in December, January and February. Get some points in conference games that matter. Good teams don't play their best hockey in October. Or haven't you been watching hockey enough to know that?

Would though be nice to see thiose 2 go at it again in a national championship game. That would rock the establishment
          That would require a commitment from PC beyond its current level. If they care so little about the sport that they extend a losing coach's tenure through 2013 then obviously national titles are not anything in the world they care about.

Because there is no way in the world Tim Army will ever, ever, be coaching a national title game at PC or anywhere else. No chance. At this rate he's having repeated issues qualifying for his own conference's playoffs, and subsequently, it goes without saying he's closer to being thrown out of the game than continuing to spend his life in it. And here you are even floating the idea, as outlandish as it is.

Get a grip man, seriously.
          Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 12-14-2009, 09:49 AM.

Comment

HM2000- I'm with you. What is there to be optimistic about right now? We go into a month where the last thing we saw was a 5 game losing streak. I'd say the program is in worse shape then it was at this point last year. Did anyone think they were going to win either game this weekend? Aside from Hokydad? Sigh.

Sigh.

Let me get this straight: PC is moving in the right direction when they lose 1 or 2 goal games where they out shoot people, BUT a loss is still a loss? Wha?
            Last edited by Jon; 12-14-2009, 09:44 AM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              HM2000- I'm with you. What is there to be optimistic about right now? We go into a month where the last thing we saw was a 5 game losing streak. I'd say the program is in worse shape then it was at this point last year.

Sigh.
              That was not my point. Little dissapointed that they couldnt grab any points over past two weekends vs Maine, BC and UNH. That will make it very touigh to move up the HE foodchain and take a run at the playoffs. If they dont qualify for them, then it will be a poor year for PC hockey

My point was, there are zero stats that show RPI should be hoisted up as a program on the rise vs PC when they have had a good start and poor run as of late with a coach who has a below avg record as well. 2-6 over last 8 with 1 of the wins ve Bentley is not a move in the right direction
              It does though look better from an outsiders perspective vs someone who watches it 24/7.

Comment

All that shows is that you know nothing about hockey. Ask any D 1 coach what a 1 goal loss means and he will tell you your team lost. Laughable to say otherwise.
                Hi Troll. Laughable is your use of the English language and your lack of using the spell check.

Using your logic (also laughable) then PC is in even worse shape that you try to sell us on. They lose by two or more each game and only manage one goal victories on average but your "glass" keeps filling.
                I know victories are few and far between for the Friars over the last few season but they don't ever seem to really handle an opponent.

Once again it shows that you know NOTHING about hockey. You are saying that a D1 coach (or any coach for that matter) isn't content with a one goal loss as opposed to a 2 or 3 goal loss? They say so after almost every close game. Ridiculous to try to say otherwise.
                Coaches take a number of things from a loss. The final score is another piece of evidence as to how close you played the other team.

Your boyfriend Coach Army is so concerned about PC's number of shots on net that he crows about it before and after every game. He also mentions the close scores as evidence that his team ss close to turning it around. All coaches point to close scores as evidence that their team is on the right track or not.

Hokydad, you are a troll, a tool and a fraud.
                I enjoy reading everyone else taking you to task for being a dope. We STILL have fans of other teams check taking the time to check in to clown you. Keep trolling cause it's fun to read your bad English and dopey comments.

Comment

a coach who has a below avg record as well.
                  Wait -- you're admitting that Tim Army has a "below avg record"? And he's the guy you think is going to magically turn things around at PC? My god....

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                    Wait -- you're admitting that Tim Army has a "below avg record"? And he's the guy you think is going to magically turn things around at PC? My god....
                    Yes and I hope. Will be surprised that if over the next 2-3 years PC is not a top 5 HE team again.

But even if not have very little interest in degrading him as a person and ridiculing his son

Comment

Probably not but you never know. PC91 knows what every coach in the countries opinion is on 1 goal losses so stranger things have happened.

losing 10 games by one goal means one thing, you lost.

4 this season
                      At Notre Dame(2), Northeastern and Lowell
                      If you are BC, who has been successful and you lose 10 games by one goal I agree. If you are PC and in this case RPI it shows that you are improving. Still losing I agree. But it means you are competitive. I believe what The Freds meant was that you can see RPI improving. It is a progression from losing big to 1 goal games to wins.

I see the same problem for Beaudry that I saw with Tyler. Unless he can score goals he is in trouble. I don't see the 7-6 shoot outs and aggressive play that Army spoke of. There was one big hit this weekend.
                      Providence College
                      National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                        Hi Troll. Laughable is your use of the English language and your lack of using the spell check.

