This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

Some photos of Zach Schroeder http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/i_j...-schroeder.htm.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW, JL's younger brother Yanik was selected to participate in the CHL Tier 1 Prospects Game for the top 16/17 year olds in the league on Jan. 15th. I still gotta wonder if RPI has any interest in him.

http://www.hawkesburyhawks.com/en/ne...php?search=176

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
        FWIW, JL's younger brother Yanik was selected to participate in the CHL Tier 1 Prospects Game for the top 16/17 year olds in the league on Jan. 15th. I still gotta wonder if RPI has any interest in him.

http://www.hawkesburyhawks.com/en/ne...php?search=176
        I have wondered also. His production isn't great, and he appears to be even smaller than JL. He doesn't seem to be as good as JL was at the same age.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I may be proved wrong, but Zalewski appears to have a better combination of skating and goal-scoring ability than any forward taller than 6 foot in some time.
          It would not surprise me in the least. If Mike's game is anything like his brother Steve's who was a very good two way player at CCT (108 career pts.), he will be a very pleasing addition to the RPI family.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Although looking at the rosters it appears that most of the players on the Canadian teams are playing CHL thus not eligible to play NCAA.....
            I've been away and am slowly catching up and finally scanned the U17 rosters...There was at least one notable exception that almost made me fall out of my chair. Goalie Daniel Altshuller (6'3 195) plays for the Nepean Raiders and played so well he was selected to the World U-17 All-Tourney team -- a pretty hefty feat given the talent there. http://www.canadianhockey.ca/index.p...56701/la_id/1/ His U-17 line: 5 Games, .936 SV%, 1.39 GAA.
            His Ontario team is to play the USA U17s for all the marbles.

I haven't had time to really dig, but he appears to be free of any MJ entanglements, he's the only goalie currently on Heisenberg's 2012 list, and has to be one of, if not the best goalie for his age in eastern Canada. If we are indeed after this kid (and we know Seth is looking for keepers) then Vines' trip would certainly be understandable.
            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-04-2011, 09:27 PM.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              I've been away and am slowly catching up and finally scanned the U17 rosters...There was at least one notable exception that almost made me fall out of my chair. Goalie Daniel Altshuller (6'3 195) plays for the Nepean Raiders and played so well he was selected to the World U-17 All-Tourney team -- a pretty hefty feat given the talent there. http://www.canadianhockey.ca/index.p...56701/la_id/1/ His U-17 line: 5 Games, .936 SV%, 1.39 GAA.

I haven't had time to really dig, but he appears to be free of any MJ entanglements, he's the only goalie currently on Heisenberg's 2012 list, and has to be one of, if not the best goalie for his age in eastern Canada. If we are indeed after this kid (and we know Seth is looking for keepers) then Vines' trip would certainly be understandable.
              We also know that SA appears to like tall goalies, and Altshuller would fit that profile. He must be quite good since he has gotten all the playing time so far over an OHL goalie. He won the November CHL Rookie of the Month award http://centraljuniorhockeyleague.ca/...ews/news_19618.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He's certainly an exciting prospect, but I wonder if Seth can afford to put his eggs in a pure 2012 basket. If the Blue Jackets throw money at York this summer he has to have a goalie that can step in a year early. Altshuller is so young that he wouldn't be able to do that. That would leave us looking late for either a 2011-2012 backup (if they deem Merriam as able to hold the fort for a year) or hoping to catch last minute lightning in a bottle as they did with Joel Laing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

I have been following this kid for several months now-first brought to my attention 6 months ago by a couple of very knowledgable hockey people. He would be a phenomenal addition.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                    He's certainly an exciting prospect, but I wonder if Seth can afford to put his eggs in a pure 2012 basket. If the Blue Jackets throw money at York this summer he has to have a goalie that can step in a year early.
                    *****http://cutebabiesphotos.com/upload/thumb/3823/facepalm-baby.jpg******
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I see that Heisenberg has only 1 goalie listed out of the Ontario/Eastern Canada leagues for 2012...Altshuller. Age/time of availability certainly a "monkey wrench"
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        That's just beautiful.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

JMO, I still think we'll see a goaltender recruited for next season, someone with the option of coming in 2012 if York stays. RPI almost landed Casey DeSmith whos now headed to UNH in the fall, John Keeney is a name thats been brought up before and of course both of Montys keepers in DBQ are still uncommitted. So it might be possible to see three recruited goaltenders in 2012 with Keeney or one of the DBQ guys, Merriam, and possibly Altshuller. With the skill Altshuller has, I dont think RPI could afford to have him wait till 2013 when Merriam graduates.

FWIW, Altshuller also has an older brother Shaun, a speedy winger playing in Nepean as well.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            That's just beautiful.
                            He looks a bit like RC.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

JMO, I still think we'll see a goaltender recruited for next season, someone with the option of coming in 2012 if York stays. RPI almost landed Casey DeSmith whos now headed to UNH in the fall, John Keeney is a name thats been brought up before and of course both of Montys keepers in DBQ are still uncommitted. So it might be possible to see three recruited goaltenders in 2012 with Keeney or one of the DBQ guys, Merriam, and possibly Altshuller. With the skill Altshuller has, I dont think RPI could afford to have him wait till 2013 when Merriam graduates.

FWIW, Altshuller also has an older brother Shaun, a speedy winger playing in Nepean as well.
                              Notwithstanding RC's dramatics, that is precisely the issue. As we've seen, roster flexibility is an absolute requirement in today's NCAA. A pure 2012 (too young for 2011 and assuming we can't wait for 2013) means we need to have a second quality goaltender recruit that will be available in 2011 to protect against an early signing. I don't know the scholarship status of Merriam, but that may also mean having more $$ tied up in goaltenders for at least one and maybe two years than would be ideal. It appears that Altshuller is worth the risk if he's interested, but goaltender is the position (because they usually plan for just two recruited/scholarship players) where is most desirable to have entry year flexibility. Making those determinations is why head coaches get the big $$ - or at least moderately big $$.
                              Last edited by rpi82; 01-05-2011, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by red cloud View Post
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X