Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU @ RPI, Saturday 12/11/10

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    i dont like either! therefore i am standing on the mountaintop of victory and you are sitting on the pedestal of ignorance!!
    Steve wins!
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
      Steve wins!
      He may win , but it is actually just an over educated version of

"I know you are, but what am I"

Thanks for taking the heat off of Yale guys
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
        You are a blowhard and your opinion is wrong. It was not his choice to cover the RPI game it was The Gazette sports editor and I really don't need to explain why in a public forum. If you really care to find out how friggen wrong you are, I will be pretty easy to find at all home games but the exhibition this Sunday. LMAO at you thinking the Gazette or any reporter cares what some anonymous jackoff thinks on a college hockey message board.
        Wow tell me what you really think....Im almost inclined to take this as a compliment considering the source...you obviously have lost the handle....best you stop very very soon because your mother was correct you will go blind or at the very least crosseyed...Merry Christmas...Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          Steve wins!
          He certainly has the best cheerleaders. You guys are so.... uh... happy.

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
            Wow tell me what you really think....Im almost inclined to take this as a compliment considering the source...you obviously have lost the handle....best you stop very very soon because your mother was correct you will go blind or at the very least crosseyed...Merry Christmas...Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that was an attempt at humor it was about as lame as your knowledge of hockey or anything else you spew on here. Consider the source someone who KNOWS and not guesses what is going on as far as the coverage the Gazette and Ken gives to college hockey. Now back to your blow up doll troll.

Comment

I think it's time to stop and close this thread...nothing productive is occurring. Happy Holidays to all....

Comment

If that was an attempt at humor it was about as lame as your knowledge of hockey or anything else you spew on here. Consider the source someone who KNOWS and not guesses what is going on as far as the coverage the Gazette and Ken gives to college hockey. Now back to your blow up doll troll.
                Since you are choosing to engage in name calling let me help you. You Sir, are a Kool Aid drinker. Let me tell you a little something how college rankings work. People who have ballots cannot possibly see all the games so they depend on people who cover the respective conferences. Media types believe people who portray themselves as the guru of ECAC Hockey when they are filling out their ballots. This is the part where your team is getting shafted by a person who represents themselves as an ECAC authority and really has an interest and bias. Recruits families, coaches and the recruits themselves look at these "meaningless" polls while they are deciding to pick a school. Also, the behavior at the presser after the Union game lead in part to the unfair suspension. The reporter in question on his weekly radio show basically admitted to agreeing with the suspension. Report the news don't be a part of it. So go back to believing everything you read and that may give you comfort but I applaud people who question authority, not just follow blindly. Also, stop accusing people of not knowing anything about hockey when your acumen can be called into question.
                Last edited by AspyDad; 12-18-2010, 03:49 PM.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

News Flash....you don't know jack sh.t !!!!!!
                  What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

An interesting turn of events, this thread has now turned from BU-BC name-calling to RPI fans fighting among ourselves.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      An interesting turn of events, this thread has now turned from BU-BC name-calling to RPI fans fighting among ourselves.
                      Sorta like the weather in new England....
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Whooops we thought we would get away with it because you weren't omnipresent.... got cought I'll stop !!!

Comment

Whooops we thought we would get away with it because you weren't omnipresent.... got cought I'll stop !!!
                          I concur with Ralph...stop the infighting! As an 'old timer', I've known johnk for many many years on this site and he's as knowledgeable as any poster that ever posted. I can't disagree with either side since Ken Schott IS a reporter for the Gazette that covers PRIMARILY Union college for its readers that are PRIMARILY in the Schenectady area. His job is to help sell newspapers and provide its readership with material that is pertinent to that interest. This is no less what Ed Weaver must do with the Record.

Ken Schott, in contrast with Mr. Weaver, has an ECAC if not national college hockey insight that he takes very seriously. Johnk understands this and tried to express this to Aspydad and yourself...maybe his approach was a bit over the top but his message was clear and spot on. Ok, you hate Union and therefore you hate Ken Schott. But don't mess with johnk and other RPI posters who are able to see the big picture.

And the big picture is not simply RPI hockey but the health and prosperity of NCAA hockey which needs men like Ken Schott to promote the sport and attempt to entertain and inform a wider readership than just one of a local upstate NY newspaper. There is an enormous threat to NCAA hockey at the moment and it needs all the allies and positive publicity that it can get. RPI is fortunate to have SA as coach and NCAA hockey is fortunate to have SA as an articulate coaches' association president. And he knows the value of people like Ken Schott. Now it's your turn.

