X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
    After that initial explosion of penalty minutes early in the season hasn't he settled down? no recent misconducts or majors? I think his coach and Seth are getting him to mature. I like EHF's point about continuing the hitting but with sticks and elbows down.
    Just remember that his elbows are up even when they are down-most guys come up to his shoulders!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      On Sunday, the Stouffville Spirit defeated the Collingwood Blackhawks 6-1. Matt Neal had two goals and an assist. He was named the MVP of the game. (The shots were 50-8 ) http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1346149

Neal's line is now 34-24-30-54-8.
      Pretty cool video of the Stouffville goals from this one, Neals goals are shown at 2:55 and 3:29 He's #22 in white.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9O33lb9v64

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
        After that initial explosion of penalty minutes early in the season hasn't he settled down?
        Yes. A large portion of his total minutes came in a nasty win over Des Moines (IIRC) where fellow d-man Luuko was cheap shotted from behind, resulting in a broken arm. The BRO and his brethren responded accordingly in the ensuing line brawl ...a skirmish which included both goalies I might add. Shortly thereafter, the Saints added pugilist Joe Bueltel to the squad (10G - 42 PIM), allowing Luke to concentrate more on playing the blue line. For the record, the BRO has a +9 rating with 32 shots in 22 games so far.

As a point of reference, Nick Bailen averaged 105 PIM/season in his 4 years in the USHL. It's a fighting league, aggressive D-men are gonna rack up minutes.
        Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-21-2010, 07:31 PM.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Update on the women.
          Code:
          Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)           38-33-41- 74- 14 12/23/10  #109
          Matt Neal            C Stouffville Spirit (OJHL)      34-24-30- 54-  8 12/23/10  #110
          Mark McGowan        LW Oakville Blades (OJHL)         35-19-22- 41- 38 12/22/10  #99
          Curtis Leonard      LD Wellington Dukes (OJHL)        33- 2-17- 19- 14 01/07/11
          Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL) 23- 1- 8-  9- 62 12/29/10  #101
          Ryan Haggerty       RC USNTDP U-18                    27- 3- 6-  9- 13 01/01/11  #103

2011 or 2012
          Mark Miller          F Omaha Lancers (USHL)           23- 4- 2-  6-  7 12/31/10  #102
          Chris Bradley       LD Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)     24- 1- 1-  2-  0 12/28/10  #100

Mike Zalewski       LW Vernon Vipers (BCHL)           38-10-15- 25- 22 12/29/10  #82

Women
          Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)       10- 7- 3-0-1.91-.903 01/08/11 only league games
          Eleeza Cox           F Ridley College Tigers           7-11- 2- 13-  ? 01/05/11 a lot of missing information
                                 Toronto Aeros (PWHL)            9- 2- 6-  8-  4 01/08/11 only league games
          Kathryn Schilter     D Toronto Aeros (PWHL)           11- 1- 7-  8-  2 01/08/11 only league games
          Taylor Mahoney       F Chicago Mission 19U (MWEHL)     8- 4- 4-  8- 10 01/07/11 only league games
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            Yes. A large portion of his total minutes came in a nasty win over Des Moines (IIRC) where fellow d-man Luuko was cheap shotted from behind, resulting in a broken arm. The BRO and his brethren responded accordingly in the ensuing line brawl ...a skirmish which included both goalies I might add. Shortly thereafter, the Saints added pugilist Joe Bueltel to the squad (10G - 42 PIM), allowing Luke to concentrate more on playing the blue line. For the record, the BRO has a +9 rating with 32 shots in 22 games so far.

As a point of reference, Nick Bailen averaged 105 PIM/season in his 4 years in the USHL. It's a fighting league, aggressive D-men are gonna rack up minutes.
            Those statistics make me feel a lot better for Luke's arrival next year. I would love to see him use his size to move people around and make big hits leagally. Give York a good look at the shots and he will get them.
            Still too excited about this year to get ready for next year.
            I think that that is the biggest difference since years past.
            We spent most years looking forward, This year, forward is the next game.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              Those statistics make me feel a lot better for Luke's arrival next year. I would love to see him use his size to move people around and make big hits leagally. Give York a good look at the shots and he will get them.
              Still too excited about this year to get ready for next year.
              I think that that is the biggest difference since years past.
              We spent most years looking forward, This year, forward is the next game.
              I am sure that Luke knows the consequnce of his actions. There are good penalties, and there are bad penalties, of course. I also don't think that one can project based upon ones penalty total in Juniors what will happen in college. Matt Murley had a lot of penalties in Syracuse, but not that many at RPI. Andrew Lord had a lot of penalties in junior hockey. IIRC, he got suspended for several games for biting someone's fingers.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am sure that Luke knows the consequnce of his actions. There are good penalties, and there are bad penalties, of course. I also don't think that one can project based upon ones penalty total in Juniors what will happen in college. Matt Murley had a lot of penalties in Syracuse, but not that many at RPI. Andrew Lord had a lot of penalties in junior hockey. IIRC, he got suspended for several games for biting someone's fingers.
                They didn't wear gloves in that league?

You're absolutely right that play in juniors doesn't necessarily translate to college. CJ Lee had a slow start last year (and yes, some of that was injury). Obviously now he's getting in the groove, but there was probably a little worry there.

Comment

Andrew Lord had a lot of penalties in junior hockey. IIRC, he got suspended for several games for biting someone's fingers.
                  Did he get 1 game for each finger?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Did he get 1 game for each finger?
                    Actually my memory was wrong. He got suspended for knocking a kid's teeth out -- one game per tooth. It's in this thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-s-Up-(Year-3). See around post 160.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Article about Curtis Leonard committing to RPI:

http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...-21/news_20642

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                        Article about Curtis Leonard committing to RPI:

http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...-21/news_20642
                        Merry Christmas, burgie12.

I wouldn't mind a couple more recruits for next year, though.

Comment

Actually my memory was wrong. He got suspended for knocking a kid's teeth out -- one game per tooth. It's in this thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-s-Up-(Year-3). See around post 160.
                          I would hope he put each tooth under his pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            I would hope he put each tooth under his pillow.
                            If he received money for them wouldn't he have lost his NCAA eligibility?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If he received money for them wouldn't he have lost his NCAA eligibility?
                              You realize of course how warped we are?(It would depend on who the tooth fairy was)

Comment

Apparently, the fans of the Fighting Saints have a saying when the BIG BRO checks an opposing player. They call it a Curadi Chop. Just saw it on their FB page. Something for the fans at RPI to remember.
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X