X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    As it sits now theres 16 forwards next year, 15 if Malchuk decides to leave and not use his redshirt.
    Appert mentioned in the pre-game interview at Cornell that Malchuk was coming back next year. It's probably subject to change but the way he said it, it sounds like that's the current plan.
    Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
      Appert mentioned in the pre-game interview at Cornell that Malchuk was coming back next year. It's probably subject to change but the way he said it, it sounds like that's the current plan.
      Excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        BigGuy said in message 495 that JL played LW yesterday.
        Also, I believe Coach McInnis said in one of his interviews with CjHL Snapshots earlier this year that he was going to try moving JL to wing. I guess he must like what he sees if he's still playing there.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
          Happily that confirms the information I had. i think highly of Joel. I think he does a lot of things that just do not show up on the score sheet. It will be important to have his maturity on this team next year.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Also, I believe Coach McInnis said in one of his interviews with CjHL Snapshots earlier this year that he was going to try moving JL to wing. I guess he must like what he sees if he's still playing there.
            JL seemed comfortable both on the left wing for even strength play and on the right side during the PP. I think he's fine where ever he is on the ice.

Comment

I think an all-Team Canada East line of Laliberte-Higgs-O'Grady would make for a nice combo.
              Sure would !!!!
              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

On Wednesday, the Gunnery Highlanders defeated the Millbrook Mustangs 8-1. Jake Wood did not dress.

Wood's line is now 15-9-8-17-?.
                Last edited by redhead18; 01-21-2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I see E. Cavosie has really turned things around at Albany Academy this year currently with a 15-4-1 record. They have a handful of players with some pretty decent numbers including son of the Col., Mark Knowlton. Gotta wonder if theres any interest in those players from RPI. Did anybody that was at the Berkshire/AA game a while back take notice in any of the AA players?

There was also a nice article about EC and the Academy in the TU a few weeks ago.
                  http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...cal-942692.php

Comment

On Wednesday, the Wellington Dukes defeated the Trenton Golden Hawks 7-2. Curtis Leonard had no points or penalties. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1346248

Leonard's line is now 40-2-19-21-20.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                      Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)           45-46-53- 99- 16 01/20/11  #492
                      Matt Neal            C Stouffville Spirit (OJHL)      42-35-46- 81- 12 01/22/11  #480
                      Mark McGowan        LW Oakville Blades (OJHL)         42-21-24- 45- 46 01/21/11  #486
                      Curtis Leonard      LD Wellington Dukes (OJHL)        40- 2-19- 21- 20 01/21/11  #519
                      Zach Schroeder      RC St Thomas Academy (Classic Sub)12- 6- 7- 13-  2 01/20/11  #500
                      Ryan Haggerty       RC USNTDP U-18                    29- 5- 6- 11- 15 01/22/11  #474
                      Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL) 28- 1- 8-  9- 79 01/21/11  #483

2011 or 2012
                      Mark Miller          F Omaha Lancers (USHL)           30- 4- 2-  6-  7 01/22/11  #481
                      Chris Bradley       LD Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)     32- 1- 3-  4-  2 01/21/11  #474

Mike Zalewski       LW Vernon Vipers (BCHL)           46-12-17- 29- 34 01/21/11  #493

Jake Wood           LW Gunnery School (NEPSHC)        16- 9- 8- 17-  ? 01/22/11  #517

Women
                      Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)       12- 8- 4-0-2.10-.891 01/22/11 only league games, missing game
                      Eleeza Cox           F Ridley College Tigers          20-29-13- 42-  ? 01/24/11 a lot of missing information
                                             Toronto Aeros (PWHL)           13- 4-10- 14-  4 01/22/11 only league games, missing game
                      Taylor Mahoney       F Chicago Mission 19U (MWEHL)    15- 8- 9- 17- 14 01/22/11 only league games
                      Kathryn Schilter     D Toronto Aeros (PWHL)           14- 1- 9- 10-  2 01/22/11 only league games, missing game
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I see E. Cavosie has really turned things around at Albany Academy this year currently with a 15-4-1 record. They have a handful of players with some pretty decent numbers including son of the Col., Mark Knowlton. Gotta wonder if theres any interest in those players from RPI. Did anybody that was at the Berkshire/AA game a while back take notice in any of the AA players?

There was also a nice article about EC and the Academy in the TU a few weeks ago.
                        http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...cal-942692.php
                        Coach has definitely been looking "locally" (i.e. in this state) as of late, so I would not be too surprised at all. Zalewski from Utica, D'Amigo from Binghamton, another recruit from Massena, Nick Bailen from Fredonia. Sounds like Albany Academy (I assume high school level) is looking locally, so this sounds like a gold mine for Coach, especially if they can get some really high quality talent that knows the RPI tradition.

Comment

as for Alb. Academy; they are a very exciting team to watch...very aggressive. There have been a # of scouts at their games, mostly D-3, although Leaman is at many of their games. I've seen about 5 of their games...players who've impressed; #14 David Limoges (Sr.), #20 Tyler Hynes (Jr. from Guilderland), #12 Matt Orenstein (Sr.), #19 Mark Knowlton could be a player to watch (Jr.), fast, elusive, very good skater, good vision of the ice....5'8'" 155lbs. good bloodline? Their next home game is 1/29/11 vs Willis North Hampton at 2pm....forgot to include #5 Albee Daley (Sr. Averill Pk. one of 2 Capt.'s) tough kid
                          Last edited by turk181; 01-20-2011, 09:04 AM.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

JL has 37 points in his last 10 games. Neal has 30 in his last 9. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                              JL has 37 points in his last 10 games. Neal has 30 in his last 9. Yikes.
                              Not bad.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                as for Alb. Academy; they are a very exciting team to watch...very aggressive. There have been a # of scouts at their games, mostly D-3, although Leaman is at many of their games. I've seen about 5 of their games...players who've impressed; #14 David Limoges (Sr.), #20 Tyler Hynes (Jr. from Guilderland), #12 Matt Orenstein (Sr.), #19 Mark Knowlton could be a player to watch (Jr.), fast, elusive, very good skater, good vision of the ice....5'8'" 155lbs. good bloodline? Their next home game is 1/29/11 vs Willis North Hampton at 2pm....forgot to include #5 Albee Daley (Sr. Averill Pk. one of 2 Capt.'s) tough kid

Joel Beal is also an assistant coach.
                                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X