X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Apparently, the fans of the Fighting Saints have a saying when the BIG BRO checks an opposing player. They call it a Curadi Chop. Just saw it on their FB page. Something for the fans at RPI to remember.
    Cute.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      Apparently, the fans of the Fighting Saints have a saying when the BIG BRO checks an opposing player. They call it a Curadi Chop. Just saw it on their FB page. Something for the fans at RPI to remember.
      A little corny, but nevertheless thoughtful.

If anything, for us, it should be something easily chantable, even if it's just simply "Big Red One".

Also, I went to Brown's a couple weeks ago, and found they ditched the Revolution Burger. We have to get a burger of appropriate size back on that menu, even if it's Luke's inspiration, a la Penticton.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        We have to get a burger of appropriate size back on that menu, even if it's Luke's inspiration, a la Penticton.
        So long as it doesn't involve "the swim".
        Originally posted by moe24
        Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
          So long as it doesn't involve "the swim".
          I'm just thankful I wasn't asked to attempt to re-create that prior to the game in Youngstown.

Comment

Nice article on Matt Neal from ontariohockey.com:

http://www.ontariohockey.com/story/2...ensselaer.aspx

Some interesting things from the article as well:
            He is expected to join a veteran-laden club with the Engineers next season. The team, which competes in the ECAC Hockey conference, is expected to have 16 returnees.

The squad is losing two centres to graduation, however, and Neal is one of two new guys coming in at that position.

"They told me I'd play quite a bit as a freshman, more than some other schools play their freshmen," Neal said. "So it's looking good that way for me."
            16 returnees? I count 18 non-seniors on the roster right now, 19 if you include Malchuk. Also only two centers coming in? According to CH theres three, Haggerty, JL and Neal.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post

16 returnees? I count 18 non-seniors on the roster right now, 19 if you include Malchuk. Also only two centers coming in? According to CH theres three, Haggerty, JL and Neal.
              I certainly would hope to see Malchuk back-he adds a lot of grit to this team. I know he has only added 2 goals this year-but they have both been huge-both being short handed. The one against BU was a big part in turning the momentum around after a rough early first period for us.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I get the same count as you do. Conceivably a couple of players won't return, but the author would be quite unlikely to know that. I wonder if he is related to Perry Laskaris who works at the RPI SID's office.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Wednesday, the Oakville Blades defeated the Georgetown Raiders 5-1. Mark McGowan had no points or penalties. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1346161

McGowan's line is now 36-19-22-41-38.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                    Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)           38-33-41- 74- 14 12/23/10  #109
                    Matt Neal            C Stouffville Spirit (OJHL)      34-24-30- 54-  8 12/23/10  #110
                    Mark McGowan        LW Oakville Blades (OJHL)         36-19-22- 41- 38 01/06/11  #173
                    Curtis Leonard      LD Wellington Dukes (OJHL)        33- 2-17- 19- 14 01/07/11
                    Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL) 23- 1- 8-  9- 62 12/29/10  #101
                    Ryan Haggerty       RC USNTDP U-18                    27- 3- 6-  9- 13 01/01/11  #103

2011 or 2012
                    Mark Miller          F Omaha Lancers (USHL)           23- 4- 2-  6-  7 12/31/10  #102
                    Chris Bradley       LD Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)     24- 1- 1-  2-  0 12/28/10  #100

Mike Zalewski       LW Vernon Vipers (BCHL)           38-10-15- 25- 22 12/29/10  #82

Women
                    Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)       10- 7- 3-0-1.91-.903 01/08/11 only league games
                    Eleeza Cox           F Ridley College Tigers           7-11- 2- 13-  ? 01/05/11 a lot of missing information
                                           Toronto Aeros (PWHL)            9- 2- 6-  8-  4 01/08/11 only league games
                    Kathryn Schilter     D Toronto Aeros (PWHL)           11- 1- 7-  8-  2 01/08/11 only league games
                    Taylor Mahoney       F Chicago Mission 19U (MWEHL)     8- 4- 4-  8- 10 01/07/11 only league games
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

... Also only two centers coming in? According to CH theres three, Haggerty, JL and Neal.
                      Keep in mind that when a kid comes is ultimately the coaches decision...its possible that someone (Haggerty?) could be held back a year.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        Keep in mind that when a kid comes is ultimately the coaches decision...its possible that someone like Haggerty could be held back a year.
                        It's also possible they'd be a better fit, in Coach's eyes, as a wingman.

Comment

Old news, but FWIW RPI was in the mix for Brennan Serville after all, pulled this from the Stouffville Sun:
                          Michigan officials can’t comment on his signing until it becomes official in April, but head coach Red Berenson took in the Spirit’s 4-3 win over Markham Friday night. Serville also entertained offers from Michigan State, New Hampshire, Miami of Ohio and RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            It's also possible they'd be a better fit, in Coach's eyes, as a wingman.
                            I suspect that is that case. I doubt that Haggerty will be held back. We probably only got him by taking him next season. (Just a guess, no direct info.)
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Old news, but FWIW RPI was in the mix for Brennan Serville after all, pulled this from the Stouffville Sun:
                              I'm surprised they still let the old man drive.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Boston College blog about Saponari's admissions rejection. Mentions he'll "keep his options open" regarding other schools and the AHL.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2010/1...a-strange-turn

Like others here, my money is on him turning pro.

Comment

Working...
                                X