X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. III

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    FWIW, Altshuller also has an older brother Shaun, a speedy winger playing in Nepean as well.
    I wonder if we would play that game here. I have always figured that we signed Matt Tinordi mainly to get the inside track on Jarred. Matt does have skills, but I don't think that we would otherwise have been interested. Shaun Altshuller is small and not a prolific scorer, although his stats have been improving from year to year. My gut feeling is that we have no interest in him.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A Hockey News article about Daniel Altshuller from a year ago http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-steps-up.html.

“He’s got great lateral movement, a good glove and he’s a big boy,” Yablonski said of his 6-foot-2, 170-pound keeper. “He flops around a little at times, he’ll make those Dominik Hasek saves, (but) he finds ways to stop the puck.”
      Bellville apparently has his OHL rights http://www.bellevillebulls.com/artic...ds-in-winnipeg.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Altshuller's CHL page http://pointstreak.com/prostats/play...&seasonid=5782.

Comments before last year's OHL draft http://media.ontariohockeyleague.com...-crisp-p141999
        "Daniel is a quiet but effective butterfly goalie that relies on his positioning and size to stop the puck," Kitamura said. "He takes away as much of the net as possible to limit the shooting areas and frustrates shooters with his positioning. He also has great control of his body and is able to absorb rebounds."
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

just finished watching an encore presentation of the U-17 Gold game; US vs Canada....Altshuller was in net for Canada...I believe the announcer said Missauga(sic) held his OHL rights but he declined to play for them because he didn't like their goalie situation, whatever that means. He gave up 3 goals in the game, US lost 5-3, all goals that should've been stopped. The 3rd goal especially. It was a shot from the blueline that looked to go off his right leg pad. The first 2 goals were both high shots over the blocker (right hand). All in all, he wasn't overly impressive although the announcer did point out that he plays Tier II so he's not accustomed to the caliber of shots. Also, I think I remember Matt Lane's named being mentioned earlier in this thread...I heard his name twice in the game, not involved in anything.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            We also know that SA appears to like tall goalies, and Altshuller would fit that profile. He must be quite good since he has gotten all the playing time so far over an OHL goalie. He won the November CHL Rookie of the Month award http://centraljuniorhockeyleague.ca/...ews/news_19618.
            Just to reiterate, in the U-17 he was playing for the most part against kids in MJs and was named the all-star goalie...I'd say his game is coming along nicely. Obviously, the challenge will be to keep him from heading to the O.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              I see that Heisenberg has only 1 goalie listed out of the Ontario/Eastern Canada leagues for 2012...Altshuller
              Just to be clear (Ralph taught me well), I did mention this in my initial post.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                JMO, I still think we'll see a goaltender recruited for next season, someone with the option of coming in 2012 if York stays. RPI almost landed Casey DeSmith whos now headed to UNH in the fall, John Keeney is a name thats been brought up before and of course both of Montys keepers in DBQ are still uncommitted. So it might be possible to see three recruited goaltenders in 2012 with Keeney or one of the DBQ guys, Merriam, and possibly Altshuller. With the skill Altshuller has, I dont think RPI could afford to have him wait till 2013 when Merriam graduates.

FWIW, Altshuller also has an older brother Shaun, a speedy winger playing in Nepean as well.
                I completely agree with your keeper analysis. Seth isn't looking for one goalie, he's looking for two...a year apart.
                Also, folks who follow the CJHL might recall that Mr. Altshuller is owner/GM of the Nepean Raiders) was involved in that messy tangle with then-Raider coach Gary Galley. The story was that the boss called Galley and specifically told him what players to play in what situation "or else"... Galley called his bluff and quit over the Christmas break, taking the entire coaching staff walked with him. Just a little piece of CJHL history.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                  Happy New Year fellas...i held my breath for this one...

http://www.youtube.com/user/wethepeople18254
                  Man I love that Kid...send me 1/2 the food bill !!!!!!!
                  What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Villanova Knights forward Phil Di Giuseppe who visited RPI a few weeks ago has accepted a full scholarship to the University of Michigan.

When legendary head coach Red Berenson ascended to Nobleton Arena to watch the Villanova Knights and St. Michael's Buzzers in Ontario Junior Hockey League action just before the Christmas break, you knew the Michigan Wolverines were high on someone.

And they were!

The Wolverines have offered Knights' winger Phil Di Giuseppe a full ride starting next season to the University of Michigan and he has accepted their offer.
                    Last edited by redhead18; 01-06-2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2917130

THE RETURN OF JAKE

While MacInnis was pretty sure high-scoring forward Jacob Laliberte would be back with the Colts this season, his decision to defer his college career at RPI for another year came as somewhat of a surprise.

No surprise how he's dominated offensively though. Laliberte currently leads the league in scoring (86 points) and goals (39).

"He's a great kid to coach and he loves to play," says MacInnis of Laliberte.

"His play on the ice has been great. He's matured a lot in the last year too. He's in no hurry."

So is Laliberte ready to move on to the U.S. College game?

"Yes, he is," says MacInnis, who hopes the move only comes after a very long, successful playoff run with the Colts.

Comment

We seem to be losing out on quite a few recruits to the Wolverines, I count four to date Boo Nieves, Justin Selman, Brennan Serville and now Phil Di Giuseppe.

Comment

On Thursday, the St. Thomas Academy Cadets defeated the South St. Paul Packers 4-2. Zach Schroeder scored a goal. http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/show...eferrer=205980

Schroeder's line is now 8-5-3-8-2.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-09-2011, 03:30 AM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Thursday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Cumberland Grads 7-3. Jacob Laliberté had two goals, two assists, and a hooking penalty. He was named #1 star. http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1318789

Laliberté's line is now 42-41-49-90-16.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Thursday, the Oakville Blades lost to the Brampton Capitals 4-3. Mark McGowan had no points or penalties. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1346177

McGowan's line is now 37-19-22-41-38.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Thursday, the Stouffville Spirit defeated the Milton Icehawks 11-2. Matt Neal had two goals and two assists. He was named #2 star. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1346181

Neal's line is now 37-29-35-64-10.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X