Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    I think he means after DU and CC, since he paired them up.
    No...I meant UND and UAA. UND is the school that's geographically the closest to UAA (besides CC and DU).
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

By the way...I think I should be in charge of naming our weekly threads. The rest of you guys have ZERO imagination.

This starts for the series against fUMD.

Comment

Do you people ever sleep?
        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by waterlover View Post
          I think we all assumed this was coming, not sure if I like it or not but given the alternatives I've heard tossed out I think this is best.
          I'm not shocked, but I am kinda surprised, I figured they'd shuffle. How would you have wanted it shaped up? I thought either UAA would get UNO, UND would get us or BSU, and MSUM would get who UND didn't, or BSU would get UAA would get BSU, MSUM would get UNO, and the rest would stay, so they could make one of the noobs have the Alaska flight every year, but I'd say this works just as well too.

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
          They should just rearrange the rivalries. Some you would obviously keep, though.

Denver vs. Colorado College
          Minnesota vs. Wisconsin
          Minnesota-Duluth vs. Michigan Tech
          North Dakota vs. Alaska-Anchorage
          Mankato State vs. Nebraska-Omaha
          St. Cloud State vs. Bemidji State
          There is ZERO chance UND would have gotten UAA because they wouldn't have been ok with getting the Alaska flight every year, and they have enough pull in the WCHA to prevent that from happening.

By the way...I think I should be in charge of naming our weekly threads. The rest of you guys have ZERO imagination.

This starts for the series against fUMD.
          Ok smart guy , let's see you audition on this thread with coming up with the Miami series thread title....
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Somehow, the name "Skeeterman" on twitter is taken by some jackhole from Mesquite, TX.

I am sad.
            thumbs down
            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo Swoon is in season.
            Originally posted by Husky Fan Roy If this turns out to be correct: Big Pieps > Kevin Allenspach

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              I'm not shocked, but I am kinda surprised, I figured they'd shuffle. How would you have wanted it shaped up? I thought either UAA would get UNO, UND would get us or BSU, and MSUM would get who UND didn't, or BSU would get UAA would get BSU, MSUM would get UNO, and the rest would stay, so they could make one of the noobs have the Alaska flight every year, but I'd say this works just as well too.
              I wouldn't be surprised if Mankato wanted to keep UAA. The two extra games every year are probably nice.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

INCH comes out with their recruiting class rankings, and SCSU's is ranked 7th and 3rd in the WCHA behind DU and MN. Not bad for a team only bringing in 4 guys.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...steam_0801.htm

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Ok smart guy , let's see you audition on this thread with coming up with the Miami series thread title....
                  St. Cloud State at Miami: Fun in the Sun (What? It's where? Awww)

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                    Do you people ever sleep?

Nope

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Mankato wanted to keep UAA. The two extra games every year are probably nice.
                      Exactly. I think every team would be OK with UAA each year. Budgets being what they are an extra two home games each year is something just about every athletic department would be OK with.

Comment

INCH comes out with their recruiting class rankings, and SCSU's is ranked 7th and 3rd in the WCHA behind DU and MN. Not bad for a team only bringing in 4 guys.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...steam_0801.htm
                        Plus coaches and media pick Husckeys to finish in top five with Lee as the ROY.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                          Plus coaches and media pick Husckeys to finish in top five with Lee as the ROY.
                          Yeah, but 5th isn't anything to blow up anyone's skirt. I think this team has to feel like they need a top 3 finish.

Comment

They should just rearrange the rivalries. Some you would obviously keep, though.

Denver vs. Colorado College
                            Minnesota vs. Wisconsin
                            Minnesota-Duluth vs. Michigan Tech
                            North Dakota vs. Alaska-Anchorage
                            Mankato State vs. Nebraska-Omaha
                            St. Cloud State vs. Bemidji State
                            Would leave the first 3 and then go:
                            North Dakota/Bemidji
                            UNO/UAA
                            SCSU/Kato

Yeah, but 5th isn't anything to blow up anyone's skirt. I think this team has to feel like they need a top 3 finish.
                            Top 3 indeed! Time for this team to make some noise right out of the gate (Miami that is, not Lethbridge.)

Comment

Exactly!

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Exactly!
                                Holy ****! You agree with me on SCSU's goals, I defend you on the potential for the stadium.... that's us on the same page twice in one day, and we didn't even have to rag on Tony Mosey to do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X