X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU @ RPI, Saturday 12/11/10

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
    That proved nothing.
    Just curious, if you're talking about what Steve posted, what didn't it prove?

Comment

That proved nothing.
      Not to you it didn't... you already knew Jack was classless from following BU for many years. However, this was quite useful for the fanboys that think "Jack Parka is the greatest eva zomg he's a living legend genius could have coached the Bruins if he wanted" that just started following college hockey recently and don't have the larger picture of Parker that some other longtime fans have.

That's to say nothing to the fact that the quotes, which were QUITE REVEALING, that came from Bertagna belonged to a guy who has historically been very lenient to Parker and BU in general terms (I know "prove it" some fanboy will say).

You could just feel the fanboy bubbles bursting when Steve broke the news to them that Jack has been a problem child for Bertagna. (But look what he's done for Travis Roy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Boy the fanboys sure did scatter like cockroaches when Steve dropped that bomb from Bertagna that he dug up...

Fantastic.

Happy Holidays everyone!
        Do you not see the irony? You are the board's biggest fanboy... of SteveF. How much longer will you tolerate being second fiddle, Smithers to his Burnes, the Smee to his Hook, the Launchpad Mcquack to his Darkwing Duck, the Precious to his Buffalo Bill?

happy holidays all

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Just curious, if you're talking about what Steve posted, what didn't it prove?
          Before Steve's post this thread went pages and pages before there was a BU fan who I think may not of known of Parker's suspension. Basically, you guys are talking to yourselves at this point.

Look, no one is saying Parker is an angel. There are things Parker have done which I am not supportive of. However, to completely villfy the guy and calling him classless, slime, low on the totem pole, is wrong also. Since you said you are a Belichick "rump-swab," it seems you are able to overlook a few negative things and appreciate the overall body of work.

When you guys talk about Parker, you guys sound like Colts/Jets fans talking about Belichick!

Comment

Before Steve's post this thread went pages and pages before there was a BU fan who I think may not of known of Parker's suspension. Basically, you guys are talking to yourselves at this point.

Look, no one is saying Parker is an angel. There are things Parker have done which I am not supportive of. However, to completely villfy the guy and calling him classless, slime, low on the totem pole, is wrong also. Since you said you are a Belichick "rump-swab," it seems you are able to overlook a few negative things and appreciate the overall body of work.

When you guys talk about Parker, you guys sound like Colts/Jets fans talking about Belichick!
            I guess I still don't know what you meant by "that proves nothing", but anyway...

For the record, I haven't used classless, slime, or low on the totem pole. Also, yes, I am a Belichick "rump-swab" in regard to him as a football coach/his coaching ability. That's it though. As I've said in this thread, I've never questioned what Parker has accomplished as a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
              Do you not see the irony? You are the board's biggest fanboy... of SteveF.
              Maybe if I was...
              1) hopping up and down like a fairy
              2) hugging other guy's around me every time Steve posted something
              3) wearing sparkly sequin clothing
              4) chanting "gentry sucks, gentry sucks, gentry sucks" every time I saw Steve even if Gentry wasn't around.

When you come and figure out how to use the word "fanboy" appropriately, come back and see me. I award you no point, Mr. Lawrence. You've brought shame upon Sensei Kreese and the Cobra Kai dojo.

Kudos to Steve for finding those quotes before I could go home and google something like "Jack Parker suspended" to see what popped up since I was going on memory only of why he was suspended in the first place (and I was right), although I will admit I didn't even remember the quotes from Bertagna existed from back in the day.

Happy Holidays to you as well.
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                When did you give into the political correct stuff!!!!! Merry Christmas
                Political correctness has nothing to do with it. Its respect for many people that have holidays during this time of year.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  Political correctness has nothing to do with it. Its respect for many people that have holidays during this time of year.
                  Happy Holidays
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Maybe if I was...
                    1) hopping up and down like a fairy
                    2) hugging other guy's around me every time Steve posted something
                    3) wearing sparkly sequin clothing
                    4) chanting "gentry sucks, gentry sucks, gentry sucks" every time I saw Steve even if Gentry wasn't around.
                    I've seen you wearing sequins and I believe you're the one who decorated Gentry's face when he passed out!
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

hopefully this is my last post in this thread...

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                        the best part about it is how the johnny-come-lately fanboys who didnt even know bu existed way back in 2000 wont remember.
                        the enemy of my enemy is my friend...

Great job and post Steve!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone
                          and to all a good night.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                            the enemy of my enemy is my friend...

Great job and post Steve!!!
                            Ahhhh it's so ironic. You're a fanboy... of SteveF.

We better stop it. buoldtimer is getting upset.

FedLeague, brother, I commend you for your post about how you thought BU was over the line at the end of the game. And same goes for mookie referencing the 2006 debacle. The rest of the thread has progressed from the "provide evidence" quotes and the ramblings from Agganis a few pages back. The evidence is out there, Jack has been caught red-handed time and time again. It is what it is. I know you guys love him, but ... like I said, it is what it is.

Comment

i dont like either! therefore i am standing on the mountaintop of victory and you are sitting on the pedestal of ignorance!!
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                                Lighten up Buddy I just don't think your cut out for the Blogisphere,your way to touchy in your attempts to be above the fray...I suggest you join the fray and tell us what you really think its a lot more fun that way...As far as Ken Schott blowing off the Union game to attend the RPI game....He was embarrsed into it in no small measure due to the diserved criticism he recieved on this forum for his stunt after the disallowed goal @ Union...yes he does patrol this board and has commented publicly about the critcism he has recieved here.No one here should mistake him for a shill for RPI...just the oppisite,he is employed by the local newspaper in the city that Union College is located in and in essence is there beat reporter.His attendence @ the BU/RPI game and the blog where he blasted Jack Parker was nothing more than his attempt at a makeup call plain and simple.JMO
                                You are a blowhard and your opinion is wrong. It was not his choice to cover the RPI game it was The Gazette sports editor and I really don't need to explain why in a public forum. If you really care to find out how friggen wrong you are, I will be pretty easy to find at all home games but the exhibition this Sunday. LMAO at you thinking the Gazette or any reporter cares what some anonymous jackoff thinks on a college hockey message board.

Comment

Working...
                                X