X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Incredible-I wonder what the odds are of all those numbers being rounded off like that? I don't think I have ever seen it at any level of hockey.
    Interesting that McGowan's numbers are all divisible by 5.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Edit: BTW, 18 teams now make the OJHL playoffs, not the 32 which used to. That means that four teams play preliminary round series so that 16 teams are left. None of RPI's three recruits are involved in those games, so it will be a while before they start to play. I wonder why they didn't just go with 16 teams if they were going to cut down the playoffs.
      They hadn't updated the standings. Actually 20 teams make the playoffs, and thus 8 are involved in "qualification round" series. In any case, all three RPI recruits are on teams with byes. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...&seasonid=6775
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
        Matt Neal named OJHL Player of the Month for January:

http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...-21/news_22643
        Photo of Matt Neal receiving his Player of the Month award before Stouffvilles season finale yesterday.

http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...-21/news_22912

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
          Photo of Matt Neal receiving his Player of the Month award before Stouffvilles season finale yesterday.

http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...-21/news_22912
          He has the intense look of a hockey player-looking forward to him in Troy!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

He has the intense look of a hockey player-looking forward to him in Troy!
            He's just contemplating how to reach 100 points exactly.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              He's just contemplating how to reach 100 points exactly.
              I am still floored by all those even numbers.

Comment

I am still floored by all those even numbers.
                Whats the outlook on the BRO getting to 100 PIM before the season ends.....
                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                  Whats the outlook on the BRO getting to 100 PIM before the season ends.....
                  Got to get him back in the line up for that. i think the odds are real good though. He just needs a game where he gets really ******ed off at someone. i wonder how many ECAC forwards will be crashing the net knowing he may be around somewhere?

Comment

Got to get him back in the line up for that. i think the odds are real good though. He just needs a game where he gets really ******ed off at someone. i wonder how many ECAC forwards will be crashing the net knowing he may be around somewhere?
                    You mean he cant get any penalty minutes while not on the ice... I cannot wait to see him taking care of business in front of the net next season.
                    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                      You mean he cant get any penalty minutes while not on the ice... I cannot wait to see him taking care of business in front of the net next season.
                      We need(and i think we will finally have) a nice mix on defense. We should have at least 2 offensive defensemen and a couple of big strong defensive hitters. As far as i am concerned the key will be how well they can move the puck out of the zone-something we have not done well most years. I have not seen Luke play-I am assuming the banging defensive part is there but i just have no handle on how well he can do the other things. If he can move well and cover some ground, we may be very well set on defense.

Comment

We need(and i think we will finally have) a nice mix on defense. We should have at least 2 offensive defensemen and a couple of big strong defensive hitters. As far as i am concerned the key will be how well they can move the puck out of the zone-something we have not done well most years. I have not seen Luke play-I am assuming the banging defensive part is there but i just have no handle on how well he can do the other things. If he can move well and cover some ground, we may be very well set on defense.
                        His +/- numbers are good. I do imagine that he'll need some time to get acclimated to the college level - moreso than Leonard. Koudys is making massive strides (pun intended) with every game, and Bergin and Bailen are two of the best puckrushers in the conference. We should be able to have each of those guys on a defensive pairing to move the puck, so I really like the lineups we'll be able to throw out there next year. Up front, even if we don't have a Polacek-like scorer (it is worth noting that Higgs' freshman numbers are not at all unlike Polacek's were), our fourth line will have more talent than our first lines did 6-7 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                          His +/- numbers are good. I do imagine that he'll need some time to get acclimated to the college level - moreso than Leonard. Koudys is making massive strides (pun intended) with every game, and Bergin and Bailen are two of the best puckrushers in the conference. We should be able to have each of those guys on a defensive pairing to move the puck, so I really like the lineups we'll be able to throw out there next year. Up front, even if we don't have a Polacek-like scorer (it is worth noting that Higgs' freshman numbers are not at all unlike Polacek's were), our fourth line will have more talent than our first lines did 6-7 years ago.
                          I really agree with all of this-plus I think Laliberte and Neal will add a lot of offense from freshmen. I think if everyone stays the year and we can avoid a rash of injuries, we are looking at an improving situation. Polacek does so much besides score that he will be missed, but i like this incoming freshman class for offense and i don't think we are sacrificing any defense.

Comment

I really agree with all of this-plus I think Laliberte and Neal will add a lot of offense from freshmen. I think if everyone stays the year and we can avoid a rash of injuries, we are looking at an improving situation. Polacek does so much besides score that he will be missed, but i like this incoming freshman class for offense and i don't think we are sacrificing any defense.
                            I too think that we will be going into an improving situation next year. However, we will be losing two defensive defensemen in Foss and Kennedy. And our two best offensive players this year in Polacek and Helfrich.
                            What can we expect of Laliberte and Neal. 30 points or more apiece? I see improved offense from Higgs, AAG and O'Grady. It will all come down to how the quickly the freshmen can get into the college game.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              I too think that we will be going into an improving situation next year. However, we will be losing two defensive defensemen in Foss and Kennedy. And our two best offensive players this year in Polacek and Helfrich.
                              What can we expect of Laliberte and Neal. 30 points or more apiece? I see improved offense from Higgs, AAG and O'Grady. It will all come down to how the quickly the freshmen can get into the college game.
                              The 5 returning defensemen give us quite a nice core group. If Luke can fit in quickly that would be a great addition. Offensively I think we may not have the top scorers like Polacek and Helfrich(we will certainly miss them) but we will be deeper with scoring coming from more places. Goaltending should not be a problem barring an injury or heaven forbid a defection.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                My guess is that we can expect about the same from JL and Neal that we got from D'Amigo and Pirri last season. The bigger question to me is what will we get from Haggerty and Schroeder who are both younger, but on a similar level. I think that our group of five forwards has the potential to be the best class of that size since those entering in 1982.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X