Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU @ RPI, Saturday 12/11/10

Originally posted by Redd10 View Post
    no offense, but the media member is rather irrelevant. he was doing his job, he took the side of the hometown team. it'd be akin to dan shaughnessy writing an article blasting they yankees, it's what you expect.
    How about... it's akin to a fanboy defending the actions of their crazy coach?

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    What accounts were these? And how many hundreds of more accounts of Parker being a "well respected and very good" college coach are there?
    I'm not here to debate what people do or don't think or Parker. But let me add that you're way way way off base if you don't believe that Ken Schott is one of the best college hockey writers in the entire country.

You BU fanboys crack me up.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

How many coaches have been seen throwing bottles on the ice to protest a refs call? How many coaches have been seen with a headset in the walkway to stay in contact with the bench after being kicked out of a game? This is also the guy who kicked a player off his team because he reminded him of Craig Janney. (and this is just the on ice stuff. Clearly he has shown to be classless off the ice as well).

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
        How many coaches have been seen throwing bottles on the ice to protest a refs call?
        A lot.

How many coaches have been seen with a headset in the walkway to stay in contact with the bench after being kicked out of a game?
        Quite a few.

This is also the guy who kicked a player off his team because he reminded him of Craig Janney.
        Please provide evidence.

Clearly he has shown to be classless off the ice as well
        Please provide evidence.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

FL, people can ask you to provide evidence as well. Since you said "a lot" of coaches have thrown water bottles on the ice, let's rephrase it. How many college hockey coaches, since that's what we're really talking about here. Please provide a list. Thanks.

Also, please provide a list of college hockey coaches who have been caught red handed during a league suspension? Didn't Parker do this in the late 90s? Received a one game suspension (shocker) and then was still present at the next game? Or something like this? This evidence game is easy to play. But as I've said, I expect all BU fans and I guess now even "unbiased" media members to defend him at all costs.

Comment

And who could forget ole JackPa "eating his ham sandwich" while he conveniently watched a Harvard practice prior to an NCAA tourney meeting...pretty sure he wasn't supposed to be there.

He's proven to be a great college hockey coach and might be a great guy away from the rink...I'll just leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              FL, people can ask you to provide evidence as well. Since you said "a lot" of coaches have thrown water bottles on the ice, let's rephrase it. How many college hockey coaches, since that's what we're really talking about here. Please provide a list. Thanks.
              Maybe not throwing a water bottle on the ice, but Denver's George Gwozdecky walked across the ice to argue with a ref a few years ago and Miami's Enrico Blasi mock applauded the refs after he was ejected from a game last year. I guess they must both be terrible people, too.

Also, please provide a list of college hockey coaches who have been caught red handed during a league suspension? Didn't Parker do this in the late 90s? Received a one game suspension (shocker) and then was still present at the next game? Or something like this? This evidence game is easy to play. But as I've said, I expect all BU fans and I guess now even "unbiased" media members to defend him at all costs.
              I'm not familiar with this incident, so I won't comment on it, but you've gotta be joking if you think Parker is the only coach to ever show up at a game while suspended.

And who could forget ole JackPa "eating his ham sandwich" while he conveniently watched a Harvard practice prior to an NCAA tourney meeting...pretty sure he wasn't supposed to be there.
              Depends if it was a closed practice or not. A lot of teams have open practices, meaning anyone, including opposing coaches, can watch. BU used to have open practices before closing them last year.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Are you referring to the time he suspended himself to set a good example for his players? The next game was at Merrimack, I believe, and he watched from the stands.

Comment

As I remember, it was a turkey sandwich.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    Maybe not throwing a water bottle on the ice, but Denver's George Gwozdecky walked across the ice to argue with a ref a few years ago and Miami's Enrico Blasi mock applauded the refs after he was ejected from a game last year. I guess they must both be terrible people, too.
                    I remember that Gwozdecky incident at North Dakota...glad you at least provided some evidence after asking another poster for some. I haven't personally called Parker a terrible person either. Away from the rink, maybe he's a great guy.

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    I'm not familiar with this incident, so I won't comment on it, but you've gotta be joking if you think Parker is the only coach to ever show up at a game while suspended.
                    Do you have any evidence of other college hockey coaches getting caught red handed???

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Are you referring to the time he suspended himself to set a good example for his players? The next game was at Merrimack, I believe, and he watched from the stands.
                    Umm definitely not. I distinctly remember a game at WBA where he was supposed to be suspended. The game was on TV (old channel 68 i think) and they actually showed Parker somewhere in the rink. Almost certain HE issued an additional one game suspension because of it. If someone has the exact year/games involved, please help me out.

Again, don't blame you guys for supporting your coach (well, maybe what should be an unbiased media member), just don't get on others for pointing out why they don't like him.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      As I remember, it was a turkey sandwich.
                      LOL

and FL, i remember this incident because he wasn't supposed to be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        LOL

and FL, i remember this incident because he wasn't supposed to be there.
                        The suspended game he watched from the old press box behind the goal at WBA.

Don't recall a headset on in the runway... But sounded good
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Do you have any evidence of other college hockey coaches getting caught red handed???
                          Seth Appert was suspended for his actions following the game at Union College on Fri, Nov 12. He was suspended the next week for RPI's next game (vs UConn at our own tournament on Fri, Nov 26). There is video evidence of him going onto the ice to help a fallen player.

Can we please stop the b*tch-fest?

Schott is a great writer, but if he feels that the team that he covers has been slighted, then he's going to write about it. And he's going to write about it until someone hears and starts a similar b*tch-fest. Was Parker over the line? Probably. Were the refs terrible? Probably. Is this all being blown way out of context by the BU/BC hatred? Absolutely. Now, take this out of the RPI-related thread! PLEASE! Get out! Go away! Shoo! Scram! Out!
                          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Y'all are Bill Belichick rump-swabs, right? So, based on your hatred/disgust for Jack Parker and his actions, you must really hate coach Bill. Right?
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                              Seth Appert was suspended for his actions following the game at Union College on Fri, Nov 12. He was suspended the next week for RPI's next game (vs UConn at our own tournament on Fri, Nov 26).
                              Appert is also very early into his coaching career. Not sure if he already has a reputation. Guess we'll see in the coming years.

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              Y'all are Bill Belichick rump-swabs, right? So, based on your hatred/disgust for Jack Parker and his actions, you must really hate coach Bill. Right?
                              As a football coach? Absolutely I'm a Belichick rump-swab.

Comment

Away from the rink, maybe he's a great guy.
                                I think you need only look at what he's done with Travis Roy to see that.

What burgie12 just posted. And you still haven't provided evidence of your incident actually happening, BTW. I'm not saying it didn't, but I'd like to see an article or something and not just take you at your word.

Again, don't blame you guys for supporting your coach (well, maybe what should be an unbiased media member), just don't get on others for pointing out why they don't like him.
                                If this is referring to me, which I'm sure it is, I fail to see your point. You do realize I criticized Parker for what happened at the end of the RPI game earlier in this very same thread, right? If disagreeing with Slasher's assertion that Parker is a disgrace to the game and asking him to provide evidence for his outrageous claims makes me a homer, then so be it.

Comment

Working...
                                X