This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence - 2009-10 In-season Thread

Woo hoo. I got on TV for saying "what are you, Doctor No? " Sweet. Granted, it was on Cox.

I can't wait until PC figures out how to win a game like this. I'd like to say PC needs to stay out of the box, but given the extremely bizarre way the game was called, I'm not sure any of those were penalties. PC would just skate into the zone and suddenly be on the power play. I'm surprised the two refs weren't beaten by Army and Umile after the game. I've never seen a team score three goals in a row and have all three reviewed before, with two of them being waved off. I'm not saying they were actually goals, but three in a row? That's a bit much.

HM2000 is correct: the last two UNH goals were awful and Beaudry never should have let them in. He's usually the reason PC stays in these games, so I'd have to give him a mulligan on those. It would have been nice to have 2 points at some point this month.

That's the fewest PC fans I've ever seen for a UNH game. It's also the fewest UHN fans I've ever seen at the Bunker. Some one should tell the Kitties that they now pale in comparison to the ubersuccessfull juggernaut that is NU hockey in fan participation.

Hokydad's glass is empty and shattered.

cav- LET'S GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      I've never seen a team score three goals in a row and have all three reviewed before, with two of them being waved off. I'm not saying they were actually goals, but three in a row? That's a bit much.
      The first one was never actually in the net. Came close, but never went over the line. Goal judge had an itchy trigger finger.
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
        The first one was never actually in the net. Came close, but never went over the line. Goal judge had an itchy trigger finger.
        I'm not saying either goal they waved off should have been a goal, but to review three in a row against the same team isn't something I've experienced. The refs had made so many awful calls against both teams that their credibility was pretty much nil at that point.

My favorite was the first penalty of the game where the UNH player lept two feet in the air to sell a tripping call and then the ref blew the whistle when no one from PC had even come close to touching the puck. cav told me that these two had been officiating women's games before last night. Huh.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
          91Did you also watch the coach's brilliant inbetween periods analysis?
          I watched every second of it. I thought that it was staged.
          It looked like it was set up to show Army's attention to detail and hands on coaching between periods.
          All the students sitting with their eyes glued on the professor as he went through his lesson. Everything he pointed out went EXACTLY the way that he had planned. The puck went this way and that way because that's what the Friars wanted UNH to do. This player didn't finish a check which lead to a UNH goal but it's okay because that's what Army expected and somehow it would end up benefitting PC more in the long run.
          If that were the case then why did the commentators keep mentioning throughout the game that PC needed the puck to start bouncing their way if EVERYTHING Army pointed out WAS going there way?
          I watched his whole breakdown for the team/camera and he kept repeating how everything was going the way he wanted it to.

Someone promised two points for tonight so Timmy's got that going for him.
          I just hope for another effort from the boys like they turned in last night.
          I can deal with losing as long as the team isn't mailing it in.
          One more game then done for a month and since Timmy's got em where he wants em, that's something that we fans have going for us.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
            Belichick says 'it is what it is' and when will these 2 points come? January?
            According to ZQuax, PC dominated UNH for 2/3 of the game, so they should probably have gotten 1.2 points last night...
            Were you even at the game?

PC played extremely well in the first and third and that second period killed them.

As a UNH alum, I was extremely disappointed at how low the UNH program has dropped in fan support. I have been to plenty of UNH-PC games since the early 90's and last night was disgusting to me for the fan support for both programs.

I loved how the PC players played their hearts out last night and have to give them credit for that.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

They were flat all game.....totally unprepared for BC....PC did out shoot them but lost faceoffs 21-13 out hit 8 - 4 and were totally out played by BC.....if this team gets 2 points total the rest of the year it will be a suprise......at least they can't go any lower in HE.......now Hockeydad put some spin on this mess.....no preparation and a total waste of ice time thankfully no games for a month

Comment

Any more predictions hokyfail?
                BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                -
                Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

PC spent almost the entire game chasing the BC players around the ice. BC had no problem getting around the PC defense and controlling the game. Does anyone know why Army called a time out with 1:05 left in the 2nd period?!? Army spent the 3rd period just standing behind the bench with no hint of coaching the team. With almost 30 years of watching this program , I think it is as close to the rock bottom as you can get.

