Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSU at Wisconsin: Who care if no one cares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innova
    replied
    Re: BSU at Wisconsin: Who care if no one cares?

Don't worry, we all get screwed by the refs:

Leave a comment:

• bsubuffs33
    replied

I would like to apologize for inferring that any of the poor officiating had anything to do with UW. The UW fans were great hosts the entire weekend, we were welcomed with open arms. The band was awesome and I was very impressed with UW's huge student section. It is frustrating as a new member of the WCHA to get the short end of officiating constantly though. I dont mind losing to good teams but when obvious calls like the holding non call that lead to a goal happen it just gets old. Especially when you drive 8-9 hours for it.

Leave a comment:

• GoBucky
    replied

Originally posted by bsubuffs33 View Post
    As for the rest of the weekend to say the refs were sketchy is a huge understatement.
    Welcome to the WCHA

WISCONSIN SAYS IT ALL! where if youre not cheating your not trying....
    Another Minnesota team in the WCHA how fun... bring on the Big Ten.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied
    How does anything to do with the tv feed going commercial or the replay boards not showing the replay equate to wisconsin cheating? Do you understand how the replay system works in the wcha?
    The 5 minute penalty to walters was a very fair call. As for the rest of the weekend to say the refs were sketchy is a huge understatement. I thought I was at a womens game or a gopher game when they called Areshenko's perfectly legal hit roughing. Then there was the first Badger goal on saturday. Must be nice to get 3-2 rush's after holding Cramers jersey stretching it as far as it would go without ripping. What a joke of a review on saturday too. I was at that end of the ice, and it was a goal! How convenient that the replay was never showed on the big screen, or that on the tv broadcast they went to commercial and never even mentioned there was a review happening. WISCONSIN SAYS IT ALL! where if youre not cheating your not trying....

Leave a comment:

• bsubuffs33
    replied

The 5 minute penalty to walters was a very fair call. As for the rest of the weekend to say the refs were sketchy is a huge understatement. I thought I was at a womens game or a gopher game when they called Areshenko's perfectly legal hit roughing. Then there was the first Badger goal on saturday. Must be nice to get 3-2 rush's after holding Cramers jersey stretching it as far as it would go without ripping. What a joke of a review on saturday too. I was at that end of the ice, and it was a goal! How convenient that the replay was never showed on the big screen, or that on the tv broadcast they went to commercial and never even mentioned there was a review happening. WISCONSIN SAYS IT ALL! where if youre not cheating your not trying....

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Did anyone think that the CFB was a legit 5 minute major?

I didn't.
    The Beaver didn't try and slow down and he did extend his arms/stick out into Schultz as Schultz had his body tilted over at an angle trying to stop at the boards. The gap between the 2 was sufficient to be called a "getting a run" at him. Schultz's angle meant his head got hammered into the boards. It wasn't a classic CFB case, perhaps boarding, but I thought he deserved 5 with the head issue. He could have pulled up and hit him with less force and didn't.

That first 10 minutes was maddening. I might as well skip the first ten, then turn on the tv. At least they are resiliant and can fight back to get back into games.

Zengerle's vision and decisiveness with the puck is amazing. On the PP goal the puck got to Smith so fast the defenders had no chance to react to Smith in the slot.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Did anyone think that the CFB was a legit 5 minute major?

I didn't.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Got the replay on and they just said something like:

"Zengerle carries the puck to center ice where he is sandwiched by two beavers!"

Ahhh, the life of a D-1 athlete.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Was scary early...props for being patient.

Congrats to Madison native Jordan "Gorgeous" George for scoring against his hometown team.
    It seemed that Mersch had something extra to say to him after he buried him in the third.

Probably had something to do with George popping off about not even being looked at by UW. Something like "Welcome home b-i-t-c-h!"

Leave a comment:

• MadCityRich
    replied

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
    You should get those sounds in your head looked at. 3-2 win for Bucky.
    Was scary early...props for being patient.

Congrats to Madison native Jordan "Gorgeous" George for scoring against his hometown team.

Leave a comment:

• GoBucky
    replied

Originally posted by GoBeavers View Post
    Sounds like you are very familiar with that position...from the way it sounds so does your team.
    You should get those sounds in your head looked at. 3-2 win for Bucky.

Leave a comment:

• GoBeavers
    replied

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I didn't want to intimidate the Beaver fans with a game thread. I didn't want to see their fans curled up in the fetal position in corners scatter all over the state. But on the otherhand, obviously they felt intimidated because they didn't start a thread.

Wisconsin Hockey: Fear the Kohl; Fear the Badger
    Sounds like you are very familiar with that position...from the way it sounds so does your team.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
    As a badger fan I don’t think I’ve ever seen a case where there was no game thread. Sure it’s not the Gophers, NoDak or Denver but it’s a WCHA series, and certainly more entertaining than Michigan Tech or Alaska A coming to town.
    Looking at the season threads for both teams they barely mention each other. Our wonderful sports writer who covers the Hockey team hasn’t posted this weekends anticipated lineups like he usually does.
    Also, I've never started a thread before so what the heck.
    The rest of the world cares even less. One of you lives in a hole in the ground, the other lives in a hole in the ground in water. You deserve to be alone together.

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied

Originally posted by gmann View Post
    BSU excels at playing the trap. Ask any UNO fan they know.
    Oh yeah, I forgot BSU plays that way........

Leave a comment:

• gmann
    replied

Originally posted by timothy a View Post
    i didn't want to intimidate the beaver fans with a game thread. I didn't want to see their fans curled up in the fetal position in corners scatter all over the state. But on the otherhand, obviously they felt intimidated because they didn't start a thread.

Wisconsin hockey: Fear the paint; fear the thinner
    fyp

Leave a comment:

Working...
X