Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

    Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    Dont think DA is quite as tall as LeBeef, from looking at profiles at various sites it seems he is about 2-3 inches smaller than Guy. Ive seen DA listed at 6'2" and 6'3", Guy at 6'5" and 6'6".

    Hopefully he was in Troy and not in Belleville the reason for missing the Nepean game last night.
    DA is only 16 years old. He may still be growing. The tallest that I have seen The Beef listed is 6'5". They could be almost the same height. The fact that DA was not dressed makes me think that it indeed was him. AS to the blue, it wasn't either Nepean from this year or Ottawa from last season. I also don't think that it was from Team Ontario, but the only pictures that I have seen are from the last game when they were wearing Canada jerseys (which they may have also worn before) and from the tryout camp. He could be playing another sport in High School.
    sigpic

    Let's Go 'Tute!

    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

    2012 Poser Of The Year

    Comment


    • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

      Originally posted by knsmith View Post
      JL is now blowing away the league in the scoring race. Interestingly, despite Cornwall having the best powerplay in the league, the percentage of JL's points that come on the powerplay is down from about 40% last year to 30% or so this year. Cornwall does have the fewest powerplay opportunities in the league. JL's lead in the three star race is absolutely absurd at this point. I wonder if it is related to them having huge leads so often.

      Neal also has moved into the lead in his (very large) league in the three-star race. Cherry picking the very top players from Ontario JrA hockey to come in as 20 or 21-year old freshmen seems like a great way to get over losing Brutlag, Polacek, and Helfrich very very quickly (though they will, of course, nevertheless be sorely missed). It will also be a great way to deal with some growing pains with Haggerty and Schroeder, who have not demonstrated the ability to be consistently involved the way JL and MN have. I love their upside, but I just don't envision them dominating quite as quickly.
      JL has indeed picked up his pace over the last month or so. One interesting thing is that despite having had 9 short-handed goals the last two years, he has not had a short-handed assist in that time period.

      FIW, McGowan is tied four 4th in the OJHL in 3-star points.

      I completely agree that Haggerty and Schroeder, assuming that they do come in 2011, will have more growing pains than the other forwards. They could probably benefit from seasoning, but the odds are that they were recruited with the promise that it would be for 2011. OTOH, SA could probably convince either or both to play a season in the USHL.
      sigpic

      Let's Go 'Tute!

      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

      2012 Poser Of The Year

      Comment


      • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

        Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        DA is only 16 years old. He may still be growing. The tallest that I have seen The Beef listed is 6'5". They could be almost the same height. The fact that DA was not dressed makes me think that it indeed was him. AS to the blue, it wasn't either Nepean from this year or Ottawa from last season. I also don't think that it was from Team Ontario, but the only pictures that I have seen are from the last game when they were wearing Canada jerseys (which they may have also worn before) and from the tryout camp. He could be playing another sport in High School.
        OK - I'll amend my comment and say he was nearly as tall as LeBeef -- easily 6'2 -3 without a doubt. (I was looking from across the ice...)This is really bugging me that I didn't get close enough to the kid. Uggh.

        As for the blue, it's possible that the jacket he was wearing was from a camp, training ctr., or equipment supplier...I know I read somewhere that he trains with the Sens. goalie coach, who likely has his own side venture mentoring young keepers. And as Mr. A Sr. owns a hockey club, chances are there is a fair amount of supplier swag lying around the house.
        Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-08-2011, 12:06 PM.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

        Comment


        • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

          Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          As for the blue, it's possible that the jacket he was wearing was from a camp, training ctr., or equipment supplier...I know I read somewhere that he trains with the Sens. goalie coach, who likely has his own side venture mentoring young keepers. And as Mr. A Sr. owns a hockey club, chances are there is a fair amount of supplier swag lying around the house.
          It's also possible I made a mistake on the identification. Don't let the blue thing get in the way too much. I don't think he looked like Altshuller, but I can't say it with a very high degree of confidence. Hair was very different, and I remember the recruit looking a fair bit less than 195 lbs.
          RPI Class of 2012
          Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

          Comment


          • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

            On Saturday, the Youngstown Phantoms defeated the Muskegon Lumberjacks 4-3. Chris Bradley had no points or penalties. http://ushl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1341505

            Bradley's line is now 29-1-2-3-0.
            sigpic

            Let's Go 'Tute!

            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

            2012 Poser Of The Year

            Comment


            • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

              On Saturday, the Dubuque Fighting Saints defeated the Fargo Force 5-0. Luke Curadi did not dress. http://ushl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1341500

              Curadi's line is now 25-1-8-9-73.
              sigpic

              Let's Go 'Tute!

              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

              2012 Poser Of The Year

              Comment


              • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                On Saturday, the Omaha Lancers lost to the Lincoln Stars 4-0. Mark Miller had no points or penalties. http://ushl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1341502

                Miller's line is now 27-4-2-6-7.
                sigpic

                Let's Go 'Tute!

