Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSU at Wisconsin: Who care if no one cares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BSU at Wisconsin: Who care if no one cares?

Did anyone think that the CFB was a legit 5 minute major?

I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Did anyone think that the CFB was a legit 5 minute major?

I didn't.
      The Beaver didn't try and slow down and he did extend his arms/stick out into Schultz as Schultz had his body tilted over at an angle trying to stop at the boards. The gap between the 2 was sufficient to be called a "getting a run" at him. Schultz's angle meant his head got hammered into the boards. It wasn't a classic CFB case, perhaps boarding, but I thought he deserved 5 with the head issue. He could have pulled up and hit him with less force and didn't.

That first 10 minutes was maddening. I might as well skip the first ten, then turn on the tv. At least they are resiliant and can fight back to get back into games.

Zengerle's vision and decisiveness with the puck is amazing. On the PP goal the puck got to Smith so fast the defenders had no chance to react to Smith in the slot.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The 5 minute penalty to walters was a very fair call. As for the rest of the weekend to say the refs were sketchy is a huge understatement. I thought I was at a womens game or a gopher game when they called Areshenko's perfectly legal hit roughing. Then there was the first Badger goal on saturday. Must be nice to get 3-2 rush's after holding Cramers jersey stretching it as far as it would go without ripping. What a joke of a review on saturday too. I was at that end of the ice, and it was a goal! How convenient that the replay was never showed on the big screen, or that on the tv broadcast they went to commercial and never even mentioned there was a review happening. WISCONSIN SAYS IT ALL! where if youre not cheating your not trying....
        BEAVER FEVER!

Comment

How does anything to do with the tv feed going commercial or the replay boards not showing the replay equate to wisconsin cheating? Do you understand how the replay system works in the wcha?
          Originally posted by bsubuffs33 View Post
          The 5 minute penalty to walters was a very fair call. As for the rest of the weekend to say the refs were sketchy is a huge understatement. I thought I was at a womens game or a gopher game when they called Areshenko's perfectly legal hit roughing. Then there was the first Badger goal on saturday. Must be nice to get 3-2 rush's after holding Cramers jersey stretching it as far as it would go without ripping. What a joke of a review on saturday too. I was at that end of the ice, and it was a goal! How convenient that the replay was never showed on the big screen, or that on the tv broadcast they went to commercial and never even mentioned there was a review happening. WISCONSIN SAYS IT ALL! where if youre not cheating your not trying....

Comment

As for the rest of the weekend to say the refs were sketchy is a huge understatement.
            Welcome to the WCHA

WISCONSIN SAYS IT ALL! where if youre not cheating your not trying....
            Another Minnesota team in the WCHA how fun... bring on the Big Ten.
            Wisconsin Badgers
            NCAA Champions 1973 1977 1981 1983 1990 2006

Comment

I would like to apologize for inferring that any of the poor officiating had anything to do with UW. The UW fans were great hosts the entire weekend, we were welcomed with open arms. The band was awesome and I was very impressed with UW's huge student section. It is frustrating as a new member of the WCHA to get the short end of officiating constantly though. I dont mind losing to good teams but when obvious calls like the holding non call that lead to a goal happen it just gets old. Especially when you drive 8-9 hours for it.
              BEAVER FEVER!

Comment

Don't worry, we all get screwed by the refs:

Comment

Working...
                X