No announcement yet.

The WJC Thread. USA! USA! USA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The WJC Thread that HOKYDOPE didn't Start. USA! USA! USA!

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    Correct on Coyle, Clendening and Dumoulin. Sounds like Samuelsson will make it, too. I don't think he should, but I'm hearing he will. Nieto, Brickley and Oleksiak are all right on the bubble, but will probably be out barring an injury. Wey would have to be absolutely spectacular in camp and probably have a couple guys go down to make it.
    would love to know your source on this one
    brickley in, samuelson out

Comment

so why again is Clendening a lock for this team?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        so why again is Clendening a lock for this team?
        ntdp play, as hokydad points out often the us program loves their own guys. plus, he's a puck moving defenseman who has played on a national stage before (see u-18 championships)

Comment

Based on his play the past month there is no way he should be on the team
          He has eligibility for the team next year so even with the NTDP backgound
          they could cut him knowing he can try out again next year

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
            Based on his play the past month there is no way he should be on the team
            He has eligibility for the team next year so even with the NTDP backgound
            they could cut him knowing he can try out again next year
            Not an issue that he shouldnt be on it. Him and Samuelson both have done nothing so far this year to earna spot. AC has a better chance because the program is also obsessed with getting their players drafted and they know this helps.

Torey Krug and others hould be at the camp, not the same guys every single time. How many times does Samuelson need to be there and be the last ranked and first cut? I guess until he makes it

Comment

Hokydad, nobody on here is arguing that Samuelsson SHOULD be on the team. Why do you insist on arguing with yourself?

Comment

Hokydad, nobody on here is arguing that Samuelsson SHOULD be on the team. Why do you insist on arguing with yourself?
                Fed said as follows last night....

"Sounds like Samuelsson will make it, too. I don't think he should, but I'm hearing he will." Quote

I agree it is beating a dead horse but I am not Fed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  Fed said as follows last night....

"Sounds like Samuelsson will make it, too. I don't think he should, but I'm hearing he will." Quote

I agree it is beating a dead horse but I am not Fed.
                  Note those two bolded words. The only thing to argue about is how reliable my source is. I think he's very reliable. You don't. I can't reveal who it is. There's very little to debate here. We'll just have to wait and see.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by J.D.
                    I give up, I really do.

If someone else wants to explain it to him, be my guest.
                    So if you came on and said, "my sources say player A will make team, even though I dont think he should"

And someone responds with, I agree, he shouldnt make it and my sources say the opposite on both him and the other player you mention"

That is a wrong discussion to have?

talk about being dense

I am well aware of the fact he agreed he shouldnt make it.

Comment

My exclusive source just texted me, he/she said that not only is Clendening a lock for the team, he is sure to be the captain, and will most likely see some time in net.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/liq_wYFkMoU?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/liq_wYFkMoU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Comment

You can aways ignore the team. Every once in a while, I try to get some interest, especially since the program is in my home town. So I wander onto threads like this.

And then read threads like, well, you know.

Which leads me to not be interested. Yea, I know I'm posting on the thread- which implies interest. But I'm doing this to show that the constant bickering goes a long way in alienating fans that should be supporting the program in real life. It seems as if every time I want to get interested in this hockey progam, people do their best in showing me why I am not.

so you wonder why people don't even remember that we won anything. I sure can't. We won last year???

Some of you are doing a great job fanning that apathy.
                          Last edited by Fan Forum Moderator; 12-15-2010, 03:54 PM. Reason: edited to remove quoted attacks on a poster

Comment

We all know quite a bit about the US and Canadian teams...What do people know about the European teams? Who are supposed to be strong this year? Russia has been down lately, will they bounce back this year? I'm guessing we should expect Sweden to have a good team, as they usually do.
                            Last edited by Fan Forum Moderator; 12-15-2010, 03:54 PM. Reason: edited to remove attacks on a poster
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              We all know quite a bit about the US and Canadian teams...What do people know about the European teams? Who are supposed to be strong this year? Russia has been down lately, will they bounce back this year? I'm guessing we should expect Sweden to have a good team, as they usually do.
                              The way the groups line up, it seems like the Canadians got the group of death. The Russians, the Swedes, and the Czechs usually turn in decent efforts historically. In our group I think really only the Finns are worth getting excited over.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Wouldn't be a WJC without some blowouts and there are already a few blowouts going on in the Division I (in Belarus and Slovenia) and Division II (in the Netherlands and Romania) tournaments which are going on now.

DI:
                                Italy 6, Japan 0
                                Latvia 6, Great Britain 1
                                Belarus 7, Ukraine 2
                                Denmark 7, Kazakhstan 1
                                Slovenia 11, Croatia 3
                                Denmark 12, Croatia 3

DII:
                                France 8, Spain 1
                                France 15, Belgium 0
                                Hungary 20, China 0
                                Poland 8, Romania 1
                                Australia 10, China 3

The DIII tournament takes place in Mexico next month. Whee.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X