                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                2012 Poser Of The Year

                Comment


                • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                  On Saturday, the Oakville Blades defeated the Georgetown Raiders 4-2. Mark McGowan had an assist and a hooking penalty. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1346196

                  McGowan's line is now 39-20-23-43-40.
                  sigpic

                  Let's Go 'Tute!

                  Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                  2012 Poser Of The Year

                  Comment


                  • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                    On Saturday, the Stouffville Spirit defeated the Mississauga Chargers 10-1. Matt Neal had two goals (1 PPG, 1 SHG) and an assist. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1346200

                    Neal's line is now 39-33-37-70-10.
                    sigpic

                    Let's Go 'Tute!

                    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                    2012 Poser Of The Year

                    Comment


                    • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                      On Saturday, the Wellington Dukes defeated the Dixie Beehives 4-2. Curtis Leonard had an assist. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1346192

                      Leonard's line is now 35-2-18-20-14.
                      sigpic

                      Let's Go 'Tute!

                      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                      2012 Poser Of The Year

                      Comment


                      • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                        On Saturday, the USNTDP U18 Team lost to the Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs 4-1. Ryan Haggerty did not dress. http://www.collegehockeystats.net/10...s/mmndu181.j08

                        Haggerty's line is now 27-3-6-9-13.
                        sigpic

                        Let's Go 'Tute!

                        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                        2012 Poser Of The Year

                        Comment


                        • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                          On Saturday, the Vernon Vipers defeated the Westside Warriors 6-4. Mike Zalewski had an assist and slashing and roughing after the whistle penalties. http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/hockey_bo...0331&link=bchl

                          Zalewski's line is now 44-12-17-29-30.
                          sigpic

                          Let's Go 'Tute!

                          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                          2012 Poser Of The Year

                          Comment


                          • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                            Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            OK - I'll amend my comment and say he was nearly as tall as LeBeef -- easily 6'2 -3 without a doubt. (I was looking from across the ice...)This is really bugging me that I didn't get close enough to the kid. Uggh.

                            As for the blue, it's possible that the jacket he was wearing was from a camp, training ctr., or equipment supplier...I know I read somewhere that he trains with the Sens. goalie coach, who likely has his own side venture mentoring young keepers. And as Mr. A Sr. owns a hockey club, chances are there is a fair amount of supplier swag lying around the house.
                            Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                            It's also possible I made a mistake on the identification. Don't let the blue thing get in the way too much. I don't think he looked like Altshuller, but I can't say it with a very high degree of confidence. Hair was very different, and I remember the recruit looking a fair bit less than 195 lbs.
                            The facts that DA did not dress for Friday's game, he is approximately the right size, and Vines recently watched him play, make me strongly suspect that it indeed was him.
                            sigpic

                            Let's Go 'Tute!

                            Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                            2012 Poser Of The Year

                            Comment


                            • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                              On Saturday, the St. Thomas Academy Cadets defeated the Mahtomedi Zephyrs 6-1. Zach Schroeder had an assist. http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/show...ubseason=27330

                              Schroeder's line is now 9-5-4-9-2.
                              sigpic

                              Let's Go 'Tute!

                              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                              2012 Poser Of The Year

                              Comment


                              • Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

                                Code:
                                2011
                                Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)           43-43-50- 93- 16 01/13/11  #331
                                Matt Neal            C Stouffville Spirit (OJHL)      39-33-36- 70- 10 01/13/11  #354
                                Mark McGowan        LW Oakville Blades (OJHL)         39-20-23- 43- 40 01/13/11  #353
                                Curtis Leonard      LD Wellington Dukes (OJHL)        35- 2-18- 20- 14 01/09/11  #355
                                Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL) 25- 1- 8-  9- 73 01/14/11  #351
                                Ryan Haggerty       RC USNTDP U-18                    27- 3- 6-  9- 13 01/14/11  #356
                                Zach Schroeder      RC St Thomas Academy (Classic Sub) 9- 5- 4-  9-  2 01/13/11  #359
                                
                                2011 or 2012
                                Mark Miller          F Omaha Lancers (USHL)           27- 4- 2-  6-  7 01/13/11  #352
                                Chris Bradley       LD Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)     29- 1- 2-  3-  0 01/09/11  #350
                                
                                2012
                                Mike Zalewski       LW Vernon Vipers (BCHL)           44-12-17- 29- 30 01/14/11  #357
                                
                                
                                Women
                                Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)       11- 7- 4-0-2.11-.889 01/09/11 only league games
                                Eleeza Cox           F Ridley College Tigers           7-11- 2- 13-  ? 01/09/11 a lot of missing information
                                                       Toronto Aeros (PWHL)            9- 2- 6-  8-  4 01/09/11 only league games
                                Taylor Mahoney       F Chicago Mission 19U (MWEHL)    11- 7- 6- 13- 10 01/09/11 only league games
                                Kathryn Schilter     D Toronto Aeros (PWHL)           11- 1- 7-  8-  2 01/09/11 only league games
                                sigpic

                                Let's Go 'Tute!

                                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                                2012 Poser Of The Year

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X