Comment

couldn't agree more about hitting rock bottom...I am so tired of watching Amy with his arms folded looking ready to cry...on the flip side I watch York with an arm on a players shoulder talking to him and pointing different things out like a good coach should....

Amy you are such a fraud, if you really care about the program -- RESIGN!!!!!!

I feel for each and every kid on this team and Beaudry is such a good goalie, they all deserve better than Amy

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
                      Does anyone know why Army called a time out with 1:05 left in the 2nd period?!?
                      Rumor is that his Laptop on the bench had a Windows Update and he had to restart it. He did not want the play going on while the computer was down.

Comment

That was as non-competitive a 3-1 game I've seen in a while. BC basically skated circles around PC. BTW do the Friars even have a gameplan? I remember the good o'l days of dump and suck and its predictability. This team doesn't even seem to have a strategy of any kind -- though I laughed outloud when Army couldn't work his DVR in one of the intermissions. I mean, how crazy would it be to just TALK to your players instead of rolling out the highlight reel?

Once again reality has struck, and those big-time October wins have blown away as quickly as the leaves. I agree this program has hit rock bottom, and it's going to be a major struggle for PC to make the playoffs this year. Even Mike Logan and Bellemore said that on the Cox broadcast last night. They come out of the gate in January and lose a few more and you're looking at a 2-8, 2-9 mark -- with the rest of the conference beating up on each other it's going to be very difficult for this team to get out of the hole they've dug themselves in.

I don't think I would ever see the day when PC not only failed to make the HE Quarterfinals, but would do so in back-to-back seasons. And the equally ****ing part is that we didn't even have to wait for another stretch of patented Army end-of-season losing hockey. 5 straight losses, 1 win in their last 8 games -- this whole scene continues to be pathetic.

Please, sign this area clown up for another contract extension before another program steals him away. It's just madness and inexplicable and outrageous how bad things have gotten, and they're stuck with him for another, what, 4 seasons? The guy should resign, but we all know that ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                          Any more predictions hokyfail?
                          He's trying to find his glass which fell off the shelf and broke last night.

Either that or he's still trying to put up the banner for sweeping Bowling Green in October.

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
                            PC spent almost the entire game chasing the BC players around the ice. BC had no problem getting around the PC defense and controlling the game. Does anyone know why Army called a time out with 1:05 left in the 2nd period?!? Army spent the 3rd period just standing behind the bench with no hint of coaching the team. With almost 30 years of watching this program , I think it is as close to the rock bottom as you can get.

That timeout was actually an excellent call by Coach Army! BC had consentrated puck possession in the PC zone for almost two and a half minutes getting many high quality scoring chances. BC has changed their forwards twice during that stretch. PC five were spent and iced the puck. That icing required all PC players to stay on the ice while BC would have put yet another set of fresh faces on the ice. The time out allowed the 5 PC players a chance to recoup before next draw. PC was able to clear the zone and make the necessary change for fresh legs.

Best to all PC fans going forward...BC struggled in similar fashion last season and was able to mount last season rally coming up just short. The PC club lost to a pretty hot BC club last night if that means anything. I for one liked the grit I saw from the PC kids but they played like they did not have any answers for what BC was presenting to them defensively. But for a fluck airborne bounce of the puck that came down behind Muse...

Comment

The team is in last place with zero hope of getting out of it. I'm not sure how much more "rock bottom" this could get.

Unless they do what we've been worrying about the past 3 years and just eliminate hockey.

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Watching PC in the locker room between periods has always driven me crazy. It seems so useless and counterproductive not to talk directly to the team, but to have your back to them watching a TV screen as Army does. Between his behind the bench style and between period antics, it's a wonder he can recruit anyone to play for him Just compare him to some of the great coaches in HE. PC will not improve until he goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X