Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Hamphsire at Maine, Friday 12/10, CBSCS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Hamphsire at Maine, Friday 12/10, CBSCS

    Originally posted by Stevo1091 View Post
    I watched it on my DVR and if you play it in slow motion, Beck clearly sees two Maine players coming and turns right before they get to him. He could have easily avoided getting hit like that and risking an injury.
    So is that during the 8 seconds of slo-mo replay that he could've avoided getting hit or during the <1 second he had in real-time?

    Comment


    • Re: New Hamphsire at Maine, Friday 12/10, CBSCS

      Originally posted by Crazy4UNHhockey View Post
      So is that during the 8 seconds of slo-mo replay that he could've avoided getting hit or during the <1 second he had in real-time?
      He had enough time to react and turn his body, it was obviously his first instinct was to turn that way and try to avoid the hit....but it didn't work and he put himself in harms way.

      Comment


      • Re: New Hamphsire at Maine, Friday 12/10, CBSCS

        Originally posted by Stevo1091 View Post
        He had enough time to react and turn his body, it was obviously his first instinct was to turn that way and try to avoid the hit....but it didn't work and he put himself in harms way.
        If that is the case the Maine player had enough time not to hit him between the numbers and finish his check. Much like a high stick, it doesn't mater if a player lifts your stick and you hit somebody with it you are required to control your stick in all situations. When checking your opponent you are not free to be reckless and charge, board, or hitting from behind. If Beck had time to react so did the Maine player.
        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

        Comment


        • Re: New Hamphsire at Maine, Friday 12/10, CBSCS

          Originally posted by JB View Post
          If that is the case the Maine player had enough time not to hit him between the numbers and finish his check. Much like a high stick, it doesn't mater if a player lifts your stick and you hit somebody with it you are required to control your stick in all situations. When checking your opponent you are not free to be reckless and charge, board, or hitting from behind. If Beck had time to react so did the Maine player.
          I think he's saying that the UNH player had enough time to react by turning his back to the Maine player. Which would mean the Maine player would need double that time (the time for the UNHer to see the hit and start turning away plus the time for the Maine-ah to react and avoid the hit)
          Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

          Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

          Go MAINE! My sometimes home

          Comment


          • Re: New Hamphsire at Maine, Friday 12/10, CBSCS

            Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
            I think he's saying that the UNH player had enough time to react by turning his back to the Maine player. Which would mean the Maine player would need double that time (the time for the UNHer to see the hit and start turning away plus the time for the Maine-ah to react and avoid the hit)
            I know what he is trying to say. I just think his is wrong on this play, Beck didn't move late.

            However if you just watch the play the hit for behind is unnecessary and completely avoidable. The puck was dumped into the corner. When Beck (UNH D) gets to the puck his back is to the ice as he gets control of the puck along the dasher. For the rest of the play Beck does not change his positioning, he is stopped, constant distance from the wall, looking to move the puck up the near wall, until he is hit. When Beck first gets to the puck the 2 Maine players are just above the face-off dot. As Beck doesn't change his positioning that is a long distance for an NCAA hockey player to adjust and not drill the guy in the back. When Beck feeds the puck up the wall the Maine players are at the goal line, now the distance is tight but there is still room to not hit a non-moving back to you player square between the numbers. One Maine forward angles to make contact and finish his check "down" the wall into Becks side the direction he is facing. The other drives his shoulder between the numbers.

            I can't see how this is not hitting from behind. Could have also been called a charging, boarding is a stretch.

            I agree it is difficult when a guy turns late (which Beck didn't) but a hit from behind is a hit from behind. It isn't about a guy intending to hit a guy from behind it is doing it.
            Last edited by JB; 12-14-2010, 05:45 PM.
            "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

            Comment

            Working...
            X