My $.02....

I'm still crazy in section 17...Larry
                          RPI Hockey - Taking on the World!

Comment

Like I said before, nothing postive or productive is happening on this thread, please close it down, the "game" is long over...everyone should enjoy the Holidays, remember hockey is a game... a game...peace to all...

Comment

Originally posted by Still Crazy in section 17 View Post
                              I concur with Ralph...stop the infighting! As an 'old timer', I've known johnk for many many years on this site and he's as knowledgeable as any poster that ever posted. I can't disagree with either side since Ken Schott IS a reporter for the Gazette that covers PRIMARILY Union college for its readers that are PRIMARILY in the Schenectady area. His job is to help sell newspapers and provide its readership with material that is pertinent to that interest. This is no less what Ed Weaver must do with the Record.

Ken Schott, in contrast with Mr. Weaver, has an ECAC if not national college hockey insight that he takes very seriously. Johnk understands this and tried to express this to Aspydad and yourself...maybe his approach was a bit over the top but his message was clear and spot on. Ok, you hate Union and therefore you hate Ken Schott. But don't mess with johnk and other RPI posters who are able to see the big picture.

And the big picture is not simply RPI hockey but the health and prosperity of NCAA hockey which needs men like Ken Schott to promote the sport and attempt to entertain and inform a wider readership than just one of a local upstate NY newspaper. There is an enormous threat to NCAA hockey at the moment and it needs all the allies and positive publicity that it can get. RPI is fortunate to have SA as coach and NCAA hockey is fortunate to have SA as an articulate coaches' association president. And he knows the value of people like Ken Schott. Now it's your turn.

My $.02....

I'm still crazy in section 17...Larry
                              Don't hate Union....Don't hate Ken Schott...Didn't mess with Johnk....he attacked me unsolicited and called me names for no reason...and I just defended myself.As for Ken Schott if he wants to bill himself as a ECAC reporter he should become more unbiased towords his hometown team if he doesn't want to thats fine but he should be called out for that as long as he misrepresents what he actually does...The difference between Ed Weaver and Ken Schott is he makes it clear that he is the beat reporter for RPI and nothing else,and in my opinion they do the same thing.I will admit Ken has been better about his cheerleading lately....you have to ask yourself WHY....maybe because his feet are being held to the fire a little bit....I don't know but I'm sure johnk does.....I believe he is the self appointed OPINION police...and has first hand inside knowledge of what goes on at the schenectady gazzette or so he infers.....again just my opinion don't hate me !

Comment

Don't hate Union....Don't hate Ken Schott...Didn't mess with Johnk....he attacked me unsolicited and called me names for no reason...and I just defended myself.As for Ken Schott if he wants to bill himself as a ECAC reporter he should become more unbiased towords his hometown team if he doesn't want to thats fine but he should be called out for that as long as he misrepresents what he actually does...The difference between Ed Weaver and Ken Schott is he makes it clear that he is the beat reporter for RPI and nothing else,and in my opinion they do the same thing.I will admit Ken has been better about his cheerleading lately....you have to ask yourself WHY....maybe because his feet are being held to the fire a little bit....I don't know but I'm sure johnk does.....I believe he is the self appointed OPINION police...and has first hand inside knowledge of what goes on at the schenectady gazzette or so he infers.....again just my opinion don't hate me !
                                This will be my last post on this subject in this thread. Sorry terrierfan...

Glad to get anyone's opinons but when opinion gets said enough times and becomes 'fact' is where I feel the need to post. Schott reported on the RPI/BU game instead of Union/Army for the exact reason that johnk posted here and I have correspondence with Ken to back that statement. It is FACT. Holding Ken's feet to the fire, as you say, is OPINION and has no basis in fact. None. Zip. Nada. I find it amusing and a clever approach for an avid RPI follower like yourself to explain Ken's presence at the HFH but don't take offense if someone calls you out in such a circumstance. Comes with the territory.

Troyboy, I enjoy reading your posts and the others here on the RPI threads and I don't usually post myself anymore for some obvious reasons. Opinionate away! The best and most interesting material usually comes from them! But just keep in mind that some of us keep holding folks with opinions 'feet to the fire' when they just don't jive with what is fact. OK? Peace, brother.

Still crazy in section 17...Larry
                                RPI Hockey - Taking on the World!

Comment

Working...
                                X