Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

    Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    To make you, and others, feel better said recruit was a goalie. It's not making the mystery any easier to solve, however.
    Actually, it doesn't make me feel better, because it probably indicates that SA feels that we won't get Altshuller, and I don't know who else is out there with similar credentials.
    sigpic

    Let's Go 'Tute!

    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

    2012 Poser Of The Year

    Comment


    • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

      Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Actually, it doesn't make me feel better, because it probably indicates that SA feels that we won't get Altshuller, and I don't know who else is out there with similar credentials.
      Have faith, Ralph, Seth knows what to look for. If he brings a goalie in, it will be someone who can take over for York. I am guessing that he will be a 2012 recruit, which will give him a chance to grow in the position.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

      Comment


      • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

        Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Actually, it doesn't make me feel better, because it probably indicates that SA feels that we won't get Altshuller, and I don't know who else is out there with similar credentials.
        Maybe Vines was watching a different goaltender while in Manitoba, theres a kid on the US U-17 team that matches the ht/wt description thats been mentioned here. His team didnt play Friday night but he was the starter in his game on Saturday night. I guess he could have went back to Michigan Saturday morning in time for his game. Landon Noel from Kingston is another kid that has similar ht/wt and he was missing from Kingstons game Friday night. Just throwing a couple names out there from CH's site.

        Comment


        • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

          Congrats RPI....you have a good one in Jake Wood from the Gunnery School!
          Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

          Comment


          • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

            Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
            Congrats RPI....you have a good one in Jake Wood from the Gunnery School!
            Is there a link for this?
            sigpic

            Let's Go 'Tute!

            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

            2012 Poser Of The Year

            Comment


            • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

              Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
              Congrats RPI....you have a good one in Jake Wood from the Gunnery School!
              Sweet! USHR lists Jake as a 5'8" 155lb Junior forward from Georgetown,ON. So far this year he has a line of 14gp, 9g, 6a for 15pts. Looks to be either a 2012 or 13 recruit.

              Comment


              • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                http://www.thescoutingnews.com/index...news&Itemid=54 A total of 5 different OHL and NCAA programs have already initiated the process of scouting out the 1993 DOB Gunnery prep winger ...
                sigpic

                Let's Go 'Tute!

                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                2012 Poser Of The Year

                Comment


                • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                  Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                  Sweet! USHR lists Jake as a 5'8" 155lb Junior forward from Georgetown,ON. So far this year he has a line of 14gp, 9g, 6a for 15pts. Looks to be either a 2012 or 13 recruit.
                  5'8"? I guess that he wasn't the recruit seen over the weekend.

                  The fact that he is from Ontario means he is the same Jake Woods who was playing earlier in various minor leagues there.
                  sigpic

                  Let's Go 'Tute!

                  Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                  2012 Poser Of The Year

                  Comment


                  • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    http://www.thescoutingnews.com/index...news&Itemid=54 A total of 5 different OHL and NCAA programs have already initiated the process of scouting out the 1993 DOB Gunnery prep winger ...
                    This is from USHR back in 2009:
                    Gunnery-bound Jake Wood, a ’93 forward, also from the Halton Hurricanes AAA Minor Midget squad, is a 5’7”, 140 lb. whirling dervish. Skilled and fast, he’s very physical -- and strong for his size. Will finish his hits, and go hard into the corners. Good vision; great set-up guy.

                    Comment


                    • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                      redhead or anyone else who subscribes to USHR,

                      Assuming that his status as an RPI recruit is confirmed, can you post, for future games, his stat line?

                      Gunnery posts game summaries, but not stats, as far as I can determine. http://portal.gunnery.org/NetCommuni...93&Term=winter
                      sigpic

                      Let's Go 'Tute!

                      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                      2012 Poser Of The Year

                      Comment


                      • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                        http://www.thescoutingnews.com/index...0128&Itemid=53

                        What are scouts looking for in forwards? Speed! Afterburner is something Halton Hurricanes 93 DOB Jake Wood appears to be in possession of! The youngster made an immediate impact in summer hockey with his ability to make super sonic skates on the ice according to one scouting source!
                        http://mail.thescoutingnews.com/inde...1780&Itemid=53

                        According to the 1993 DOB winger Jake Wood he has filled the Halton Hurricanes leader shoes to great success over the last eight years! It's a known fact: scouts love leaders!
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-10-2011, 09:58 AM.
                        sigpic

                        Let's Go 'Tute!

                        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                        2012 Poser Of The Year

                        Comment


                        • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                          Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          redhead or anyone else who subscribes to USHR,

                          Assuming that his status as an RPI recruit is confirmed, can you post, for future games, his stat line?

                          Gunnery posts game summaries, but not stats, as far as I can determine. http://portal.gunnery.org/NetCommuni...93&Term=winter
                          I could probably do that, Gunnery is one of the schools that USHR seems to have up to date game info and stats for.

                          Comment


                          • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                            Sounds like an impressive kid! Has it been confirmed somewhere in writing that he is a commit?

                            Comment


                            • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                              Originally posted by ajt6954 View Post
                              Sounds like an impressive kid! Has it been confirmed somewhere in writing that he is a commit?
                              I could not find it. That was the reason for post 380.

                              I'll wait until confirmation before I add him to my list of recruits.
                              sigpic

                              Let's Go 'Tute!

                              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                              2012 Poser Of The Year

                              Comment


                              • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                                Gunnery plays at Albany Academy 2/19 at 3:30pm
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X