This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

This Week in the USHL recently did an interview with Dubuque goaltender Matt Morris whos name has been brought up here in the past. He doesnt mention any particular college hes interested in but wants to take his time and make the right choice. Found out he lives with F-Riley Barber who I wouldnt mind seeing in Troy someday, maybe if we recruit Matt he can help out with that. Also talks a little bit about Luke during the second half of the interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVsoryC-htc

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      This Week in the USHL recently did an interview with Dubuque goaltender Matt Morris whos name has been brought up here in the past. He doesnt mention any particular college hes interested in but wants to take his time and make the right choice. Found out he lives with F-Riley Barber who I wouldnt mind seeing in Troy someday, maybe if we recruit Matt he can help out with that. Also talks a little bit about Luke during the second half of the interview.

He would be excellent. Stellar season in DBQ.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Confirmed in the BU-RPI never ending thread (I love HE fans) that Vinny Saponari is not going to BC Hmmmmmmmmmm. WS, will talk me off the ledge on this one but VS would look good with Neal and JL. Just a thought.
        Last edited by AspyDad; 12-15-2010, 12:00 PM.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Nice pickup RH. Agree about Barber - the kid is a stud....son of NHLer. I remember reading that his father was leaning hard toward Barber going Major Junior (5th rnd. - Windsor) and he attended their prospects camp, but more recent comments have been that he is keeping his D1 options open (has had interest from NoDak, MSU & Cornell and hoepfully RPI) .
          Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-15-2010, 12:01 PM.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
            Confirmed in the BU-RPI never ending thread (I love HE fans) that Vinny is not going to BC Hmmmmmmmmmm. WS, will talk me off the ledge on this one but VS would look good with Neal and JL. Just a thought.
            Hey, I have no trouble with the idea. Just my gut telling me he'll stay in HE. I would be more than happy to be proven wrong.... yet again!
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Confirmed in the BU-RPI never ending thread (I love HE fans) that Vinny Saponari is not going to BC Hmmmmmmmmmm. WS, will talk me off the ledge on this one but VS would look good with Neal and JL. Just a thought.
              FWIW, Heisenberg still lists him under BC.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                FWIW, Heisenberg still lists him under BC.
                I know I said that to the guy on the board and he responded right away that is was reported a month or so ago.

Comment

I know I said that to the guy on the board and he responded right away that is was reported a month or so ago.
                  Yes indeed it was, but besides for believing in Seth Appert, I believe in Chris Heisenberg.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yes indeed it was, but besides for believing in Seth Appert, I believe in Chris Heisenberg.
                    Can't disagree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      Hey, I have no trouble with the idea. Just my gut telling me he'll stay in HE. I would be more than happy to be proven wrong.... yet again!
                      FWIW, the other teams on his list when he decided on BC were New Hampshire, Vermont, Northeastern and RPI.

Comment

FWIW - the Green Mt. Glades (EJHL) (RPI goalie target Dalton Izyk) have cleaned house dismissing the HC and reassigning the GM. The Glades' first half has been marred by inconistent play on the ice (7-14-3) and trouble off the ice ( 3 players booted from team).

Dalton Izyk won his last. start 4-1 over Philly. His line is now 6-8-2, 3.01 GAA, .908 sv%.

Comment

FWIW, the other teams on his list when he decided on BC were New Hampshire, Vermont, Northeastern and RPI.
                          In that list one would have to think UNH is the competition. Do we know anything about is academics for admission?
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Sorry to intrude, but I figured I'd ask the experts a couple of questions about Heisenberg's listings. I always assumed that he listed his regional or junior league players in order of ability, i.e. the closer to the top of the list the better the prospect. Am I correct? If so, are these rankings based on his criteria or some other(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                              Sorry to intrude, but I figured I'd ask the experts a couple of questions about Heisenberg's listings. I always assumed that he listed his regional or junior league players in order of ability, i.e. the closer to the top of the list the better the prospect. Am I correct? If so, are these rankings based on his criteria or some other(s)?
                              I actually asked him this question in an email about 10 years ago. He wrote that it was his intention to do that, but the further that on goes from the northeast, the less familiar he is with the players on average. (The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle? ) Conceivably he knows more now about western leagues than he once did.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I actually asked him this question in an email about 10 years ago. He wrote that it was his intention to do that, but the further that on goes from the northeast, the less familiar he is with the players on average. (The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle? ) Conceivably he knows more now about western leagues than he once did.
                                Thanks for the answer Ralph-I had assumed that but wasn't completely sure. He does do quite a good job in keeping track of everything.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X