Using your logic (also laughable) then PC is in even worse shape that you try to sell us on. They lose by two or more each game and only manage one goal victories on average but your "glass" keeps filling.
                        I know victories are few and far between for the Friars over the last few season but they don't ever seem to really handle an opponent.

Once again it shows that you know NOTHING about hockey. You are saying that a D1 coach (or any coach for that matter) isn't content with a one goal loss as opposed to a 2 or 3 goal loss? They say so after almost every close game. Ridiculous to try to say otherwise.
                        Coaches take a number of things from a loss. The final score is another piece of evidence as to how close you played the other team.

Your boyfriend Coach Army is so concerned about PC's number of shots on net that he crows about it before and after every game. He also mentions the close scores as evidence that his team ss close to turning it around. All coaches point to close scores as evidence that their team is on the right track or not.

Hokydad, you are a troll, a tool and a fraud.
                        I enjoy reading everyone else taking you to task for being a dope. We STILL have fans of other teams check taking the time to check in to clown you. Keep trolling cause it's fun to read your bad English and dopey comments.
                        More importantly, look at how you have 1 or 2 clowns who respond to you, everyone else ignores you for the guy who knows nothing about hockey that you are.

Shots dont count but losing by a goal is a good thing>??

You know nothing about hockey, nothing.

Coaches could care less about losing by a goal and if they kept pointing to it as a positive, they would be laughed at by the iner circles.

happy to see thought that while you and SM were hanging and going over commuting issues, you and him also disected how happy all the coaches are for losing by a goal

everytime you post, you validate how little you know about hockey

Zero, nothing

Comment

Yes and I hope. Will be surprised that if over the next 2-3 years PC is not a top 5 HE team again.

But even if not have very little interest in degrading him as a person and ridiculing his son
                          What is going to happen over the next 2-3 years? Besides young Army's arrival?

The Projo reported Sat. that Young army had a goal and an assist in a a 9-1 win.

(I was going to put little Army but figured you would berate me for insulting little people or midgets or munchkins or Trolls!)
                          Providence College
                          National Champions

Comment

So Army deserves another 2-3 years to get this team to the Top 5? I tell you what -- if he fails to make the playoffs THIS season there should be a serious investigation into why he's keeping his job. They fired the women's basketball coach for a similar ridiculous record and Army is teetering dangerously close to matching that kind of futility.

It doesn't do the program any favors to continue standing behind a guy who can't do the job. What kind of message does it send to potential recruits that PC is apparently content with finishing outside the Hockey East playoffs, or languishing in the rock bottom of the league? Why would kids want to come and play here for him?

I have no interest in degrading him as a person nor do I have an interest in ridiculing his son, nor have I ever done so.

All I care about is him as a COACH, and right now he's one of the worst the program has ever had. I don't think that's "degrading" him, I think it's reality based on what he's done (or not done) so far. I am just curious why you think he's going to turn it around? What have you seen that makes you think he can or will?

I see a guy who can't do it in Division 1. He can't recruit, or he can't coach -- or a combination of both. Perhaps he's not meant to be a head coach on any level -- who knows. But it's not happening here, it's just not for him, and it's too bad, because it was a nice story. But 5 years later PC is paying the price for extending his deal.

Again, if this team fails to make the Hockey East playoffs two straight years, why should he keep his job? Don't say because he's under contract -- what in the world does he deserve to keep his job for if he puts the worst two-year stretch in the decades of PC hockey history together?

He didn't just walk through the door. He's been here, it's his team...and it's a losing one. He's brought the program down a notch even from where it was.
                            Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 12-14-2009, 10:10 AM.

Comment

More importantly, look at how you have 1 or 2 clowns who respond to you, everyone else ignores you for the guy who knows nothing about hockey that you are.

Shots dont count but losing by a goal is a good thing>??

You know nothing about hockey, nothing.

Coaches could care less about losing by a goal and if they kept pointing to it as a positive, they would be laughed at by the iner circles.

happy to see thought that while you and SM were hanging and going over commuting issues, you and him also disected how happy all the coaches are for losing by a goal

everytime you post, you validate how little you know about hockey

Zero, nothing
                              LOL.

Keep posting. You contradict yourself everytime you post. Probably cause you only have your GED after failing out of the Lynn Public Schools.

Tell us more about how kids are good kids Hokydad. Especially those Lynn mite 3's, huh?
                              Post more funny stuff because you sure don't know hockey. Try to deflect it on me if it helps you look credible but we all know you don't know hockey.

Comment

parcells says, "it is what it is"

good game, will still get 2 pts

Posted by a braying donkey. Still waiting on the prediction but we'll have to wait for a long time.

Epic fail for hokydad yet again.

Comment

Working...
                                X