Loser Fires The Coach: Michigan Tech at NMU, Friday, Dec. 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Loser Fires The Coach: Michigan Tech at NMU, Friday, Dec. 17

oh, and a Beaver Pounder award is a great idea! somehow, though, I don't think the Admin would approve of that one!!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      I hope our boys don't catch anything while they are over there ...
      All the students are gone, so unless the Techies go for the Wildcat team (and you never know, they are Techies after all, it's just force of habit ), they should be OK.
      Always a Wildcat...
      Originally posted by Kepler
      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        oh, and a Beaver Pounder award is a great idea! somehow, though, I don't think the Admin would approve of that one!!
        Can we call it the Jordan Foote Beaver Pounder award?
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          What worries me though is that Tech is going to be just as physical as Notre Dame was... chippy dirty play after the whistle and all.
          Right...because NMU players always have halos over their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Right...because NMU players always have halos over their heads.
            Whoops, sorry. Got our team confused with the Fighting Sioux for a moment...

In the 10 years of Wildcat Hockey I have watched, I do not remember ever seeing an NMU player run a goaltender (but I could be wrong). I have seen UAf, MTU, and ND run ours though.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

In the 10 years of Wildcat Hockey I have watched, I do not remember ever seeing an NMU player run a goaltender (but I could be wrong). I have seen UAf, MTU, and ND run ours though.
              Everyone runs the goaltender. Its part of the game. (Not even talking NMU vs. MTU specifically. If you're not running the goalie you're not crashing the net for rebounds correctly)
              Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Pretty much. Just watch how Holmstrom does it all the time, and how much non-Wings fans complain about it.

Comment

Whoops, sorry. Got our team confused with the Fighting Sioux for a moment...

I seem to remember Teslak getting injured at the Berry in a front of the net incident. It was the other end of the ice, so I can't say if he was "run" or not, but it seems suspicious.

The funny thing is, we ended up shorthanded on the deal because one of our players grabbed a facemask.

Now, you want to talk about unsportsmanlike play, we need to talk about your former goaltender who flopped around like he was shot every time someone was within 2 feet of him, and who consistently cried to the refs like a little girl. I think he might have had a permanently irritated vagina the way he acted on the ice. Yep, something to be proud of. :P

Seriously though, I have no ill will towards the opponent this weekend. And maybe I do look at these games as more important because of where I grew up. I grew up with NMU in the WCHA until I was something like 14. Another reason I might add more importance to these games is I am the only one on this board that cares about the other (Division II) sports, and we are in NMU's conference for them.
                  Philbert
                  ---------------
                  Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
                  GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHatTrick84 View Post
                    Seriously though, I have no ill will towards the opponent this weekend.
                    I suspect this might have something to do with your, uh, "reformed" past.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Can we call it the Jordan Foote Beaver Pounder award?
                      only if double mint gum sponsors the award
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I seem to remember Teslak getting injured at the Berry in a front of the net incident. It was the other end of the ice, so I can't say if he was "run" or not, but it seems suspicious.

The funny thing is, we ended up shorthanded on the deal because one of our players grabbed a facemask.

Now, you want to talk about unsportsmanlike play, we need to talk about your former goaltender who flopped around like he was shot every time someone was within 2 feet of him, and who consistently cried to the refs like a little girl. I think he might have had a permanently irritated vagina the way he acted on the ice. Yep, something to be proud of. :P

Seriously though, I have no ill will towards the opponent this weekend. And maybe I do look at these games as more important because of where I grew up. I grew up with NMU in the WCHA until I was something like 14. Another reason I might add more importance to these games is I am the only one on this board that cares about the other (Division II) sports, and we are in NMU's conference for them.
                        Tech has other sports? Oh, yeah, volleyball! They provide...entertainment.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I happen to think this just shows that NMU has a fantastic theatre program and that our students are active and involved in the learning they receive from their classes.

Plus, Bill Zaniboni was the theatre major, not Stewart.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Pretty much. Just watch how Holmstrom does it all the time, and how much non-Wings fans complain about it.
                            If the Wildcats could have someone park themselves like Holmstrom does (doesn't even need to have a quarter the stick handing talent), I'd be happy.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

New NMU Pick to Click.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I think there are three factors if Tech is to win.
                                1. they have to break out of the zone well. NMU will most likely fore-check aggressively, if Tech can move the puck out with alacrity, and avoid the turnovers at the blue line, they will be ok. 2. scoring. Tech has to light the lamp more than once or twice. The power play will come in here.
                                3. Physical play. In the first game this worked well in slowing down the NMU forwards. they have to do it again.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X