Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Originally posted by bigpopskie View Post
    Greetings ya'll...just wondering if anyone knows a website to catch the game for free? I know that Miami has a pay per view service but you guys are the ones usually up on all this...and if you dont like don lyons (insert shameless self promotion) you can listen to the huskies (most of the games) on kvsc.org and 88.1fm...

Take it easy ya'll
    Sorry, The video stream for all games online cost money.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by startthebus View Post
      Well I work, then I am going clubbing...
      Don’t forget to wear your collar up.

Comment

I think the sad thing about this weekend is this team hasn't learned a damm thing from last year. They lost the game last night because they couldn't do a simple clear in OT after playing one hell of a game. Their power play was brutal all weekend and they gave up a cheap goal tonight right after a face off because the team was sleeping. I know it is only the first weekend, but why should I believe this team has learned one thing? The only thing missing this year from last year would be them laying a huge egg next friday and play like they don't even care. Again I know it is only the first weekend and Miami is one hell of a team, but making the same stupid mistakes game after game doesn't leave me with much faith that this team is going to be any different this year than last year.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Recruit Update

Milan: 17 pts (9G 8A) 5PIM in 11 games for Penticton (BCHL)
          Dowd: 3 points (0G 3A) 4PIM +3 in 3 games for Indiana (USHL)
          Oliver: 0 points 9PIM E in 3 games for Fargo (USHL)
          Ravndalen: 0 points +1 in 3 games for Waterloo (USHL)
          Benik: 5 points (2G 3A) in 2 games for Minnesota (MNJHL) (injured)
          Jensen: 1 point (0G, 1A) 2PIM +3 in 3 games for Green Bay (USHL)
          Gravel: 0 points -2 in 3 games for Sioux City (USHL)

HS
          Benik: St. Francis
          Prochno: Minnetonka
          Prochno: 4 points (1G 3A) in 11 games for Team Southwest (Elite League)
          Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 10-11-2009, 10:18 PM.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
            Clubbing in St. Cloud? You mean you are going downtown ho hunting?
            I went to Minneapolis Thursday and St. Paul Friday..The St. Cloud nightlife is dead to me.
            Originally posted by brianvf View Post
            You're a true fan.
            Because I have better things to do then sit around a radio on my Friday and Saturday nights?
            not to stick up for the kid, but the game starts at 6:00. Since he is a waiter I would guess by the time he gets off the game will be over. Ok, what the hell he is aband wagon fan!
            I did work during the game Friday yeah,
            Originally posted by brianvf View Post
            Gotta make time for hockey.

When I used to always have to work on Friday nights during college, my co-worker and I would have the game on tv at work, then once we were done with work at 9pm, we would drive to REA and sneak in the smokers entrance to watch the last 1/2 period.

If the game was on tv we probably would have had it on at Red Lobster..

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
              Because I have better things to do then sit around a radio on my Friday and Saturday nights?
              Exactly.
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I went to Minneapolis Thursday and St. Paul Friday..The St. Cloud nightlife is dead to me.

Meaning you can't even get laid in St. Cloud! So let me guess you have to go down to the cities and hit on white trash chics who are to stupid to go to college?

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

I think Brian's premise that sitting around a radio on Fri and Sat nights is having more to do than clubbing in the Cities.
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Meaning you can't even get laid in St. Cloud! So let me guess you have to go down to the cities and hit on white trash chics who are to stupid to go to college?
                    Meaning the cities have been funner this year as far as nightlife, and I can get laid in both places, with a less chance of catching something down south!
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                    I think Brian's premise that sitting around a radio on Fri and Sat nights is having more to do than clubbing in the Cities.
                    Sitting around a radio on a weekend night means you have no life. I don't care who you are, if you're under 30, don't do this to yourself.

Comment

Meaning the cities have been funner this year as far as nightlife, and I can get laid in both places, with a less chance of catching something down south!
                      From your signature, it sounds like you feel that the Cities is much safer than going West. Something you wanna tell us? Not that we wanna hear, just curious.
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• SCSU Season thread - Don't get your hopes up too high

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        From your signature, it sounds like you feel that the Cities is much safer than going West. Something you wanna tell us? Not that we wanna hear, just curious.
                        Whose got the clap!? Mankatos got the clap!
                        Last edited by startthebus; 10-14-2009, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Whose got the clap!? Mankatos got the clap!
                          They really do. The clap epicenter for the entire universe is a place called The Haze.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Since there is zero hockey talk in the series thread....
                            Senior defenseman Craig Gaudet has been waiting for his chance, sometimes patiently, other times -- well, he's only human. Including his two games last weekend in the season-opening series at Miami (both losses), Gaudet has played just 17 games as a Husky. But he's scored seven points, including an assist against the top-ranked RedHawks and a goal against this weekend's opponent, the Union Dutchmen. So, at long last, it should be no surprise that he's in the lineup again and hoping to make it a habit.

"What's done is done," Gaudet said of his frustrations at being a routine healthy scratch in the past. "My first three years here are behind me. I gave it a lot of extra effort this summer to put myself in a position to grab a spot. I know I'm not overly flashy. I'm the kind of player where I'm at my best when you don't notice me. Hopefully I can be that type of player this year and go out with my best as a senior."

While Gaudet, a good puck-moving defenseman, might help the Huskies offensively on the blue line, their other concern is the power play -- which went 0-for-10 last weekend.

"You want to play on the power play?" SCSU coach Bob Motzko asked his players during a break in practice this week. "Make a play? Make A play, and we'll give you the chance. The spots are there to be won."

Motzko went on to change personnel and tweak the man-advantage units in an effort to inject some more offense for a team that wasn't supposed to need it.

"We blew it up," he said of the power-play approach they took to Miami. "We started over and I liked it better this week."

Among the changes you might notice are Tony Mosey going from the fourth line to the No. 1 PP unit, and Brett Barta getting back out there on the man advantage, too. The Huskies could use as many as three different sets of PPers against Union.

Oh, and one other wrinkle. Mike Lee will start Friday's game, his National Hockey Center debut. Pending the outcome, the staff will determine whether he or junior Dan Dunn will go in Saturday's rematch.

Forwards

Jared Festler-Drew LeBlanc-Ryan Lasch
                            Ben Hanowski-Garrett Roe-Brian Volpei
                            Jordy Christian-Aaron Marvin-Travis Novak
                            Tony Mosey-Nick Oslund-Ryan Peckskamp

Defense

Brett Barta-Garrett Raboin
                            Sam Zabkowicz-Chris Hepp
                            Oliver Lauridsen-Craig Gaudet

Goalies

Mike Lee
                            Dan Dunn
                            Nate Hardy
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

What happened to your goalie, Wetterling?

Comment

Originally posted by jay ferguson View Post
                                What happened to your goalie, Wetterling?
                                Wetterling?
                                Holy Crap.
                                It's Weslosky and he's ineligible and transferred to Bemidji.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X