• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Re: Loser Fires The Coach: Michigan Tech at NMU, Friday, Dec. 17

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
    Ramada Cup is ours!
    I would seriously laugh my a55 off if Walt really did drag that meaningless hunk of wood and brass out of whatever back room closet at the Berry they kept it in for the last couple of seasons. It would be even more pathetic than this Tech team.

Leave a comment:

• NMU8405
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    1-1-1

Congrats on splitting with the #56 team in the country (only Sacred Heart and UML might be worse - I emphasize might).
    Ramada Cup is ours!

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

1-1-1

Congrats on splitting with the #56 team in the country (only Sacred Heart and UML might be worse - I emphasize might).

Leave a comment:

• NMUFAN21
    replied

Domination!

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
    This is the equivelant of a national championship to them.
    Um, no.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
    Of course the Huskies will win tonight. This is the equivelant of a national championship to them.

Their 10 game losing streak comes to an end. Then they'll return to their usual routine.

Maybe Northern needs an individual award (like the Huskies) to motivate them.
    Maybe NMU should care more about games that can hurt their RPI so much

Leave a comment:

• NMUFAN
    replied

Of course the Huskies will win tonight. This is the equivelant of a national championship to them.

Their 10 game losing streak comes to an end. Then they'll return to their usual routine.

Maybe Northern needs an individual award (like the Huskies) to motivate them.

Leave a comment:

• NMU8405
    replied

Tech is going to win 2-1. Thats my prediction. Plus, I mean who really cares about this game anymore?

Leave a comment:

• nmupiccdiva
    replied

*****http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090711082032/mrmen/images/4/44/Mr.Bump.jpg******

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    I think there are three factors if Tech is to win.
    1. they have to break out of the zone well. NMU will most likely fore-check aggressively, if Tech can move the puck out with alacrity, and avoid the turnovers at the blue line, they will be ok. 2. scoring. Tech has to light the lamp more than once or twice. The power play will come in here.
    3. Physical play. In the first game this worked well in slowing down the NMU forwards. they have to do it again.

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G2y8Sx4B2Sk?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G2y8Sx4B2Sk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

I think there are three factors if Tech is to win.
    1. they have to break out of the zone well. NMU will most likely fore-check aggressively, if Tech can move the puck out with alacrity, and avoid the turnovers at the blue line, they will be ok. 2. scoring. Tech has to light the lamp more than once or twice. The power play will come in here.
    3. Physical play. In the first game this worked well in slowing down the NMU forwards. they have to do it again.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

New NMU Pick to Click.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Pretty much. Just watch how Holmstrom does it all the time, and how much non-Wings fans complain about it.
    If the Wildcats could have someone park themselves like Holmstrom does (doesn't even need to have a quarter the stick handing talent), I'd be happy.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
    Now, you want to talk about unsportsmanlike play, we need to talk about your former goaltender who flopped around like he was shot every time someone was within 2 feet of him, and who consistently cried to the refs like a little girl. I think he might have had a permanently irritated vagina the way he acted on the ice. Yep, something to be proud of. :P
    I happen to think this just shows that NMU has a fantastic theatre program and that our students are active and involved in the learning they receive from their classes.

Plus, Bill Zaniboni was the theatre major, not Stewart.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
    I seem to remember Teslak getting injured at the Berry in a front of the net incident. It was the other end of the ice, so I can't say if he was "run" or not, but it seems suspicious.

The funny thing is, we ended up shorthanded on the deal because one of our players grabbed a facemask.

Now, you want to talk about unsportsmanlike play, we need to talk about your former goaltender who flopped around like he was shot every time someone was within 2 feet of him, and who consistently cried to the refs like a little girl. I think he might have had a permanently irritated vagina the way he acted on the ice. Yep, something to be proud of. :P

Seriously though, I have no ill will towards the opponent this weekend. And maybe I do look at these games as more important because of where I grew up. I grew up with NMU in the WCHA until I was something like 14. Another reason I might add more importance to these games is I am the only one on this board that cares about the other (Division II) sports, and we are in NMU's conference for them.
    Tech has other sports? Oh, yeah, volleyball! They provide...entertainment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X