• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

Originally posted by ajt6954 View Post
    Thanks Ralph...Matt Neal is almost at 2pts/game now too...wondering if SA will put them on separate lines? Nevermind...they're both centers...oops.
    BigGuy said in message 495 that JL played LW yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• redhead18
    replied

I have a feeling were not done recruiting for next season either, so maybe SA has a few more surprises up his sleeve. As it sits now theres 16 forwards next year, 15 if Malchuk decides to leave and not use his redshirt. I dont feel comfortable with only 15 up front, it almost bit us this year with all the injuries. Of course Mark Miller could come in and Malchuk staying would make 17 which is a more desirable number of forwards, IMO. As it sits now though, I think were gonna be looking at some pretty sweet line-up charts next season.

Leave a comment:

• ajt6954
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I think that Matt Murley was the most recent with 126 in 49 games in 97-98 and 110 in 48 games in 96-97. Brad Tapper had similar numbers in 96-97, and lots did many years ago.
    Thanks Ralph...Matt Neal is almost at 2pts/game now too...wondering if SA will put them on separate lines? Nevermind...they're both centers...oops.

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Been following this kid for 3 years now-nothing he does surprises me. I cannot wait for him to be in Troy. I just think he is going to step right in and contribute immediately.
    Absolutely, and another thing, we haven't had any behavior problems like we have in the past. Maybe he got just enough time to grow up while waiting to come to RPI.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by ajt6954 View Post
    I agree, Doc, and would be surprised if he doesn't (thinking a similarity to B. Pirri or D'Amigo). We obviously have to take into account competitive adjustment between the league he's currently in and the ECAC...as well as size and speed of his "to be" obstacles. Besides Pirri, does anyone have record of any of our previous recruits besting an average of 2pts a game prior to coming to Troy? Furthermore...how that average translated into the college game?
    I think that Matt Murley was the most recent with 126 in 49 games in 97-98 and 110 in 48 games in 96-97. Brad Tapper had similar numbers in 96-97, and lots did many years ago.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-19-2011, 11:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X